Did FUE surgery 25 days ago

Catalyst101

I got a FUE surgery on the front about 25 days ago and the recipient area looks fine so far with daily washes using baby shampoo. But i'm still hesitant to use Rogaine right now because I heard it can irritate scalp. I've always experience intense dry scalps (looks almost like psoriasis) on my crown so I'm wondering if using Rogaine right now will cause any problem? Any idea or recommendation I should take? Hair has been falling off from my crown area aggressively lately....is this a shock loss??

Congratulations on your FUE surgery, you have a lot to look forward to. Ask your doctor about the use of Rogaine. Shock loss typically occurs in the areas where donor grafts were taken. For reassurance, you may want to ask your doctor about this as well. Remember....any shock loss is temporary, and your normal hair growth cycle will replace those hairs. If you're interested in seeing what to expect each day after surgery and in the coming weeks you can look at my before/afters on MyFUEhairtransplant.com

Take good photos throughout your journey and occasionally post them here on this site so we can see your progress. Be patient and happy growing.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I researched this quite a bit.

The recommendations vary wildly from doc to doc. I've looked at the literature and there is absolutely no good data upon which to really base a firm recommendation. Ultimately ,about a week post op any wounds are "sealed" such that the Rogaine isn't being absorbed any differently than it is pre-op. It's not even clear how exactly it works. Seems to be that increases blood flow is one of its mechanisms of action. If that is indeed the case then I can't imagine anything a transplanted graft would like better than the absolutely best blood flow possible...right?

So, for what it's worth, I restarted Rogaine foam 7-10 days post op and have had very good results with the two transplants that were followed by Rogaine use.

Hope that helps

Thanks everyone.

I'm on my 1 month mark now and I started to use Rogaine few days ago (twice a day)...so far no skin irritation...*crossing my finger**

Anybody have recommendation on the type of shampoo I can use at this stage that will help my dry scalp and not too strong for the recipient zone? TIA!