AUSTRALIAN HT Please Help

Hi guys,

I am considering getting a HT in Australia where I currently live.

I have had a consultation at the Knudsen clinic in Melbourne with Dr Vikram Jayaprakash.

Has anybody had a procedure with him or seen / heard of his work???

I have tried searching google but unable to find results.

I would appreciate any feed back. Thanks guys

Have not heard of him however I think there are other options there as far as proven work and especially with FUE.

Just Google FUE surgeons in Australia and you will see who I am referring to.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Have not heard of him however I think there are other options there as far as proven work and especially with FUE.

Just Google FUE surgeons in Australia and you will see who I am referring to.

I'm getting the impression that I'm out of the loop on something regarding HTs in Australia. This is the second seemingly cryptic mention I've seen of a mystery surgeon who cannot be named.... :cool:

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

I'm from Australia, personally, if your going to spend 8-12 dollars a graft like Australian surgeons charge, i'd rather go to Canada or America, even better pay half the price and and travel to Turkey.

As with most things in Australia, the cost of hair transplant surgery is a farce! Also, from what I can gather, the overall standard/quality across the board is poor when compared to Europe, America and even parts of Asia. I would never get a transplant in Australia.

Thailand?...really?...:confused:

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Thailand:

Dr loarwong

Absolut - 110 bht - $4.10

Dr kulakarn

Maple - 70 bht - $2.65

Dr pong - 78 bht - $2.90

Dr vong - 100 bht - $4.00

Dr pathomvanich -130 bht - $4.93

Dr path is the most experienced In the industry his only downfall is that his specialty is in FUT.

I was actually interested in seeing Dr Path in Thailand but like you mentioned he is an expert in FUT which I'm not interested in this time. I am actually considering not having a procedure in Australia just for the conviniance and looking at perhaps seeing Dr Bisanga at the BHR clinic in Belgium. Apparently from reading posts on this forum he is an expert in FUE.

Has anyone had any experience with him for an fue procedure or fue into a previous fut scar??

Really want to try and make the best decision with a doctor and it seems like the prices are quite comparable if not cheaper than here in Australia.

Would appreciate any thoughts ....

Yeah mate your best bet is to travel to Europe. Some of the American doctors span from 6 onwards.

In no particular order these guys have the best reputation in FUE:

Shapiro - Spain

Rahal - Canada

Feller - America

Alexander - America

bisanga - Belgium

Ferfduni - Belgium

Lorenzo - Spain

Keser - Belgium

diep - America

Erdogan - Turkey

From all the the research that I've done, Hands down bang for buck, quality and success rate posted by patients, erdogan is the best @ $2.50 euro , only downfall is Turkey is dangerous to travel to.

I've booked him in for 3k grafts in February. Plus you can get chew flights with Emitates return for 1200 if you book three months prior.

Give me a pm if you have any questions mate.

I am on the exact same boat as you being from Australia and looking at FUE in April (1800-2000 graphs). Definitely steer clear of any HT here in Australia.

Currently I am looking at Dr Loarwong in Bangkok ($3.44aud)or Dr Bisanga in Brussels (unsure on price). I was also considering Dr Erdogan ($3.61aud) but the fact he only does the incisions himself and the current terror events in Turkey has put me off somewhat. However the ease of flights - accommodation etc is very appealing and his results seem great so its still an option.

Keen to follow this thread to see what the best options are :)

I am on the exact same boat as you being from Australia and looking at FUE in April (1800-2000 graphs). Definitely steer clear of any HT here in Australia.

Currently I am looking at Dr Loarwong in Bangkok ($3.44aud)or Dr Bisanga in Brussels (unsure on price). I was also considering Dr Erdogan ($3.61aud) but the fact he only does the incisions himself and the current terror events in Turkey has put me off somewhat. However the ease of flights - accommodation etc is very appealing and his results seem great so its still an option.

Keen to follow this thread to see what the best options are :)

Hi mate, I'm strongly thinking of going with Dr Loarwong too.. I know he's not recommended on here, but he seems to have some great results online and can't find a negative word written about him any where. Where in Aus are you? I'm in Melb

I'm in Brisbane.

Based on my research the top picks ranked lowest to highest in price for 2000 grafts are:

DR LOARWONG = $3.44 AUD = 2000 GRAFTS = $6,880.00 (BANGKOK)

DR ERDOGAN = $3.61 AUD = 2000 GRAFTS = $7,220.00 (TURKEY)

DR KESER = $5.06 AUD = 2000 GRAFTS = $10,120.00 (TURKEY)

DR BISANGA = $7.22 AUD 1st 1000, $4.33 AUD AFTER = 2000 GRAFTS = $7,220 + $4,330 = $11,550.00 (BRUSSELS)

DR LUPANZULA = $6.50 AUD 1st 1000, $5.80 AUD AFTER = 2000 GRAFTS = $6,500 + $5,800 = $12,3000 (BRUSSELS)

DR LORENZO = $8.7 AUD 1st 1000, $5.8 AUD AFTER = 2000 GRAFTS = $8,700 + $5,800 = $14,500.00 (SPAIN)

Dr Loarwong seems good but his position in Bangkok seems rather difficult to get to regarding taxis etc. I am maybe leaning towards Dr Bisanga at this point. Just gathering prices on flights and accommodation now to see how much it will cost me :/. But they are definitely my top two picks. Shame there is not more review on Dr Loarwong - but he seems very underrated

Edited by Oliverqueen01

Further on Dr Loarwong I am also trying to find out if he also works out of Phuket, not just Bangkok.

This website shows that he does: Absolute Hair Clinic (Phuket, Thailand) - Clinic Information I myMEDholiday.com<br>

If so that would be ideal! Cheap 5 star accomodation, easy to get around, great food.

I have emailed him so hopefully I hear back in the next few days. If so that would pretty much make my decision for me.

Yeah I'm leaning towards dr Bisanga in Brussels for an fue procedure. He seems to get consistent results and doesn't try and over harvest the donor area. Which in my opinion would only lead to another issue seeing as though I'm looking at trying to repair a previous fut scar with fue grafts.

Have any of you guys contacted his clinic to see what's involved in getting the ball rolling??

I had contacted them but they wanted a donor density. So I might have to see a clinic locally to try an obtain that information.

I had seen the Knudsen clinic and it seemed there fue price was a little over $9.00 per graft. So although I think it will be dearer in the long run by the time I account for flights and accommodation in Brussels I think it will still be a better decision knowing that dr Bisanga is a word class surgeon and can hopefully help me gain coverage on top and help repair my fut scar to a point where I could buzz it down on the sides to about a 3 on the clippers

Yeah I'm leaning towards dr Bisanga in Brussels for an fue procedure. He seems to get consistent results and doesn't try and over harvest the donor area. Which in my opinion would only lead to another issue seeing as though I'm looking at trying to repair a previous fut scar with fue grafts.

Have any of you guys contacted his clinic to see what's involved in getting the ball rolling??

I had contacted them but they wanted a donor density. So I might have to see a clinic locally to try an obtain that information.

Send some clear photos including photos of your donor to their rep.

Email is listed here:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/177717-dr-bisanga-3223-fue-amazing-experience-33.html

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)