Thinking of 2nd HT - Need Advice

Background:

Norwood 7 - Starting Noticing hairloss since 18.

MEDICATIONS & CONCEALERS: None. Tried 10 years ago but gave up. Not for me.

HT:

Underwent a HT with Dr. Damkerng Pathomvanich on 5/01/12

I received 4163 grafts / 11515 hairs

# 1 hair grafts: 296

# 2 or 3 hair grafts: 3091

# 4 to 5 hair grafts: 776

On the day after the HT Dr Path told me i had dense hair and decent flex so could consider second HT down the track.

Photos 2,3,4,6 are Pre1st HT and just Post.

5b32f5a3824a7_2PreHT-Top.thumb.jpg.6b2a77ec7dd1b29e24e1d4b619c40215.jpg

5b32f5a44bbe4_3PreHT-Top2.thumb.jpg.cb3d67b34deebbca711bd290cc683689.jpg

5b32f5a47022c_4PreHT-Back.thumb.jpg.01ab2e1f130e59badae79dbfff1af7d5.jpg

5b32f5a494ed4_6PostHT-Top.thumb.jpg.6ecaac8ffe007c963cb879bc8b37ab2e.jpg

Edited by bald28

Below few shots of the situation now. I'm pretty ok with what i've got on top but crown look bare. Not as easy to notice as i've grown my hair for prob 18mo, hides a fair bit of the crown area. 2nd pictures taken with very wet hair, 1st much dryer but still bit wet.

Question:

I'm not sure yet whether i should go for FUT or FUE. I want to be able to get as much hair as possible given I'm Norwood 7. I understand FUE is much more common now though.

Any advice is much appreciated.

5b32f5a4b1785_IMG_8506(2).jpg.02d94314bb400dbb43b6916ca8b9aa4e.jpg

5b32f5a4d9122_IMG_8495(2).thumb.jpg.5b5d5918a3ceb5f6868e11ce27bb1867.jpg

Edited by bald28

Considering your losses and desire to maximise your donor definitely go for FUT. Still don't think there are any better choices out there for high norwoods than Hasson + Wong if you're happy to do FUT. Look into Bisanga as well. You can always hit it with an FUE down the track.

Simple. You already have a scar. Do another max FUT and see what you see 12-18 months after surgery.

If you really have good density have another FUT from the 'safe' zone and max it out. You might want to concentrate on the frontal 1/3rd to 2/5th's of your scalp since you'll never be able to completely fill in your crown.

It looks like you had good 'frontal band' pre-surgery #1 - I would pack tightly behind that so if wearing hair long or medium you get more coverage going back from the 2nd half of your head to your crown.

Then use remainder in crown to give tighten up your 'whorl.'

Good luck!

Thanks for the replies.

So Hasson+Wong and Bisanga are the best at FUT?

Happy to go anywhere really but like most people here price is also a factor.

Went to Dr Path for my first one as he used to be regarded as one of the best. It's not the case anymore?

Thanks again.

I'm not sure that you're actually a NW7 as your sides are still high and look solid. You're thinning downwards from the crown at the back but that fits within balding patterns lower than a 7 on the Norwood scale. Which is not to say that a NW7 pattern isn't emerging.

Is your crown your main concern and the area you're looking to address with a second surgery? If you are destined to be a Norwood 7, it might not be a good idea to use grafts on the crown. True Norwood 7s don't tend to have enough grafts available in total to cover the entire balding area to a satisfying density.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Thanks for your replies. Makes a lot of sense. Now time to choose a surgeon. Probably the hardest decision. I had a very good experience the first time with Dr Pathomvanich but can't see him being recommended anymore here so it's freaking me out a bit now...

There doesn't seem to be as many of his results around lately and I have seen a few mediocre yields and bad scars. Bisanga for example has much more of a presence on the forums and regularly visible results, very cheap prices for FUT (3 euro first 1000 grafts, then 2 Euro) and has been very consistent as of late apart from a few FUE cases I have seen lately.

Hasson + Wong remain a premier global FUT team, particularly with larger sessions.

Considering your losses and desire to maximise your donor definitely go for FUT. Still don't think there are any better choices out there for high norwoods than Hasson + Wong if you're happy to do FUT. Look into Bisanga as well. You can always hit it with an FUE down the track.

Would you say Bisanga is better than Feriduni for FUT?

Background:

Norwood 7 - Starting Noticing hairloss since 18.

MEDICATIONS & CONCEALERS: None. Tried 10 years ago but gave up. Not for me.

HT:

Underwent a HT with Dr. Damkerng Pathomvanich on 5/01/12

I received 4163 grafts / 11515 hairs

# 1 hair grafts: 296

# 2 or 3 hair grafts: 3091

# 4 to 5 hair grafts: 776

On the day after the HT Dr Path told me i had dense hair and decent flex so could consider second HT down the track.

Photos 2,3,4,6 are Pre1st HT and just Post.

How old are you?

Would you say Bisanga is better than Feriduni for FUT?

Personal preference. I'm not seeing as many posted Feriduni results online lately especially for FUT, his waiting list is longer and his prices quite a bit higher, but none of those are particularly legitimate strikes against him.

Specific camera and lighting setups from each clinics can make it very hard to judge accurately between what are clearly top end results, but I think I prefer Feriduni's FUT work just by a tad. In saying that, I would probably opt for Bisanga on the reasons above, especially as he has a more active presence on the forums recently and from patients posting.

Personal preference. I'm not seeing as many posted Feriduni results online lately especially for FUT, his waiting list is longer and his prices quite a bit higher, but none of those are particularly legitimate strikes against him.

Specific camera and lighting setups from each clinics can make it very hard to judge accurately between what are clearly top end results, but I think I prefer Feriduni's FUT work just by a tad. In saying that, I would probably opt for Bisanga on the reasons above, especially as he has a more active presence on the forums recently and from patients posting.

Interesting. Thanks.

I actually don't mind waiting if I am waiting for quality but just a consultation is going to be an 11 month wait and I don't want to have surgery without a consultation. I really like his hairlines and everybody, from patients to other doctors, recommends him so I think I should have a consultation before diving into this. Funnily enough, if I wanted surgery without a consultation, I could have that in March.

Bisanga is on my shortlist and I will be visiting him and a few of the other Belgium based doctors in October/November. Big decision, don't want to rush into it.