Need Doctor Recommendations in Istanbul

Michael8

Hello all,

My name is Michael and I am strongly considering doing a hair transplant in Istanbul, Turkey. I am from Los Angeles visiting family in the Middle East. I have been reading many reviews and information online. To be honest I am overwhelmed.

If you have done any research on doctors in Istanbul or done a surgery in Turkey.

Can you please name the doctors to consider?

How much did it cost?

How many grafts did you get?

What was included in the package?

Any other info to consider please?

Maybe there is a thread that has all this info?

When I search for doctors on this website I only find 2 in turkey but people have named many more.

I really appreciate all the feedback and this website for the info.

Thank you all

The best surgeon in Turkey with consistent results is Dr Erdogan, but he is also the most expensive. Also check out Dr Karadeniz, Keser, Yaman.

AVOID the cheap technician clinics. Do your research.

Search for Turkey here

Forum By and for Hair Loss Patients - Search Forums

The best surgeon in Turkey with consistent results is Dr Erdogan, but he is also the most expensive. Also check out Dr Karadeniz, Keser, Yaman.

Search for Turkey here

I think Dr. Keser charges €3.5 per graft which is more expensive than Dr. Erdogan, no?

I appreciate your feedback fellas. I would pay more for better results. I just wanted to see who everyone went with. I think I will just go through all the posts on here and do my research. Thank you

Is there a list of all the physicians in Istanbul on hair restoration network?

Hello all,

My name is Michael and I am strongly considering doing a hair transplant in Istanbul, Turkey. I am from Los Angeles visiting family in the Middle East. I have been reading many reviews and information online. To be honest I am overwhelmed.

If you have done any research on doctors in Istanbul or done a surgery in Turkey.

Can you please name the doctors to consider?

How much did it cost?

How many grafts did you get?

What was included in the package?

Any other info to consider please?

Maybe there is a thread that has all this info?

When I search for doctors on this website I only find 2 in turkey but people have named many more.

I really appreciate all the feedback and this website for the info.

Thank you all

Hello Mike

How about sharing some pics?

Have you given any of the LA clinics a look by any chance? Dr Diep is outstanding, and I am hearing recent noise about the Armani clinic, have you given them a look? ;)

I realize you have family in the region, but is there a pressing reason why you wish to have a procedure in Turkey while visiting them?

I can't speak with authority about the doctors abroad, but for a US based patient my bias and preference is always to consider North American options first.

It just seems like the peace of mind from the medical accountability and scrutiny American and Canadian doctors face is worth staying home for to me.

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016

I realize you have family in the region, but is there a pressing reason why you wish to have a procedure in Turkey while visiting them?

I can't speak with authority about the doctors abroad, but for a US based patient my bias and preference is always to consider North American options first.

It just seems like the peace of mind from the medical accountability and scrutiny American and Canadian doctors face is worth staying home for to me.

Maybe because he's top 3 FUE surgeon in the world IMO. Hairlines are flawless, not one negative review found on the forums, accomodation is world class via asmed, all his patients has early growth and to top it off he's half the price of an North American doc. I'm flying from Australia to see him.

Maybe because he's top 3 FUE surgeon in the world IMO. Hairlines are flawless, not one negative review found on the forums, accomodation is world class via asmed, all his patients has early growth and to top it off he's half the price of an North American doc. I'm flying from Australia to see him.
That is a bit too salesy for my taste, all I ask anybody to do is proceed with caution.

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016

That is a bit too salesy for my taste, all I ask anybody to do is proceed with caution.

True, there's no denying that what I said does sound salesy, but are any of those facts untrue? No.

No one can deny any one of those facts.

All I can say is to do your research mate. Look into Shapiro from Spain you have the money he has a flawless track record aswell and he's conservative . Look into Erdogan if you are deadset on Turkey, that's a no brainer. Also check on the forums here there's countless threads from patients to research on. The only bad thing I could say about Erdogan is that he seems to over quote with graft counts. Still gets top notch results tho.

Good luck!

ASMED hands down. Dr. Ergodan isone of the best FUE doctor there is. The way he provides specific breakdowns or hairs used, tells you about details such as total hairs available and so on. Way more detailed then any other surgeon I used. One I used is in the coalition here and another is recommended... both gave me average results and have multiple reports on here of dissatisfied patients. ASMED on the other hand has zero bad reports and countless before and after pics that are up close and detailed. I'll be going there for my next surgery. You are lucky you are close by.

• 2 weeks later...

Search for Turkey here

Thank you HairsGone, Densedream, WhyohWhy, and Hamburger.

Stig, the only clinic I have checked out in LA are Bosley. In my early 20's I went to the Newport Beach location for a consult I think in 2005. And a few years back maybe 2012 I went into the Beverly Hills location for a more detailed consult.

Its been 5 years since my last consult and I was less educated about the subject as I am now. I am no where near as knowledgeable as I would like but this forum is definitely helping.

Vainism and Speegs, thank you both.

Speegs, as an American and knowing the accountability with malpractice if a doctor messes up is important but the work that I am seeing overseas with the cost has made me consider looking abroad. Nowadays you can get excellent healthcare almost anywhere in the world. Sometimes better than home to be honest bc of cost. We can debate the reasons but not worth our time. The evidence of successful patients is there and there are good doctors and bad doctors home and abroad. Its up to the patient to do their research and pick a good physician.

Stig,

I am considering starting a new thread with pictures to ask questions to everyone about whether to wait or get a surgery. I am a norwood 3-4 and I am 34 years old. My older brother at my age was completely bald and he is now 40 at a norwood 6-7 he shaves his hair or bic's it.

Someone recently told me why don't I wait until I am all the way gone before I get a hair surgery which made me reconsider whether I should wait.

What if I fill in the bald spots now and the spots that have hair I lose them in a year or two. Then I have to go through the process again. Considering this process takes so much out of us. It lasts about a year to see the full results.

So much to ponder.

I really appreciate everyone on here. Feedback, responses and just talking to people who have to go through the same stupid dilemma.

Cheers