Conflicting Graph Numbers - Opinions?

Good morning,

This will be my first post on here. Ive sent inquiries to several of the doctors suggested on this forum, and gotten a host of responses which differ from one another. Dr.Erdogan said I wasnt a candidate, Doganay said 4,000 grafts, and Dr.Bhatti said 3,000..... So, turning to the more seasoned to give me some opinion.

Im not really able to visit these guys in person for a consult as Im a defense contractor working in Saudi Arabia, so Im cautious with my leave time.

I just turned 30 years old, started experiencing loss at 24, and have not taken anything to prevent the loss, but am considering Ketoconazole. Your opinions and suggestions would be appreciated. Im pretty motivated, and am interested in having FUE done as soon as possible.

RSfue1.jpg.fe229a5d8ae8e1ac705fa5300702c689.jpg

RSfue2.thumb.jpg.e5621a5cd10a41ededa3e1d14c907f05.jpg

RSfue3.thumb.jpg.e3b70e143c29c47bc8cb9dea4490a360.jpg

RSfue4.jpg.f46914a5d44e0adefd5a33565ae57a4f.jpg

I agree with KO. I've said it many times but there's really no substitute for an in person consult. Pics can be a guideline but they don't tell the full story. I recommend if you can that you visit a reputable clinic to get an accurate opinion on your options.

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

KappaDelta,

Each hair restoration physician has their own idea of the number of grafts each patient may need. This ultimately depends on what they view as optimal density, what part or parts of the head is being covered, placement of the grafts, etc. Some physicians believe "less is more" and rather save a good amount of donor hair in reserve for the future in case of future hair loss. Others may be a bit more liberal and use as many grafts as possible to cover the balding areas.

My personal philosophy (as a patient of course) falls somewhere in the middle. Personally, I'd rather use as many grafts as possible to increase the overall cosemtic appeal of the results while making sure I have enough donor hair in reserve in the event I need more surgery (in the event of future hair loss).

If you are selecting a physician recommended by this community, you are selecting a doctor with a proven record of producing outstanding results. The rest comes down to personal preference and which physician you feel will meet your personal needs and preferences the most.

Best wishes,

Bill

A mistake I made at the start was to send poor quality photos with my hair trimmed short, I think grade 2-3. I sent these to a few recommended surgeons including Dr Erdogan who said I wasn't a candidate due to my donor, he advised using Finasteride then re-evaluating after 6 months. I then grew my hair longer and visited a surgeon who said my donor was fine. I've since had 7000+ grafts and told I still have grafts in the bank if needed! My advice is to grow your hair longer then resend good quality photos and also visit a top surgeon for a closer evaluation.

3,000 seems about right but because it's already shaved it's hard to tell how much is needed in the middle. I'd say the best bet is to go to several more surgeons so you can find a median number.

Richter101 is a former patient of Dr. Parsa Mohebi

Born Oct ’89

Began Seeing Gradual Hair Loss Oct ’09

Began Seeing Gradual Hair Gain June ’15

My regimen includes:

HT #1 2200 (ARTAS- FUE) grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in 2016

Finasteride daily, since 2014

Rogaine experimenter from 2012- ’13 RIP

Planning HT #2 By End of This Year :)

I sent pictures to a range of surgeons. One said I was a great candidate for strip, another said I was not an FUE candidate and only a really big strip surgery would work, another said I wasn't a candidate for strip and would only do FUE , while another few said I was a good candidate for FUE. The best thing is to go in person...

Edited by KO