Me (fin 17 years) vs. My Dad --> see pic!

Ernie

Can you see in the pic below just how similar my Dad and I are? We walk the same, have the same ears, same facial profile, same mannerisms, same features, our arms/legs still look the same as each others, except for his wrinkles. We throw a baseball the same (or did, haha, he's 71yo now!), walk/run the same. Dude, we're like twins separated by 30 years, and by MEDS!! (I take fin, he missed the boat on fin)

What is he, a NW6 or so? 7?

This picture was taken last November 2016, when I was 9 months post-op from my frontal third HT -- my one and only HT thus far, and I'm 41 years old in this pic.

My mid-scalp and crown are untouched, thanks to 17 years and counting on propecia (only the real deal available when I started, and now generic finasteride)

FYI, both my parents fathers were cue balls, lol

---

Anyway, in case people were wondering how well long-term fin works for hairloss (WITHOUT getting into the pros/cons of side effects - i've never had any)

me-dad.jpg.f056a15ddb1ac50f62278511b12e8cc6.jpg

Edited by Ernie

3185 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 2/17/16

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/182611-fut-3185-dr-rahal-day-after-pics.html

1204 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 3/27/17

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/186586-round-2-rahal-1204-fut-frontal-third-same-area.html

---> total of 4389 grafts to my frontal third via FUT

---> 1mg finasteride daily since 1999:)

Your donor looks nice in that pic. Strong temple points and ear/nape area.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Ernie,

Thank you for sharing this. However, I feel that the title is a bit deceiving. Given that you reference in the post that you've had 3 hair transplants, I don't think it's fair to say that the reason you have so much more hair than your father is because of finasteride. Frankly, it's because of the hair transplants.

Now, how much of your hair is being saved from finasteride is another story. To get a real comparison, we will need to see crown pictures (assuming you haven't had any transplanted hair added there). We will also need to see a picture of your father at the age you are now or at least know your age so we can get an idea whether or not you may be past the hump of significant hair loss.

Don't get me wrong....I'm very happy for you and I'm not trying to rain on your parade. But I want our readers to understand that what they are seeing is largely the result of hair transplant surgery, not finasteride.

Best wishes,

Bill

I think he pointed out that the midscalp and crown were untouched. At first I thought he meant by thinning, but I think he meant by transplants.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Ernie,

Thank you for sharing this. However, I feel that the title is a bit deceiving. Given that you reference in the post that you've had 3 hair transplants, I don't think it's fair to say that the reason you have so much more hair than your father is because of finasteride. Frankly, it's because of the hair transplants.

Now, how much of your hair is being saved from finasteride is another story. To get a real comparison, we will need to see crown pictures (assuming you haven't had any transplanted hair added there). We will also need to see a picture of your father at the age you are now or at least know your age so we can get an idea whether or not you may be past the hump of significant hair loss.

Don't get me wrong....I'm very happy for you and I'm not trying to rain on your parade. But I want our readers to understand that what they are seeing is largely the result of hair transplant surgery, not finasteride.

Best wishes,

Bill

I've only had ONE hair transplant, that being to my frontal third. My HT journey is below in my signature

3185 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 2/17/16

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/182611-fut-3185-dr-rahal-day-after-pics.html

1204 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 3/27/17

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/186586-round-2-rahal-1204-fut-frontal-third-same-area.html

---> total of 4389 grafts to my frontal third via FUT

---> 1mg finasteride daily since 1999:)

Ernie,

I would say that if you started Fin at 41 then it definitely would of been one hell of a battle for you as my guess is your dad at a same age would of been a NW 4/5 at the time.

saying all that even though genetics play a role, not always if your dad is bald it will be passed on direct as I see sometimes it skips a generation but in your case I do feel that medications & just 1 Ht has helped you in a great deal.

Ernie,

Learn to read Bill..:P:D

Unfortunately sometimes seems aloof (or maybe just too busy??)... especially to some of the veterans who keep this place running most of the time.

But it's ok all of us are at risk of ending up like JT anyway, so better not get into too much HLS2015.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)