Dr Parsa Mohebi - 3000 grafts (FUE)

I had my hair transplant with Dr. Mohebi in September of 2016 and I would like to share my HT experience.

I'm in my early 30's and have been losing my hair since I was 22. I have been told that I am Norwood 6. I had consulted with several hair transplant surgeons prior to coming to the Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration. Dr. Mohebi has a tremendous amount of experience under his belt and has been producing consistent results over an extended period of time. His knowledge about hair restoration is impeccable. He has developed several techniques/methods that increase the accuracy and efficiency of hair restoration. He is extremely humble yet confident and down-to-earth every time I had the chance to talk to him. He kept my expectations realistic and did not over promise like other doctors I have talked to. After the initial consultation, I decided Dr. Mohebi was the one I wanted to entrust with my hair transplant procedure.

On the day of the procedure, I checked-in around 8.00am at the clinic. I was asked to fill up some forms while I waited for Dr. Mohebi. The design phase began with Dr. Mohebi & me. He drew the hair line and asked to check in the mirror to see if I was happy. With just a few minor changes we all came to a place that looked like what I wanted. Then some photos were taken with the drawings on the scalp and then I was taken to the surgical room for the actual procedure. The procedure wasn't very uncomfortable. The local anesthetic injections were the worst part of the procedure. After the injections, I didn't fill any anything. Dr. Mohebi made all of the incisions in the recipient area and he also did part of the extractions himself. He was involved with pretty much each and every step of the procedure. Dr. Mohebi and his highly experienced technicians worked tirelessly throughout the entire procedure and were checking my vitals, asked me if I'm comfortable, or if I had any pain during the whole process. The entire experience was nothing short of exceptional and perfect in every way. I could not be happier with the results so far. Everything looks completely natural.

I would highly recommend Dr. Mohebi to anyone that is interested in getting a hair restoration procedure.

front.thumb.jpg.d68401484aa194012eacea593f223ec6.jpg

side.thumb.jpg.5f2aee8f877b701f541fb3af19f31067.jpg

top.thumb.jpg.87e786105c261a23a7ddcc551474f138.jpg

back.thumb.jpg.caf1ce1948c9b86421c92a837d7518a0.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
I had my hair transplant with Dr. Mohebi in September of 2016 and I would like to share my HT experience.

I'm in my early 30's and have been losing my hair since I was 22. I have been told that I am Norwood 6. I had consulted with several hair transplant surgeons prior to coming to the Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration. Dr. Mohebi has a tremendous amount of experience under his belt and has been producing consistent results over an extended period of time. His knowledge about hair restoration is impeccable. He has developed several techniques/methods that increase the accuracy and efficiency of hair restoration. He is extremely humble yet confident and down-to-earth every time I had the chance to talk to him. He kept my expectations realistic and did not over promise like other doctors I have talked to. After the initial consultation, I decided Dr. Mohebi was the one I wanted to entrust with my hair transplant procedure.

On the day of the procedure, I checked-in around 8.00am at the clinic. I was asked to fill up some forms while I waited for Dr. Mohebi. The design phase began with Dr. Mohebi & me. He drew the hair line and asked to check in the mirror to see if I was happy. With just a few minor changes we all came to a place that looked like what I wanted. Then some photos were taken with the drawings on the scalp and then I was taken to the surgical room for the actual procedure. The procedure wasn't very uncomfortable. The local anesthetic injections were the worst part of the procedure. After the injections, I didn't fill any anything. Dr. Mohebi made all of the incisions in the recipient area and he also did part of the extractions himself. He was involved with pretty much each and every step of the procedure. Dr. Mohebi and his highly experienced technicians worked tirelessly throughout the entire procedure and were checking my vitals, asked me if I'm comfortable, or if I had any pain during the whole process. The entire experience was nothing short of exceptional and perfect in every way. I could not be happier with the results so far. Everything looks completely natural.

I would highly recommend Dr. Mohebi to anyone that is interested in getting a hair restoration procedure.

That's an incredible result! I just got my HT done with Dr. Mohebi about a week ago and I'm hoping to have similar success. What meds are you on?

PS. Also, everyone talks about the anesthesia being the worst part. I agree that part was bad but I felt equally as bad was laying down on my stomach with my forehead pushing up against the chair for hours that was the most uncomfortable. Before my HT, while I was doing my research, everyone talked about how nice and painless the proecedure is, so that's what I was expecting. I was almost expecting it to be like a plane ride. You watch a couple of movies and before you know it, you're there. However, I'd like to just say something to lower people's expectations so they're not thrown off like I was. The procedure is nice and easy, but it certainly isn't painless and fun. It's about as nice as it could be for four people poking holes in your head. There are parts that hurt or are uncomfortable and you just gotta suck it up for the end result. Just my two cents for anyone reading.

Yeah looks a good result no doubt. Do you plan to address the crown in the future? Did the doc say how many grafts you have remaining?

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

That's an incredible result! I just got my HT done with Dr. Mohebi about a week ago and I'm hoping to have similar success. What meds are you on?

PS. Also, everyone talks about the anesthesia being the worst part. I agree that part was bad but I felt equally as bad was laying down on my stomach with my forehead pushing up against the chair for hours that was the most uncomfortable. Before my HT, while I was doing my research, everyone talked about how nice and painless the proecedure is, so that's what I was expecting. I was almost expecting it to be like a plane ride. You watch a couple of movies and before you know it, you're there. However, I'd like to just say something to lower people's expectations so they're not thrown off like I was. The procedure is nice and easy, but it certainly isn't painless and fun. It's about as nice as it could be for four people poking holes in your head. There are parts that hurt or are uncomfortable and you just gotta suck it up for the end result. Just my two cents for anyone reading.

Thank you. I'm not taking any meds. I started using Rogaine after the HT. You are right about the laying down on the stomach part. I did ask them to stop every 30mins or so. So, I could lift my head and relax for few seconds. I felt anesthetic injections were the worst. I just had another procedure last week. This time, they gave me nitrous oxide (laughing gas) during the injections. I was high, didn't feel a thing.

Congratulations on your procedure and best of luck!!

Yeah looks a good result no doubt. Do you plan to address the crown in the future? Did the doc say how many grafts you have remaining?

Thanks! I just had another procedure done by him last week. He placed a little over 2000 grafts to cover the crown area.

Congrats! Your hair is looking great from the front. Can't wait to see the results of your crown procedure. Please keep us updated on your progress.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Thanks! I just had another procedure done by him last week. He placed a little over 2000 grafts to cover the crown area.

Looking forward to seeing that progressing then. Happy growing:)

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

• 2 months later...

Hi there -

I stumbled across this thread while doing some research into Dr. Mohebi.

I'm considering having a small FUE procedure done by Dr. Mohebi, but I'm concerned about the potential scarring and hypopigmentation that FUE can sometimes leave behind.

Have you noticed any sort of scarring / discoloration in your donor area after your FUE procedure? I understand that some of this is to be expected, but I'm just curious to what extent it's noticeable.

Any insight would be much appreciated!

I got 2000 FUE with Mohebi in May and I second that the worst part was the forehead against the chair. I wrote about that in my post, you can see that here if you want:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/187106-2000-fue-dr-mohebi-31yo.html

Your result looks great, nice to hear you had leftover to work on the crown. I for cannot wait to get my second procedure and fill in behind my hairline and some crown.

@alxrbt - Unless you plan to shave your head down completely, you will never see those scars.

@HairThereAndEverywhere - Good to know! Those donor extraction sites you posted on your thread look pretty small. I imagine that even if you did shave down completely, those extraction spots would be relatively hard to see? I like to get my hair cut very short in the back, although not completely bald. Anyways, happy growing!

• 2 weeks later...
Hi there -

I stumbled across this thread while doing some research into Dr. Mohebi.

I'm considering having a small FUE procedure done by Dr. Mohebi, but I'm concerned about the potential scarring and hypopigmentation that FUE can sometimes leave behind.

Have you noticed any sort of scarring / discoloration in your donor area after your FUE procedure? I understand that some of this is to be expected, but I'm just curious to what extent it's noticeable.

Any insight would be much appreciated!

Dr. Mohebi uses a considerably small punch, so any scarring that is there is going to be minimal. Keeping the donor area out of the sun for the first 6 months while it's healing will also help minimize it, as sun exposure plays a huge role in how our skin heals. I've been very fortunate in that I've shaved my head down to as short as a 2 recently and I nor the barber can see any signs of the 2,000 little dots I had poked in the back of my head. :cool:

To the OP, so happy to hear of your positive experience with Dr. Mohebi and I look forward to seeing the crown results. Maybe I'll see you around the office one day if you come in to show off at an Open House. :)

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56