Driving after a HT

Hi all

If anyone who has had a HT could give me their opinion.

I’m having a two day FUE then flying back straight after the first wash, it’s a four-hour flight, on landing do you think it would be safe to drive home for a 1.5-hour journey?

You should be able to drive after your surgery, but personally I advise all patients to relax and do nothing the day after surgery. Worse case scenario, there are many things that can happen during your described journey, some out of your control. You will also be tired and in some discomfort which could expose you to more risks.

As with most patients you would have researched, planned, saved up, taken time out for the surgery so why not just take that extra day to chill out. Why take the risk?

• 2 weeks later...

I did drive after all and felt fine to drive, I was maybe a little weary but this did not affect my ability to drive.

I think Shera makes a good point that if you had a long flight coupled with being unfortunate and having lengthy delays at the airport, driving might not be the best idea.

• 1 year later...

As it's already said there's nothing to worry about in your situation. And that's good that you concern about driving safety. There are so many things to take into account even beyond procedures. For instance, did you know that there are driving seats for dogs https://bestcarseathub.com/finest-dog-vehicle-seats/? After this article I decided to get one for my good boi

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Wassermann said:

As it's already said there's nothing to worry about in your situation. And that's good that you concern about driving safety. There are so many things to take into account even beyond procedures. For instance, did you know that there are driving seats for dogs https://bestcarseathub.com/finest-dog-vehicle-seats/? After this article I decided to get one for my good boi

He actually drove home nearly 2 years ago 😀 but I love your opportunism 😀😀

On 6/10/2017 at 9:27 PM, bloodshoteyes said:

Hi jackmatz

That’s my worry just didn’t want to be a danger to myself or anyone else!

Hey mate. Dont drive yourself. Imagine a puncture tyre or for some reason car breaks down . Not worth the risk.