Best hair cut/style for low density

frankdatank

I am about 7.5 months post HT and suffering from low density in the front. What is the best hair style to aid in appearance? Long hair vs short hair? Combing it forward is not good. Best I have found it a combination of up and forward behind the hair line.

It would have been better to go a little bit higher, I agree, but it still looks natural at this point. And honestly, I am surprised that it turned out this good after looking at your post op photos in a previous thread. You definitely got a low density transplant.

I think it looks fine.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Thank you both for the feedback. I plan to go back in to address some weak areas in addition to the density.

Based on your experience, does short hair or longer typically look better?

I think there is a sweet spot for length based on your hair style. Generally, I think it is about the length you have it, or a little longer. side part also help for some.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

There's definitely a sweet spot there somewhere, but it's probably a little different for everyone. Play around with different styles and see what works for you. Before my hair transplant, I had mastered the art of concealing my receding hairline and had about a 2 week window with my haircuts to be able to properly hide it.

The dry look may work well for you too. Put a paste or volumizing product in your hair and blow-dry it and see if this helps at all.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

I was pretty bald and I always knew from the onset that my HT was not going to give me high density - the illusion of adequate coverage for acceptable to me. I found that the best hairstyle is typically found when you're layering the hair - either pushing it straight back or a side part. Length is trickier as you'll have to find what works best for you, but as others have stated, there definitely is a sweet spot for the right length as well. I don't find getting really short hair cuts helps with the illusion of density except for the style to grow in better over time.

• 2 weeks later...