Body hair transplantation to temples?

Hi guys,

what do you guys think about using body hair to transplant into temples? I just want to bring my temples forward a bit and better define it. I do not want to use scalp donor as i want to preserve it for now.

I got great facial hair and body hairs as well. I think 600 grafts (300 on each temple) would be suffficient. I understand that body hairs do not grow as long as scalp hair. I dont think length is required. Because naturally you'd see people with baby hairs along temples anyway. Plus Doctor Umar used body hair to do this patient. Check out his temples.

Finding a recommended BHT clinic that is well priced wont be hard. Tejinder Bhatti in india does it. Will cost me around $2100 AUD which is not much. Plus best part is preserving my scalp donor.

I think it will be low risk procedure for me.

Just wanted to get some more opinions from you guys. Has anyone done BHT to further add to their already transplanted areas?

Thanks

Body hair is not recommended for the hairline as it does not have the same cosmetic appearance as scalp hair. Scalp hair should be used on the front hairline & body hair can be used to fill in gaps further back into the scalp.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

I can understand wanting to preserve scalp donor, but IMO body hair is best left as a supply to use in cases where scalp donor has run out.

Suitability of body hair varies from person to person. My body hair is vastly different to my scalp hair in colour, thickness and texture, but I realise that this isn't always the case.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

In such a high visual impact area such as the temporal lobes and hairline, I would definitely stick with scalp donor.

BH is more suitable for low impact areas, scar repair, last resort.

Ask yourself this, if the BH in your temple/hairline area does not grow right or has noticeable visual incompatibility, how will you feel?....and more importantly, how will you resolve it?

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Thanks for the input guys.

I can understand wanting to preserve scalp donor, but IMO body hair is best left as a supply to use in cases where scalp donor has run out.

Suitability of body hair varies from person to person. My body hair is vastly different to my scalp hair in colour, thickness and texture, but I realise that this isn't always the case.

I have dark hair all over my body and scalp, face.

My chest hair greatly matches (thickness, texture, and colour) my facial hair and scalp hair. Hair on arms and legs are definitely more on the curly end.

I guess the main cases of where BHT was used on temples is Doctor Umar's patients. I think the results turned out pretty good.

The characteristics of BH can change when its moved to the scalp...I have seen it all too often.

Keep in mind you are seeing the best examples of BH which are not representative of the overall patient results of those who have BH procedures.

Not saying that you are going to have poor BH results but why risk it when scalp donor is so much more promising and available?

Gillenator

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Generally speaking, body hair is best used to add density in the crown area. I understand your reasoning on a certain level, but I think it's a bit misguided. As gillenator said, I wouldn't risk having unsatisfactory results with BH when you could use a relatively small number of scalp hair with much better odds of a satisfying result.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

The characteristics of BH can change when its moved to the scalp...I have seen it all too often.

Keep in mind you are seeing the best examples of BH which are not representative of the overall patient results of those who have BH procedures.

Not saying that you are going to have poor BH results but why risk it when scalp donor is so much more promising and available?

oh the characteristics change...then that is a concern and the risks not worth it then.

Can you provide some pictures of where a patient did not get a satisfying BHT result.

Thanks for the info

• 3 weeks later...

Mattj is right,

However, in my case, I was butchered 4 times by 2 different doctors. Dr. Umar restored my temples using chest and beard hair because I was donor depleted. I am having my second round with him in October to complete my hair loss journey. If only I had known of him in retrospect. He literally saved me by using my body hair. One can only imagine what he would have been able to do with a fully intact donor

Hope this helps.

About my hair loss journey: Happy Patient's Blog

Mattj is right,

However, in my case, I was butchered 4 times by 2 different doctors. Dr. Umar restored my temples using chest and beard hair because I was donor depleted. I am having my second round with him in October to complete my hair loss journey. If only I had known of him in retrospect. He literally saved me by using my body hair. One can only imagine what he would have been able to do with a fully intact donor

Hope this helps.

About my hair loss journey: Happy Patient's Blog

I just had a read of your blog and looked and the photos and video. Huge difference before and after. Do you notice any difference in the texture and thickness of the transplanted beard and body hairs, compared to scalp hairs? Gillenator mentioned that the characteristics of the hair can change and that's something I've heard about but not really seen.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

When the scalp donor is depleted, that's when BH becomes the only other source.

Gillenator