Bodybuilding supplements after FUE hair transplant

Hi everyone,

So I had a FUE hair transplant 4 days ago (07/03/2017) and I am just wondering if anyone has any idea when I can start taking my bodybuilding supplements again. I only take whey protein isolate, BCAAs, C4 Preworkout and Creatine.

I know that I can return to the gym and lift heavy after 2 weeks post-op but I would like to take these supplements to maintain my muscle mass through this healing process.

Does anyone have any experiences with this topic?

Thank you!

If you're not working out you don't need the preworkout, and c4s a crap preworkout anyway :P

but all the rest should be good to go but just to be safe, check with your doctor. I don't use creatine but my doc cleared me for getting back to my normal protein intake and vitamin regimen

If you're not working out you don't need the preworkout, and c4s a crap preworkout anyway :P

but all the rest should be good to go but just to be safe, check with your doctor. I don't use creatine but my doc cleared me for getting back to my normal protein intake and vitamin regimen

Hi, thank you for your response! Yeah for now until I get back into the gym I'm just concerned with whether I can take BCAAs and Whey Isolate. From your response it should be fine for me to take these 2? My doctor told me to return to the gym and supplements 2 weeks post op but I don't see why I can't take BCAAs and whey now

always good to double check with your doc, just to be safe.... but neither are anything that should cause stress to the body or to the hair transplant so I can't see why they wouldn't be okay. Both are already in your food anyway just more concentrated in supp form

I'd avoid creatine just in general. Definitely feel it accelerated my loss at the time and I've heard many other anecdotal reports that its increased shedding, sped up loss etc

It is def a controversial subject whether it causes/contributes to MPB though.

Here is the lone study that put me off it for good: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19741313

Keep in mind those are real high doses, but if you have aggressive hairloss I still wouldn't mess with it.

I'd avoid creatine just in general. Definitely feel it accelerated my loss at the time and I've heard many other anecdotal reports that its increased shedding, sped up loss etc

It is def a controversial subject whether it causes/contributes to MPB though.

Here is the lone study that put me off it for good: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19741313

Keep in mind those are real high doses, but if you have aggressive hairloss I still wouldn't mess with it.

Yeah I recently read a lot about creatine accelerating hairloss since it apparently raises DHT. Did it accelarate your loss by a lot? Very controversial and I am very interested to hear about what others have to say about this. How about BCAAs and whey? Do you think I can start to take them now? (5 days post op). Here is the link to my thread where I post the progress of my procedure so you can see where I am.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/187394-2215-grafts-dr-diep-23-years-old-turning-24-a.html

Whey and BCAAs should be 100% fine, but creatine is a no-go.

Did you have a negative experience with Creatine as well? I only take 5g per day. IF i decide to take it, how long post op do you think I can?

It's one of those things where you gotta ask yourself is it really worth the risk? I'm not sure if 5g daily would really have much of an impact, but considering you are young, had significant loss and got an HT, and are not even on finasteride, I wouldn't even touch it if it was just a couple grams in your preworkout.

I have heard way too many anecdotal stories including my own about it having negative hair effects.

Just stick to the whey and BCAAs bro! If you feel like you need a boost look into peptides/sarms (or even certain gear that is hair safe to use while on fin).