HT failure considerations

palma13

Hey guys,

I have been wondering about this for a while and never bothered to ask. I sometimes get fits of sneezing like 5-6 in a row per day especially when I wake up. Can the violent contraction of head muscles caused by sneezing result in grafts falling out and HT failing if it were to happen during the HT procedure or right after? I was prescribed nasal steroids a while ago when my doc thought it might be allergies. But I got bad headaches from using it so I stopped. Maybe I will try anti-histamines as well.

I also work a stressful job so probably carry a lot of tension in the head muscles. Should I do scalp massages to help with relaxing the muscles?

Just trying to consider all the factors before flying overseas to spend thousands.

-Jay

You'd have to be knocking your head around like you were at a metal concert to really hurt them like that.

Can't see how general work stress would kill a graft, but be careful as to not let it ruin your posture to cause potential scar stretching. (Edit, didnt notice this in the FUE section)

You'd have to be knocking your head around like you were at a metal concert to really hurt them like that.

Can't see how general work stress would kill a graft, but be careful as to not let it ruin your posture to cause potential scar stretching. (Edit, didnt notice this in the FUE section)

Ya the work stress I figured was me being overparanoid, but the sneezing thing scares me a little. No, I plan on sleeping and resting right after the HT so no head banging. Only thing I can find on sneezing from searching is after getting an HT done...for years if you ever sneeze you feel it in every graft implanted. Strange but interesting bit of info I came across.

Unless you're hitting your head on something when you sneeze, you'll be totally fine.

And I feel your pain. Chronic allergies here and lots of sneezing - and no lost grafts in the process. :)

Good luck!

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure the doctors on this site would agree that sneezing shouldn't "pop" a graft. You should be fine. Get some rest and take a vacation and lower that stress. Don't move to Kentucky where I live.....we're a nation leader in allergies but my sneezing never caused any graft issues. Best of luck to you.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I'm sure the doctors on this site would agree that sneezing shouldn't "pop" a graft. You should be fine. Get some rest and take a vacation and lower that stress. Don't move to Kentucky where I live.....we're a nation leader in allergies but my sneezing never caused any graft issues. Best of luck to you.

Really Kentucky is the allergies capital? Oh well at least you have good college basketball. So life isn't totally unfair. j/k I think I would rather not have allergies either. Although I don't think I have allergies because the sneezing sometimes happens randomly or just when I wake up in the morning. Some of the HT docs I mentioned this to seemed indifferent or unsure to the hazards of sneezing. I guess its not a common thing they encounter so I figured patient experiences might be the best way to get some info on this.

• 2 weeks later...

In my unprofessional opinion it doesn't sound realistic, but I'd consult a Doctor on this one.

Richter101 is a former patient of Dr. Parsa Mohebi

Born Oct ’89

Began Seeing Gradual Hair Loss Oct ’09

Began Seeing Gradual Hair Gain June ’15

My regimen includes:

HT #1 2200 (ARTAS- FUE) grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in 2016

Finasteride daily, since 2014

Rogaine experimenter from 2012- ’13 RIP

Planning HT #2 By End of This Year :)