Weak donor are ?? FUE ??

I had a progressive hair loss for about 10 years

I am now 32 years old

I think my donor area is limited and now the hair in the back of head is thinning out as you see in the photos it’s ovious especially when i cut my hair short

I think the baldness will progress more over the next years

I noticed also these red dots in my scalp when my hair was very short and they are painful to touch they improved when i used fucidin cream

What do you advice me ??

image.thumb.jpeg.50d9f543ee50c6ef96edf4d5c2facb49.jpeg

I would not suggest fue, I don't think you're a strong candidate for a hair transplant period. You have significant loss with what looks like retrograde alopecia and the hair loss pattern is significant at a young age. Your best bet is to get in front of a hair transplant surgeon, and who knows maybe some time on meds will strengthen your donor enough that you may down the road be viable for a procedure or some sort but even then you're not going to be looking at full coverage so you'll have to weigh if that road is going to be worth it to you.. at the moment your best course imo is to not look at transplants but possibly shaving it down, smp, or a hair system. Regarding the red dots, that would be best for a dermatologist to assess, it could be inflammation it could be scalp dermatitis, ingrown hair follicles, any number of things.

I would not suggest fue, I don't think you're a strong candidate for a hair transplant period. You have significant loss with what looks like retrograde alopecia and the hair loss pattern is significant at a young age. Your best bet is to get in front of a hair transplant surgeon, and who knows maybe some time on meds will strengthen your donor enough that you may down the road be viable for a procedure or some sort but even then you're not going to be looking at full coverage so you'll have to weigh if that road is going to be worth it to you.. at the moment your best course imo is to not look at transplants but possibly shaving it down, smp, or a hair system. Regarding the red dots, that would be best for a dermatologist to assess, it could be inflammation it could be scalp dermatitis, ingrown hair follicles, any number of things.

I tried minoxidil but it's not very effective and it causes skin irritation

I don't wanna use propecia because of its side effects

But i saw some people with complete baldness who had FUE mostly on 2 sessions !

But Off course they won't get a high density !

I tried minoxidil but it's not very effective and it causes skin irritation

I don't wanna use propecia because of its side effects

But i saw some people with complete baldness who had FUE mostly on 2 sessions !

But Off course they won't get a high density !

I'm not a fan of topical minoxidil myself but it works for some. There is oral minoxidil which some forum members I've talked to have used to good effects but it's not a med without it's own risks and should be used under a doctors guidance so that could be one avenue to discuss with a transplant doc or dermatologist.

Propecia is hands down the number 1 medicine in your hair loss battle, the side effects are overstated. A small percentage of users have sides, while the overwhelming get results. It should be at least attempted, if the sides affect you, then stop. There is no guarantee that even fin or oral minox will strengthen your donor enough to make you viable but without them no respectable surgeon would see you as a candidate. Sorry

Everybody is different, a guy with advanced hair loss and a healthy strong donor can get coverage without great density all over but you're hit with the double whammy of being an advanced progressing nw and having a weak donor. If you're going to be going thru a transplant you can only survive one negative. If your donor isn't great you better not have a lot of loss but unfortunately that isn't the case here.

I'm not a fan of topical minoxidil myself but it works for some. There is oral minoxidil which some forum members I've talked to have used to good effects but it's not a med without it's own risks and should be used under a doctors guidance so that could be one avenue to discuss with a transplant doc or dermatologist.

Propecia is hands down the number 1 medicine in your hair loss battle, the side effects are overstated. A small percentage of users have sides, while the overwhelming get results. It should be at least attempted, if the sides affect you, then stop. There is no guarantee that even fin or oral minox will strengthen your donor enough to make you viable but without them no respectable surgeon would see you as a candidate. Sorry

Everybody is different, a guy with advanced hair loss and a healthy strong donor can get coverage without great density all over but you're hit with the double whammy of being an advanced progressing nw and having a weak donor. If you're going to be going thru a transplant you can only survive one negative. If your donor isn't great you better not have a lot of loss but unfortunately that isn't the case here.

I sent these photos to multiple doctors and many of them told me that the doner area is not excellent but not bad and they can take upto 3000-4000 grafts but i am afraid this will cause problems for thr doner area in the future ! But some of them said they can't decide by photos only. I think the hair on the sides is better than the back but obviously i need a large number of grafts to cover this large area !

Have you heard about topical finasteride ?

I used it and still have one bottle left.

I sent these photos to multiple doctors and many of them told me that the doner area is not excellent but not bad and they can take upto 3000-4000 grafts but i am afraid this will cause problems for thr doner area in the future ! But some of them said they can't decide by photos only. I think the hair on the sides is better than the back but obviously i need a large number of grafts to cover this large area !

well they are the experts but I would get it checked in person cause it looks very thin to me and pulling hairs from it is just going to deplete it further and allow scarring to be evident. Yes, 3-4k wouldn't go very far on your scalp, so it depends on what you're willing to accept. If you're willing to accept just minor coverage or possibly a solid hairline only they might be able to make that work if indeed there is 3-4k grafts there.

Have you heard about topical finasteride ?

yes, Dr Hassons clinic i believe has had positive results with it. Maybe one of their reps would chime in or you could reach out to one of them via pm and ask their thoughts. I haven't used it personally so I don't know how it compares to oral fin but it would definitely be a huge step up from nothing.

Sorry, correction: i used morrF5%, topical which contains minox5% and 0.1% fin. It was not good for me because of the extreme reaction

Yeh I too have high Norwood and weak donor and have “read” some great things about DR Maral and the results look great, not sure how he’s managing it though. Anyone heard about him? Sounds too good to be true but his results look great, and there are a lot of good cases