ASMED - FUE 5000 Grafts - 30 years old - April 2017

WillHT

So I'm starting my thread a little early...

I'm scheduled to have a FUE hair transplant with Dr Koray Erdogan at ASMED on 24th April 2017. I've been quoted 5000 grafts over 2 days.

I've suffered from hairloss since my early 20s. I'm now 30 years old and have spent at least 5 years feeling pretty shitty about my hairloss. It has really affected my confidence, I wish I could move past it, but it bothers me waaaay too much! lol. I've spent hours upon hours for far too many years reading 'future treatments' message boards hoping for a new product that would help me recover my hair but ultimately this was a waste of time.

I'm on propecia (2 years) and used hair fibres for a long time, The hair fibres are good but I have overused them and people have commented on the dust on my head! haha! So it doesn't end up looking too great but its better than without.

I intend to keep a log of my transplant journey. Its 3 weeks away and i'm starting to think about it a lot. I'm worried about:

1) travelling to Turkey alone with a large sum of cash and being on my own abroad for 2 weeks

2) Whether I have enough donor hair of sufficient quality/density to achieve the result I want.

3) shaving my head and the immediate appearance upon my return to work/home. Especially the redness.

4) the operation itself. 2 days of people stabbing my head. The discomfort after.

5) the ugly duckling stage

6) Will the transplant be a success or fail

Worry number 6 is the most important in the end.

Despite my worries..... Fuck it I'm doing it!

I just hope that the operation is a success. I have realistic expectations in that when I had a full head of hair I was hardly looking like Brad Pitt and I don't expect the procedure to transform my appearance drastically but I do think it will improve my confidence which is more important.

I'll post some pre-op photos at some point soon and use less words in future posts. Thanks to everybody in the community for the private messages and the people who have documented their own operations, its really helped me decide to take the leap.

Let's see how this goes!

Will

TLDR: I'm a balding 30-something getting a hair transplant in 3 weeks. Kinda crapping my pants right now. I'll man up and post further details later.

Edited by WillHT

I just had 4000 Grafts completed by Asmed 4 days ago. Do you have any pics of the top of your head and of your donor area? I was extremely worried about walking around with the cash on me as well. But it was literally not a problem at all. You are picked up inside the airport by the driver and walked out to the van. Then dropped off at the front door of the hotel, which is in a nice area of Istanbul and is a very nice hotel as well. I was worried about shaving my head and it turns out that it wasn't that big of deal at all. I actually like it shaved haha. But of course I like having my hair back more! I never felt unsafe at all during my whole trip. I made by deposit 3000 euros so I wouldn't have to walk around with as much cash. But honestly it wouldn't of mattered.

All your worries are the same as I had. You'll be fine mate. Look forward to following your journey.

First Transplant: 5000 FUE grafts with Dr Koray Erdogan ASMED, December 2016

First Hair Transplant link: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/185564-5000-grafts-fue-13th-14th-december-asmed-dr-erdogan.html

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Pumpkin Seed Oil 1000mg daily

1% Nizoral shampoo weekly

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

I just had 4000 Grafts completed by Asmed 4 days ago. Do you have any pics of the top of your head and of your donor area? I was extremely worried about walking around with the cash on me as well. But it was literally not a problem at all. You are picked up inside the airport by the driver and walked out to the van. Then dropped off at the front door of the hotel, which is in a nice area of Istanbul and is a very nice hotel as well. I was worried about shaving my head and it turns out that it wasn't that big of deal at all. I actually like it shaved haha. But of course I like having my hair back more! I never felt unsafe at all during my whole trip. I made by deposit 3000 euros so I wouldn't have to walk around with as much cash. But honestly it wouldn't of mattered.

I'll take some on the weekend and post them. Good to know re cash. I still need to sort out a visa is that where i declare Im carrying over 10k? Hopefully my shaved head will look good, if not I'll have to get used it for a few months! Thanks for the support.

Thanks JBlonde and DEBS!!! :)

Bhat - I think I read somewhere you declare if you are carrying over 10K.

I'll take some on the weekend and post them. Good to know re cash. I still need to sort out a visa is that where i declare Im carrying over 10k? Hopefully my shaved head will look good, if not I'll have to get used it for a few months! Thanks for the support.

Thanks JBlonde and DEBS!!! :)

Bhat - I think I read somewhere you declare if you are carrying over 10K.

First of all, good luck with your procedure. I'll be following closely this thread because Asmed is the strongest choice for me at the moment.

One of the questions I have is related to how people managed the 10-15k euros transport so it would be great to have some detailed experiences here :)

• 3 weeks later...

I am feeling ok at the moment. I started shedding the transplanted hairs about 2-3 days ago. It's a bit demoralizing. I think everyone thinks that they are the one that will never shed haha. But it's started to happen for me. It's probably been a few hundred hairs total. I had 4000 transplanted. Also my donor area looks very thin. To the point I am concerned about it. I was told I had 8000 total hairs to be transplanted and they took 4000. So that leaves me with 4000. I just am not sure if I could really afford to take another 4000.

1) travelling to Turkey alone with a large sum of cash and being on my own abroad for 2 weeks

I travelled to turkey with 8k euro, i bought a bumbag and kept it inside my pants. Only time it came off of me was when i made payment after the consultation.

2) Whether I have enough donor hair of sufficient quality/density to achieve the result I want.

Send one of the co-ordinators your donor region and they will give you a rough estimation

3) I went to work 7 days post op, no one could tell that i had a hair transplant. 2nd month post op now 80 percent of the hair has fallen.

4) You are under anesthetic it's not that painful, but, you need to be mentally and physically prepared for 2 exhausting days 2x7 hours. The most pain i experienced was post op in my donor region from days 2-8 and needed heavy medication for painkillers to be able to sleep.

5) Embrace the ugly duckling stage, because it will be the last time you experience it.

6) You need to do your research, to evaluate whether or not it will be a success or failure. I can confirm that ASMED do not have 1 negative or unsuccessful review on the internet if that eases your mind.

Good luck.

Hi all,

So I had the procedure 3 days ago. I'm still in Turkey so can't access my laptop to post photos and other stats until I return next week.

I ended up with 4600 grafts as my skin was apparently quite tough! I was assured that it shouldn't impact on the final result. I'm having trouble sleeping at the night and there is a little soreness. Overall a great experience and everybody at Asmed are so friendly and professional. I'll start a new forum thread with op photos when I'm back from Turkey in 1.5 weeks.

Keltharan- re carrying large sums of cash. I was worried about it too but I kept it inside a moneybelt and had no questions at the airport either side and Asmed take you straight to the clinic where you pay, so it honestly isn't worth worrying about :)

Will ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, it is going well. I just returned to London this afternoon so I will look to get my photos and details of the whole situation tduring the last couple of weeks up on the forum.

I'm in a good place at the moment, in that I can now sleep most of the night and have minimal pain. Its quite itchy in the donor area and the recipient looks like it has got redder though.

Its been 11 days and I don't have any doubt I made the right decision to go for this procedure. I just hope I get a good result!

Hi, it is going well. I just returned to London this afternoon so I will look to get my photos and details of the whole situation tduring the last couple of weeks up on the forum.

I'm in a good place at the moment, in that I can now sleep most of the night and have minimal pain. Its quite itchy in the donor area and the recipient looks like it has got redder though.

Its been 11 days and I don't have any doubt I made the right decision to go for this procedure. I just hope I get a good result!

I wanna see

• 3 weeks later...