Dr. Wong / 2539 grafts / FUE / 8 months post-op

Vancouver area patient in his early 30’s. average donor average texture. Motorized punch, .85mm. Dr. Wong and team transplanted 2539 grafts. 268 were single hair grafts, 2044 doubles and 227 were 3 -4 hair grafts. These photos were taken 8 months post-op.

AL-drw-FUE-front.jpg

AL-drw-FUE-front-close.jpg

AL-drw-FUE-front-tilt.jpg

AL-drw-FUE-right.jpg

AL-drw-FUE-left.jpg

AL-drw-FUE-top.jpg

AL-drw-FUE-surgery.jpg

I am a salaried employee of Hasson and Wong since 2001. Opinions expressed are my own.

Hassonandwong.com

Looks like this guys complete donor area took a big hit ?

Wondering since hes just 30 going forward if he needed another procedure will they still be able to find a spot pull it from back there ?

What do you base this off of? I can't see enough of his donor to say anything close to that.

What do you base this off of? I can't see enough of his donor to say anything close to that.

I really put this out there as a question coz I'm definitely no expert on HT trying to learn so I don't make the mistake of wasting my donor hair is all

So I base it on the bottom left picture that shows where they pulled the hair from the donor area am i wrong ?

Looks to me like they pulled spread out pretty much evenly across the whole back of his head.

In the future if the guy needed to do another procedure do you think they could pull more hair out of the same area again with out it really showing back there if not where else can they pull it from ?

Edited by Markee

It's a good question, but that's actually what you want. The more homogenized or spread out the donor extractions, the less damage is done. It also reduces the thinning effect. Ultimately he may not be a candidate for another FUE but I'm sure he has 2-3 strip procedures left in him.

I'm trying to figure out the best plan for me some of the stuff i been reading is saying it might be best to start with strip first to maximise donor hair

Doug,

Can you explain why H & W implemented a motorized .85MM punch vs the manual .08MM punch I have seen on the majority of the other H & W FUE cases you have presented?

Is this change case specific or have you implemented this change for all of your FUE cases? If yes can you elaborate on why the change was made?

The patients results look good. What is the patients remaining donor capacity estimated at?

Markee said:
I'm trying to figure out the best plan for me some of the stuff i been reading is saying it might be best to start with strip first to maximise donor hair

if your need requires you to maximize donors then absolutely strip is the first choice and strip out until you can no longer, then move on to fue. In the case of this patient, as was pointed out that you want that even spreading out of the extraction pattern. Donor areas tend to look pretty beaten up post op fue but once healed and grown out that's when the average person can tell what their donor area still has in it. A doc can tell when its shaved down better than we could but if its his first surgery, i'd be shocked if he didn't have at least one more fue of this size left in his donor as Doug said he's got an average donor supply.

• 2 weeks later...
Doug,

Can you explain why H & W implemented a motorized .85MM punch vs the manual .08MM punch I have seen on the majority of the other H & W FUE cases you have presented?

Is this change case specific or have you implemented this change for all of your FUE cases? If yes can you elaborate on why the change was made?

The patients results look good. What is the patients remaining donor capacity estimated

Wazaan,

We went to the motorized for a few reasons.

1. The quality of the grafts was at least as good if not better compared to manual.

2. Better yield, hybrid flat punch results in less transection.

3. Less user fatigue which allows for larger sessions and reduces the chance of user injury.

We use the motorized for all FUE cases.

Dr. Wong estimated 4,000 grafts via FUE left in reserve.

Based on his projected final hair loss pattern, he will not need to exhaust his donor reserves to address any potential future loss.

I am a salaried employee of Hasson and Wong since 2001. Opinions expressed are my own.

Hassonandwong.com