Would I be able to wear my hair short after a transplant?

Hey all,

This is my first time posting here, and after many years of thinking about it, I'm considering going forward with a FUE procedure.

The thing is my hair is very curly (I'm middle eastern) and I usually wear my hair very very short. I'm a bit worry that the scars in the back and maybe in the front as well, will be visible.

I'll be happy to hear your opinions!

IMG_0310_no.thumb.jpg.921c90b7711c648a15073ebd74f2bb95.jpg

IMG_0311_no.thumb.jpg.ccd7f7724575cd72b82eef38ccfb20ce.jpg

IMG_0316.thumb.jpg.748184e6874d514d0a4de8850fdbbd81.jpg

IMG_0338.thumb.jpg.47cfb1baade360cdc89d03d421d085d1.jpg

Welcome to the community TomJob.

Yes you should be able to wear your hair short once you heal up.

With a good FUE surgeon and provided you heal well, the scabs and any signs of surgery should be gone after several weeks.

You might sustain some level of shock loss but you won't know until after the procedure is done. There is no way of predicting whether or not it will occur.

Congrats on your upcoming procedure.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Thank you all for your answers!

If anybody has some pictures or links of other posts of FUE patients that were their haircut very very short (almost shaved) I would love to see...I'm specially concerned with the back (the donor area)..

For FUE, yes, you can likely get away with a buzz cut in most instances, unless you're a very poor healer.

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016

Even though I've had multiple strip surgeries, I am able to cut my hair pretty short without showing any signs of my scarring. With FUE, providing you choose a reputable surgeon, you should have no issues going very short once everything is healed.

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

Thank you all for your answers!

If anybody has some pictures or links of other posts of FUE patients that were their haircut very very short (almost shaved) I would love to see...I'm specially concerned with the back (the donor area)..

If you take a peek at the patients experiences and surgeons review sections of this community, you should find some good pics of FUE patients with short hair styles...:cool:

Gillenator

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Then grow it out man!...:cool:

Gillenator