Lawsuit and Experience with Virginia Surgical Center

9 minutes ago, Pbaird98 said:

So pleased you arrived here before surgery day. Most of the time people arrive too late and then its the more expensive repair route.

Exactly what Pbaird days here. Seriously man, you dodged a bullet no question. You'll be able to find a good option to suit your needs and budget and get quality work. The procedure is the deal, period full stop. So stuff around that, travel... a wait list... research and more research... it's all worth it. 

• Like 3
  • Angry 1

@Michael D I gladly paid a hell of a-lot more than that, and yes it’s a lot of money but after doing all kinds of research I made a decision on the doctor of my choice based on her patient posted results and she was worth every penny, my point is the money became secondary, as results will last a lifetime! Yes budgets are budgets, if you have to you wait and save, either way you need to deep dive this forum and research more Doctors. 

• Like 3

@Michael D with all due respect I think you have ALOT to learn about what this surgery actually entails, the industry, and the different tiers of doctors available

I must say - again respectfully, that it's perplexing to me you are so at ease with having surgery 1 week from now and you don't even know the name of the doctor. Even if I knew zilch about hair transplants, I would still need to know the name of the doctor who is performing surgery. 

Perhaps you underestimate the impact of hair transplants, and do not respect or are aware of the terrible consequences if you are botched. 

A few other notes:

-hopefully you can recoup the $1k you paid for the loan, but if not, just forget about it. If it makes you feel better, frame it as if you are paying $1000 to avoid being botched and disfigured. 

-I don't think 2k is enough grafts for the front

-Never choose a doctor based on location. Outside of going to Turkey, this is the #1 way to get botched!

-while you clearly have significant hairloss, I think it looks age-appropriate and honestly doesn't look "bad" or anything. If you were to walk by me in public, I wouldn't give your appearance a second's thought

-Perhaps a good doctor is outside of your budget, and if so there is nothing wrong with that. Use meds, use Rogaine, use Toppik, wear a wig if you have to. But getting a cheap HT and getting botched will make your life 10x worse than just living with natural male pattern baldness. 

-The multiple repair surgeries needed to fix a botch job will cost way more than your initial surgery. 

Edited by HappyMan2021
  • Like 6

Also here's the thing... at 5600 you could travel overseas to a solid results based doc and get more grafts and a better result. Dr Gur and Dr Turan in Turkey...  Eugenix in India... just to name a few options. There are more. These affordable options can fall into  your budget. All in, flight included. So scope around this forum and see what's what. The 1k loss sucks... but ultimately the alternative is much more of a drag.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ray35 said:

Also here's the thing... at 5600 you could travel overseas to a solid results based doc and get more grafts and a better result. Dr Gur and Dr Turan in Turkey...  Eugenix in India... just to name a few options. There are more. These affordable options can fall into  your budget. All in, flight included. So scope around this forum and see what's what. The 1k loss sucks... but ultimately the alternative is much more of a drag.

Yeh for sure, some of the best options in Europe would be within reach if it was say 2.5k worth of grafts. Its going to be more than 2k to reinforce the whole frontal third… 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Michael D said:

It does kinda seem that I am less important now that we have a date and they got the money from the loan company. Reading another post, there is no DR mentioned on the website. A day or 2 ago I asked Danielle who would be the DR and the techs and no reply. Maybe my timing is bad? Also, I got a text message from Carol about calling her today. She answered the phone and was mad at me for calling. She was really upset, then caught herself, and became polite. She said that was the other day and that the text was a mistake. I agreed because I do not want anyone mad at me. The text was sent today. There was no mistake. Maybe with the computer stuff they are using?

Some of what I am seeing, after the money was approved, is similar to some of the bad reviews they have. Bad reviews about their customer service etc.

I am really considering calling the loan company Monday.

Do it as soon as you can, online chat if thats possible. These kind of people are only interested in being nice when reeling people in, a decent clinic will offer good service at all times. 

Edited by Pbaird98

On 12/17/2022 at 9:28 PM, Pbaird98 said:

Without knowing the loan/deposit arrangement its possible you may get all or most of the money back. At worst write it off as money that actually saves you in the future.

Edited by Michael D
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Michael D said:

Got to wait until Monday to call loan company. I did call and got the voicemail.

I am still wishing in the back of my head that I would get a good procedure done this Wed. at the doctors office. The odds seem to be against it???

How can they stay in business if all of their work is bad? How can they keep the offices open?

They really dont seem to care. I have text messaged Danielle many times and no response.

I cant be the first one to be concerned, with them having all the bad publicity.

Doesnt make sense.

Same reason that most stay in business, they get away with it. Even after law suits etc then places are able to still continue @Oxiborickthread demonstrates this. Look at @Sanjar41case, its the same shower. 
They can clamp down on poor reviews and get them removed a lot of the time. 

On 12/17/2022 at 10:50 PM, Pbaird98 said:

Same reason that most stay in business, they get away with it. Even after law suits etc then places are able to still continue @Oxiborickthread demonstrates this. Look at @Sanjar41case, its the same shower. 
They can clamp down on poor reviews and get them removed a lot of the time. 

Edited by Michael D

Just now, Michael D said:

They WILL NOT be able to remove MY review if it is a bad one. I hope it is a GOOD review, just saying. I still may cancel. I am glad I came here.  Glad We had this discussion. My gut feeling was kinda saying the same thing, before coming here.

I may still have the surgery done. I just don't know right now. It is leaning more towards canceling. It is just a couple more days, and I've been planning, and thinking about this. Preparing the pre op stuff, and the post op stuff. I've told the office to not schedule any work for the next couple of weeks.

If I do this, I Hope I dont get botched up.

Of course its entirely you're call, but just think of the most likely scenario, which will be poor work and then a expensive subsequent repair. So many here wish they came to the forum before choosing a particular Dr/Clinic.

You can cancel at anytime, just give it some serious thought, you came here with doubts and hopefully we have at least ensured you are better informed.  

• Like 2

On 12/18/2022 at 4:40 PM, shiba1985 said:

Dude ur after so many people, with no bone in the game, advising you clearly to cancel the procedure. 

If you go through with it, you deserve everything you get.

I hope you come to your senses.

Edited by Michael D
  • Wow 1
  • Face Palm 1

I don’t want anyone to get a sh*t transplant, but dude this is going to end up poorly, we have all laid out our concerns and you are choosing to still go ahead? I think that’s crazy, but it’s you’re choice at the end of the day.

The forum can’t prevent any poor work, but we sure can pre warn when people arrive here for advice.

If they do something wrong then you wouldn’t even want to go back to the same place, they definitely won’t be the people to fix anything. 
You think you can keep track of how many grafts? That won’t happen, you simply won’t be able too. Besides even If it was 2000 grafts this isn’t enough to totally address the frontal third. Imagine the most likely scenario again, they will try taking more grafts than needed (think transection) what’s worse is poorly designed hairlines/ poor angles/poor technique. You’re donor area will be compromised and being a finite supply will give you less for the subsequent repair procedure. 
We have not seen even a half decent result from these, just sub par work across the board. 
Im not even going overboard here, just speaking facts from what we have seen and learned from previous posters. 
With hair transplants being quite the art to get right then yeh of course even the worlds elite have misses for various reasons, but it’s a rarity, in this clinics case it’s the total norm. Nobody can stop you, but we have at least tried to give you a wake up call. If you choose not to listen then yeh it’s on you. By all means though if/when you post the result please start a new thread, and be prepared for some honest feedback. 

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Pbaird98 said:

I don’t want anyone to get a sh*t transplant, but dude this is going to end up poorly, we have all laid out our concerns and you are choosing to still go ahead? I think that’s crazy, but it’s you’re choice at the end of the day.

The forum can’t prevent any poor work, but we sure can pre warn when people arrive here for advice.

If they do something wrong then you wouldn’t even want to go back to the same place, they definitely won’t be the people to fix anything. 
You think you can keep track of how many grafts? That won’t happen, you simply won’t be able too. Besides even If it was 2000 grafts this isn’t enough to totally address the frontal third. Imagine the most likely scenario again, they will try taking more grafts than needed (think transection) what’s worse is poorly designed hairlines/ poor angles/poor technique. You’re donor area will be compromised and being a finite supply will give you less for the subsequent repair procedure. 
We have not seen even a half decent result from these, just sub par work across the board. 
Im not even going overboard here, just speaking facts from what we have seen and learned from previous posters. 
With hair transplants being quite the art to get right then yeh of course even the worlds elite have misses for various reasons, but it’s a rarity, in this clinics case it’s the total norm. Nobody can stop you, but we have at least tried to give you a wake up call. If you choose not to listen then yeh it’s on you. By all means though if/when you post the result please start a new thread, and be prepared for some honest feedback. 

Edited by Michael D
  • Face Palm 1

• Administrators

Despite all of the red flags you still want to go through with it, something doesn’t compute. You say “they won’t be able to take down my review.” But what does that matter the damage will be done. 

Have you seen any good independent reviews? Not listed on yelp or google, which anyone can write.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

18 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Despite all of the red flags you still want to go through with it, something doesn’t compute. You say “they won’t be able to take down my review.” But what does that matter the damage will be done. 

Have you seen any good independent reviews? Not listed on yelp or google, which anyone can write.

Edited by Michael D