Ahead Ink: Thickening Effect/Long Hair

A lot of you have requested pictures of clients who desired SMP for a thickening effect to enhance their hair transplants. For this type of procedure I employ a 3-point needle and will sometimes work a bit deeper than I would for a shaved look client. While this isn't the perfect solution (there's nothing like real hair) many of our clients are very pleased with the final product and report they are able to ditch their concealers/cover ups. ***I have more pictures that I'll be posting soon***

thickentop.jpg

crown2.jpg

crownb_A.jpg

Alb_atop.jpg

Alcrownb_a.jpg

robspirab_a.jpg

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Row 2, with the close-up of the buzzed hair crown (quarter inch shave) is impressive

3185 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 2/17/16

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/182611-fut-3185-dr-rahal-day-after-pics.html

1204 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 3/27/17

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/186586-round-2-rahal-1204-fut-frontal-third-same-area.html

---> total of 4389 grafts to my frontal third via FUT

---> 1mg finasteride daily since 1999:)

hairthere....mostly impressive results...some outstanding

how often do you perform SMP on out of town patients?

is SMP not practical on cross-country patients because they would need to fly in every what? every year?

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

Thanks guys!

Shampoo,

I have many clients who travel from out of town. Unfortunately the fade time is an X factor with temporary SMP. It will depend on external factors (sun and chlorine exposure being the two main culprits), as well as how quickly your scalp exfoliates, and how fast your body might absorb and expel the pigment. The average I'm seeing guys come in for touchups is between 1-2 years. However, within the last year I began using a 3-point needle with depth set a bit deeper than .5mm specifically for Thickening Effect clients. The first two clients pictured were actually treated with this 3-point needle approach, whereas I believe the other examples got the single-point. I have some more recent 3 point clients I'll be posting this week....

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Yea; a hybrid if you will for thickening (not temp smp but not decades permanent). What people don't understand is that if you go with completely permanent smp when your hair begins to grey - ha - you are screwed.

I like the idea of fading but a bit slower than every year touchups. Every 2 or 2.5 years seems like a compromise.

Great thread regardless and Ahead Ink is a motivated guy and I think understands the balding man due to his own hairloss journey.

Innovation is key - one never knows what one can achieve unless continual asking questions.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Bill and JJ! I don't think there is any perfect solution to hairloss. That's why it is important, as JJ pointed out, for those of us in the industry to continue to try and improve the products that currently exist and invent new ones. Thankfully there are smart, innovative, ethical people out there doing so every day, and there are forums like this to help showcase them.

• 1 month later...

I've read some comments of shedding after getting it done.

I want to get SMP on my fut scar and on my crown for that thickening effect.

But the thought of shedding.... scares me. I've had multiple HTs done... can't afford to lost any more hair

How's the percentage rate of people that shed?