FUE for second procedure after FUT with Dr Rahal

Hello all,

In your opinion who are the best FUE surgeons out there at the moment ? I'm looking to get some crown work done.

I haven't been active much on this forum ever since mu last updates on my FUT procedure with Dr Rahal. I had 3581 grafts transplanted into the frontal third and I am very happy with the results but the look of my crown is depressing me :(

I consulted Dr Rahal again but he is of the opinion that I should go for FUE as my second procedure as my scalp is tight and another FUT procedure may do more damage han good to my scalp i.e permanent pain and also wider scar. I completely trust Dr Rahal's judgement given the great doctor he is.

I know Dr Rahal and Dr Hasson probably the best FUT surgeons out there when it comes to FUT and if it was possible I would've gone for another FUT but given Dr Rahal's advice, the dynamics have changed. Please let me know who you guys rate as the best in the business for FUT?

Thanks a lot

Hello all,

In your opinion who are the best FUE surgeons out there at the moment ? I'm looking to get some crown work done.

I haven't been active much on this forum ever since mu last updates on my FUT procedure with Dr Rahal. I had 3581 grafts transplanted into the frontal third and I am very happy with the results but the look of my crown is depressing me :(

I consulted Dr Rahal again but he is of the opinion that I should go for FUE as my second procedure as my scalp is tight and another FUT procedure may do more damage han good to my scalp i.e permanent pain and also wider scar. I completely trust Dr Rahal's judgement given the great doctor he is.

I know Dr Rahal and Dr Hasson probably the best FUT surgeons out there when it comes to FUT and if it was possible I would've gone for another FUT but given Dr Rahal's advice, the dynamics have changed. Please let me know who you guys rate as the best in the business for FUT?

Thanks a lot

Think you meant FUE right? Why would you not go back to Rahal for a FUE given that you have already had direct experience with him and his clinic? Just curious.

In terms of FUE surgeons if you're planning on staying in the US maybe consult with Konior and get his advice (bare in mind he has a long wait time). Gabel and Cooley as well.

Outside of the US I hear the same names being mentioned Erdogan, Bisanga and Feriduni as top guys.

Thanks for your response UK lad.

Yes i would be tempted to go back to Dr Rahal but from what I've seen and heard, he is the master of FUT. In regards, to FUE, I wanted to know who are the best in the business for that - I'd also prefer to travel within Europe as I'm based in London.

Thanks

London based, you and me both mate!

If it's Europe you want to stay in, then Bisanga (Belgium), Feriduni (Belgium), Erdogan (Turkey) and Lorenzo (Madrid I believe) are all recommended on here. There maybe more but these guys seem to get mentioned quite a lot. Just an FYI Feriduni has a long wait list for both consults and procedures.

Edited by UKLad81
Correction

I am also in the same situation as you and its hard to figure out whos the best FUE docs in the U.S bc everybody will tell you somthing different and I definitely dont want to end up with a bunch of little scars on the back of my head bc of the wrong punch used.

It's not an easy process I'll give you that however, the more consults you do, the more you do your research and the more you speak to previous patients the easier the process becomes. Ask questions and don't be afraid of asking too many. until your satisfied you won't be able to make a decision.

Believe me I've been doing the above for the last year or so and finally booked a procedure with Cooley.

@Djlazerblue - where have you heard that erdogan only does the incisions and nothing else. Isn't that the case with most of the surgeons?

@Djlazerblue - where have you heard that erdogan only does the incisions and nothing else. Isn't that the case with most of the surgeons?

Check the video he’s been there, And absolutely NOT a dr should be doing ALL the extractions it’s the most crucial part of the procedure, so answer to your question is no it’s not that case, all good surgeons do the extractions and incisions, implantation is done by a techs normally

Check the video he’s been there, And absolutely NOT a dr should be doing ALL the extractions it’s the most crucial part of the procedure, so answer to your question is no it’s not that case, all good surgeons do the extractions and incisions, implantation is done by a techs normally

That is a debatable point about which part of the surgery is the most important. I used a doc in Lorenzo who feels that implanting was vitally important and where most of the mistakes are made. I'm not debating that extraction is important but it's that the drs have some sort of special ability to extract over an experienced tech that I question. As Dr Feller has pointed out on numerous occasions, the extraction is a blind process in fue so a dr isn't able to see anything that a tech is not so it comes down to repetition and developing some sort of feel. Just because somebody is a dr doesn't mean that they have the experience extracting and that they have developed the feel a tech has, it is very much a learned skill. It's not a fluke that the docs putting up the best and most consistent fue results delegate that part of the surgery. Erdogan, Lorenzo, Bisanga, Feriduni, Hasson/Wong. Techs aren't allowed to extract in the US or you'd probably see many of the docs go that route as well as there does not seem to be any real upside from doing it yourself, or we'd see a significant difference in results between these docs and their counterparts. It seems to offer some patients some comfort in knowing their doc is doing more and is a good marketing point but and no offense to dr Lupanzula but is there any difference in his results and the other Belgian docs, he's every bit as good but any better? but how many times have you read that I am leaning Lupanzula because he does extractions. How many times have we heard the legend of Dr Konior but have you seen even 5 fue works from him, while Dr Lorenzo and Erdogan must have a thousand between them but we here again he does it all so it must be better than all the real world examples...but of the examples he does have show me works better than those 2 docs... All good surgeons certainly do not do extractions.

Edited by mikeyhwk

In the UK its illegal for anyone but a DR to extract, Turkey is a good example where i see the most donor areas that have been over harvested by techs, so your telling me if you would be fine going to a clinic knowing that your DR is only going to make your incisions then leave??

In the UK its illegal for anyone but a DR to extract, Turkey is a good example where i see the most donor areas that have been over harvested by techs, so your telling me if you would be fine going to a clinic knowing that your DR is only going to make your incisions then leave??

NO, don't twist my words. Turkey there is only 2 docs I would recommend, one does it all himself and Erdogan who does not. When choosing a doc who has techs extracting it is of vital importance to know the experience of the techs involved. There are clinics like the ones i mentioned who train their techs properly, keep them in place for years and it's not a rotation of whomever they can find like some of the fly by night tech mills. If you cannot vet the techs, and they are inexperienced then a dr would be the obvious preferable choice no question. When you talk of a clinic like Lorenzos or Erdogans however, a lot of the doctors people are using are learning their extraction technique from these docs, you think they can't teach a tech the same thing...Lorenzos tech was telling me had her training for 6 months on a practice dummy before she could even sit in and watch a surgery so she probably has more repetitions than a majority of the US docs who offer fue. If you look to their results they show that.. Not all techs are created equal, and using a dr for extractions doesn't mean you're going to get better work done, that's all im saying. Do your due dilligence on every person involved in your surgery.

Ok well that's your take, my advice to people is go with a DR that does most of the procedure especially the extraction, you need to stand the best chance and the very elite surgeons more or less don the full procedure, remember you only get 1 shot at that donor area

Ok well that's your take, my advice to people is go with a DR that does most of the procedure especially the extraction, you need to stand the best chance and the very elite surgeons more or less don the full procedure, remember you only get 1 shot at that donor area

Fair enough, as I said, it makes some guys feel more comfortable. I absolutely agree, you only get 1 chance and picking the clinic that has the best track record of consistent excellent results is of up most importance. How much the dr does of that surgery to me is secondary to the results.

Whoever you choose, I'd go with a doctor that ably does both FUE and FUT, the more diversely skilled they are the better.

It shows they're not handling a hammer and treating everything like a nail.

I'd also make sure the doctor is doing it manually and not relying on robotic devices for extraction, a surgeon worth their salt wants to be hands on in my opinion, so they can gauge which punch is best for which patient.

My bias is for Gabel and by extension Konior, but they've presented a track record that has earned that bias.

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016