**VIDEO** Hair Lost is Identity Lost- Feller and Bloxham-Great Neck, NY

Great video Drs. Bloxam and Feller, I am glad you guys are addressing psychological aspect of HT, I can relate to lots of emotions I was going through before and immediately I had my HT. Kudos for bringing them to fore.

My Thread: 

• 1 month later...

Interesting topic! I want to add a little story which happend >12 years ago, but I remember still like yesterday.

At around 24 (5 years after my highschool exam) an "older guy" in his mid/end 30s on the street said "hello" to me.

I am very bad with names, but I never, ever forget a face so I said: "Dude, who are you". And he: "We graduated from higschool together, I'm XYZ". My answer: "Sorry, I have never seen you before, but you have a familiar voice".

End of story:

Of course I knew him from before. He was my classmate for 9 years. But he went from a boyish redhead into completly sly bald in < 5 years. He looked like another person. And older person for sure, but that wasn't the point, all of us got older. But he looked like somenelse. Totally different facial proportions. Just not himself.

I felt really bad (for him) and that I was so "rude". This really sticks to my mind and also freaked the hell out of my as soon as I noticed the thinning in my hair...

• 2 weeks later...
Interesting topic! I want to add a little story which happend >12 years ago, but I remember still like yesterday.

At around 24 (5 years after my highschool exam) an "older guy" in his mid/end 30s on the street said "hello" to me.

I am very bad with names, but I never, ever forget a face so I said: "Dude, who are you". And he: "We graduated from higschool together, I'm XYZ". My answer: "Sorry, I have never seen you before, but you have a familiar voice".

End of story:

Of course I knew him from before. He was my classmate for 9 years. But he went from a boyish redhead into completly sly bald in < 5 years. He looked like another person. And older person for sure, but that wasn't the point, all of us got older. But he looked like somenelse. Totally different facial proportions. Just not himself.

I felt really bad (for him) and that I was so "rude". This really sticks to my mind and also freaked the hell out of my as soon as I noticed the thinning in my hair...

This is why I say hair loss is similar to losing an arm and why it's different than people who seek plastic surgery like facelifts. The former no longer see themselves, the latter do see themselves just older.

Here is a recent patient of ours whose identity we were able to recover in just one transplant session:

This is why I say hair loss is similar to losing an arm and why it's different than people who seek plastic surgery like facelifts.

Like in the other thread were we have a dicsussion you are again on the the "extreme" side (so some would disagree). But I think you are right on track. I do not care about grey hair or wrinkles. But the hairloss really bothers me...

By the way: Nice video. Patient must be very happy now!

i absolutely LOVE seeing successful "repair" surgeries! having undergone a repair myself, I know the anxiety and stress the patient was under with having to conceal the unnatural hairline, the repair process just returns you back to a sense of normalcy and you are finally at some peace! so thanks for all you do in this respect Dr. Bloxham! great job