People who have shaved head after FUE

Has anyone razor (bic) shaved their head after an FUE procedure? We always hear the horror stories of FUE scarring. Has anyone successfully had an FUE without any visible scarring upon shaving? I've heard success stories from old forum posts, but have never seen anything.

I don't mean going down to a 0 guard. I mean a complete razor shave.

I had to go thru chemo about a year after my 1500 FUE. I lost all my hair. Couldn't see a thing. I was stunned.

Sorry to hear you had to go through chemo BadBeat. I hope you're doing better these days.

Do you happen to have any pictures of the area you could share? If you don't want to, thats totally understandable.

Just curious: Have you already had a HT and are interested in doing this? Or are you considering a HT and wondering if you'll be able to do this afterwards? If it's the latter and you haven't had a HT yet and you like the way you look with a completely shaved head, I would forgo the HT altogether and save yourself the stress and the money of pursuing hair restoration and just commit to the shaved look. Any procedure comes with risks and there's never a guarantee about how your scalp will heal, so your safest bet would be to leave well enough alone if you think you could be happy with a bald head. :)

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

Just curious: Have you already had a HT and are interested in doing this? Or are you considering a HT and wondering if you'll be able to do this afterwards? If it's the latter and you haven't had a HT yet and you like the way you look with a completely shaved head, I would forgo the HT altogether and save yourself the stress and the money of pursuing hair restoration and just commit to the shaved look. Any procedure comes with risks and there's never a guarantee about how your scalp will heal, so your safest bet would be to leave well enough alone if you think you could be happy with a bald head. :)

Please check your PM!

I have had an HT done already. I decided to shave my head today and i see lots of gaps where the follicles used to be.

They are not hypopigmented. They are gaps where the follicles have been removed.

I'm one month post-op. Does it get better over time (i.e. scar contracts)? Or does what i see at one month post op = my final result?

Thanks

• 1 month later...

I'm now at 2 months post-op.

I'm starting to really worry. I still have huge gaps in my donor area, and the hair is at a reasonable length (1-2 guard)

I took a look at immediate post-op pics, and compared to my hair today after a haircut. I'm worried that my doctor did not warn me that I was a low-density patient. Please look at the pictures attached. They took 3 FUs (circles in blue) and the corresponding area is now bald and devoid of any hair, leaving a huge gap. Am I freaking out for no reason, or am I on to something?

I have coarse black hair, but i'm not sure if my density was actually good or not, and I was never warned.

Everyone has told me that at 2 months, its still early and I can't tell how it will look. But i have several of these gaps in my hair now, and even at a reasonable length cut, it looks bit gaps. I'm losing hope and am hoping that someone has some positive insight.

hair2.jpg.d2af056aebd9d6f440f9f198bd6ac5eb.jpg

hair1.jpg.a08c81326a3bcef13b906f82053b9df7.jpg

Has anyone razor (bic) shaved their head after an FUE procedure? We always hear the horror stories of FUE scarring. Has anyone successfully had an FUE without any visible scarring upon shaving? I've heard success stories from old forum posts, but have never seen anything.

I don't mean going down to a 0 guard. I mean a complete razor shave.

there is no such thing as a HT surgery (FUE or FUT) without scarring - the degree of scarring or ability to visibly notice it to the naked eye may be the difference - yes if you shave your head to a 1 or 2 guard or worst yet, bic shave your head, FUE scarring will be evident, that's a fact you should have been aware of before having surgery

there is no such thing as a HT surgery (FUE or FUT) without scarring - the degree of scarring or ability to visibly notice it to the naked eye may be the difference - yes if you shave your head to a 1 or 2 guard or worst yet, bic shave your head, FUE scarring will be evident, that's a fact you should have been aware of before having surgery

My doctor ensured me multiple times that this would not be an issue. But clearly, it has become one.

Is my analysis of the picture correct, or am I over-reacting here? The extraction points just seem to line up with my bald spots now. My density doesn't look great either but was never ever told this.