Cancelled FUE treatment with Dr. DIEP

I recently cancelled my treatment with Dr. DIEP since I felt like I haven't done much research and was in no need to rush. I'm 30 years old and want to restore my hairline and I heard Dr. DIEP is a hairline expert. Would appreciste advice on how to do research on hair transplants and what should I look or ask for in a doctor. Would love to hear from any of Dr. Dieps patients. Thank you

20170330_154228.jpg.e2afc0f9ce517b1a266257f45b8f6645.jpg

20170330_154208.jpg.49b9252422f83109f82283906ec7c988.jpg

20170330_154153.jpg.9a1113da5c42b0b3f0f6a3f8fc0307d1.jpg

20170330_154112.jpg.25bdc3d6728ae93d8421404853f08013.jpg

Edited by zona

Zona,

Dr. Diep is an outstanding hair transplant surgeon and his recommended highly on this community. I do understand being thorough and researching all your options before taking the plunge, but you did happen to select a good one. If you want specific advice, I suggest posting some photos of your scalp so that we can see what your current hair situation looks like.

Best wishes,

Bill

Good call on recognizing that this isn't something you should rush into, even though you would've been in great hands. Research a lot of the top surgeons recommended on this forum and try to have in person consultations with at least two more of your top choices. If you can't do in person, do a Skype consultation. This is going to be very informative and will allow you to see the differences/similarities in their individual approaches and recommendations and give you lots of stuff to compare and contrast and bring to the forum for input. You'll also get a good feel for who you "vibe" the best with and who you trust fully with restoring your hair.

Also, find other patients with similar circumstances (hair type, hair loss, projected hair loss, age, etc.) and see how well they fared with each particular surgeon. I believe you'l find that while there are quite a few fantastic surgeons out there who would do a great job with you, exactly which one you choose often comes down to a "gut" decision... Who do you get the best feeling about when meeting with him? Who do you trust? Who are you instinctually drawn to? There's no one size fits all surgeon out there, and once you get all the heavy lifting research out of the way, I believe you'll know which way to go.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

There's no one size fits all surgeon out there, and once you get all the heavy lifting research out of the way, I believe you'll know which way to go.

This is fantastic advice. It's extremely important to do research and to feel comfortable with your choice, but it's also easy to fall victim to decision paralysis and do nothing, searching in vain for a "perfect" surgeon who doesn't exist. Every doctor you see on this forum will have people who like them and people who don't. Ultimately, you're the only person who can decide which one is right for you. Best of luck finding your match!

This is fantastic advice. It's extremely important to do research and to feel comfortable with your choice, but it's also easy to fall victim to decision paralysis and do nothing, searching in vain for a "perfect" surgeon who doesn't exist. Every doctor you see on this forum will have people who like them and people who don't. Ultimately, you're the only person who can decide which one is right for you. Best of luck finding your match!

Exactly. Decision paralysis is a great way to put it and a very real thing. And while I always recommend that people get consultations with several of their top choices before making a final decision, I admittedly didn't do this (even though I think it's best). I did my research, found Dr. Mohebi, and for whatever reason, my instinct said he was the doctor for me. Something about it just "felt right" and I immediately trusted him. I know it's not the most scientific approach, but I've found that at least for me personally, my gut knows how to make the bigger decisions in life better than my head does. (I chose my university, moved to Argentina after college, moved to LA a year later, etc. all in much the same way.) I did my due diligence as far as educating myself and learning what I needed to learn, but then I ultimately just trusted that I "knew" what to do.

Now ask me what movie I wanna watch on a random Friday night, and that's a totally different story. ;)

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

• Administrators

There are plenty of posters who've gone to Dr.Diep, I am one of them, my advice is to research plenty of doctors reach out to patients and go from there, another thing I would recommend is shaving your head, if you shave your head and you like it well than that's your solution, there is always risk involved with surgery no matter who you go to it's important to remember that.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Having a HT procedure is never anything to rush into especially if you feel that more research is necessary. Try to think in terms of evaluating the pros and cons of surgical hair restoration as well as the risks and benefits of the procedure.

And seeing some photos would enable us to provide you with more specific recommendations along with stating your goals and expectations.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Thanks guy!! Appreciate all of you taking time out of your schedule to give my some advice and feedback when you didn't have too. I have taken 4 visits. Dr. Marc Dauer in Beverly Hills, DR. Mohebi, Dr. Ziering, and lastly Dr Diep. They all seem great and they seemed honest except for the Dr. Ziering experience. I never met him and had a consultation with his assistant (red flag) and him saying he had a transplant which I didn't buy. And the fact that his office keeps calling to schedule a date.

So right now I'll probably stick with Dr. DIEP since my hairline is my main issue. But will do my due diligence til then. But if any of you guys have any Fue doctors in mind that I should contact or avoid, please let me know .

Thanks

Having a HT procedure is never anything to rush into especially if you feel that more research is necessary. Try to think in terms of evaluating the pros and cons of surgical hair restoration as well as the risks and benefits of the procedure.

And seeing some photos would enable us to provide you with more specific recommendations along with stating your goals and expectations.

I attached some photos on my first post. Are you guys able to see?

I recently cancelled my treatment with Dr. DIEP since I felt like I haven't done much research and was in no need to rush. I'm 30 years old and want to restore my hairline and I heard Dr. DIEP is a hairline expert. Would appreciste advice on how to do research on hair transplants and what should I look or ask for in a doctor. Would love to hear from any of Dr. Dieps patients. Thank you
Are you on finasteride to help curb future hair loss?

That's step one.

Gains made by a transplant can be in vain without preventative treatments being attempted.

Where do you live regionally? Don't be afraid to travel, I traveled out of state for all three of my procedures.

It's worth it for such a costly and permanent procedure, you need the peace of mind that you went to an elite physician.

That's not to say Diep isn't a sound choice, but it would be advisable to consult with no less than 5 different doctors and compare their consultations before making a decision.

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016

Thanks guy!! Appreciate all of you taking time out of your schedule to give my some advice and feedback when you didn't have too. I have taken 4 visits. Dr. Marc Dauer in Beverly Hills, DR. Mohebi, Dr. Ziering, and lastly Dr Diep. They all seem great and they seemed honest except for the Dr. Ziering experience. I never met him and had a consultation with his assistant (red flag) and him saying he had a transplant which I didn't buy. And the fact that his office keeps calling to schedule a date.

So right now I'll probably stick with Dr. DIEP since my hairline is my main issue. But will do my due diligence til then. But if any of you guys have any Fue doctors in mind that I should contact or avoid, please let me know .

Thanks

Yes, Ziering is a chain clinic like Bosley, his business model and background is straight out of the now defunct Medical Hair Restoration model (remember those infomercials with baseball star Wade Boggs?) I'd avoid such places.

As a rule of thumb, any practice that relies upon celebrity endorsements is to be avoided like the plague, also be skeptical of practices with more than one clinic, they rarely lead to you being the sole patient of the day with sole doctor priority attention.

Yes, Ziering is a chain clinic like Bosley, his business model and background is straight out of the now defunct Medical Hair Restoration model (remember those infomercials with baseball star Wade Boggs?) I'd avoid such places.

As a rule of thumb, any practice that relies upon celebrity endorsements is to be avoided like the plague, also be skeptical of practices with more than one clinic, they rarely lead to you being the sole patient of the day with sole doctor priority attention.

Well worded and truthfully stated. MHR sold out to Bosley and why you don't see their infomercials anymore.

It blows my mind that they keep calling you to schedule a procedure when you have not even met with the doctor!...:eek:

Gillenator

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Well worded and truthfully stated. MHR sold out to Bosley and why you don't see their infomercials anymore.

It blows my mind that they keep calling you to schedule a procedure when you have not even met with the doctor!...:eek:

Bosley is truly unscrupulous with their sales tactics, they'd make a used car salesman blush.

I live in Austin, and through an acquaintance had a coincidental breakfast with strangers a couple of years ago, a truly annoying individual at the table was sitting next to me, and I attempted to play nice and asked him what he did.

He went into immediate sales mode and boasted that he oversaw all regional sales for Bosley in Texas, that all the sales people were trained by him.

I played dumb, and he began to pontificate about hair transplantation and how good ones were undetectable...oblivious that the mildly amused man in front of him had three.

He then pointed to his own hair and beckoned me to touch it, stating it was all implants and you could never tell...I didn't have the heart to tell him that as a veteran of the field I could tell, and he had a thin and mediocre transplant....but it was ironic he was oblivious that my entire frontal third and hairline had been restored by Dr Gabel.

I was told after the breakfast that nobody liked him much, that he was a high school friend that just tagged along for the meal...

And this is the person pushing sales in the second most populous state in the union, home to five of the top fifteen markets in the country...

I was amused the Bosley man couldn't detect my transplant though.

Not surprised by any of it Speegs!...:rolleyes:

Gillenator

Fascinating story, Speegs. Haha. I still get mail all the time from Bosley because I filled out an online questionnaire early on in my research, years ago and before I knew better. So grateful I dodged that bullet.

A well informed patient is invaluable...;)

Gillenator