2000 grafts DONE! - Dr Reddy - The Private Clinic

Wdwhufc

Hi Wdwhufc,

Thanks for sharing your story and providing the updates. I have read a few of the comments made by others, but as you seem happy - the procedure must be deemed a success. As you had severe loss, it's probably hard for those on here who have limited loss to appreciate what it's like to just reclaim and cover (even be it limited) your scalp. I have read countless reviews on here and thought I would be happy with their start point as my end point :D

One thing I would agree with is cost. Don't be scared of looking at a Turkey as an option. The clinics over there have great reviews (some) and many years experience. Costs range from -

€1990 euros for a procedure, regardless of graft numbers.

€1 per graft up to €2.5 per graft.

The upper end of the range is still cheap compared to what you paid ?6 per graft?

This is not a criticism as you were happy and felt comfortable with your decision, just letting you know what else is on offer.

My advise on the concealer is - less is more! As a former Toppik slave, I hope to never use it again - although I do think it does a good job. I personally think if left on the scalp over night does contribute to further hairloss. I fell into the trap of not wanting to wash my hair each day, to save the Toppik application.

Anyway good luck on your further journey if you choose to take it.

5024 grafts with Asmed Clinic. Dr Koray 25th & 26th Oct 2017

Those who spend their time looking for the faults in others usually make no time to correct their own. –Art Janak

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/187649-countdown-my-hair-transplant.html

Wdwhufc,

Thanks for sharing your experience and coming back to share your results a year later. I'd say given your level of baldness and number of grafts that you had a great result. You honestly can't expect any more than that with 2000 grafts and extensive baldness. But if you are able to go back for more sessions, you could possibly double or triple the density depending on available donor hair. That said, I'd still be much happier with that result than being bald.

So at the end of the day, are you glad you took the plunge? What's next?

Best wishes,

Bill

Thanks for the replies guys

Honestly even now, when I look in the mirror, my hair doesn’t look as good (as it can get) as it does in the pics! - must be the lighting

Overall though I guess I’m happy and very happy I took the plunge and went for it. With and without the concealer fibres, it’s a big improvement

I’ll look into having a further procedure subject to the available donor area obviously. This time though I’d like an unshaved procedure (not go full shaven skinhead). I know this is of course far messier and probably more expensive but I think I’d rather that. Last time I made very little contact with anyone other than the wife, for a good 4 weeks, and I wouldn’t want to do that again. Anyway see what happens I guess

Fingers crossed I’ll have the available donor, I’d probably opt for adding a little more density to the front with the remainder going to the crown

I’ll post another pic later with fibres on and the little qiff I’ve got going on!

Cheers guys

Question actually guys

So it's been a full 1 year. Any chance I could expect any further growth? - I've heard in some cases, to see full results can sometimes take longer than 1 year (saw someone mention 18 months somewhere)?

Cheers

I was a slow grower especially after my 2nd transplant (which was 12 months after my first transplant). I was disappointed 12 months later, but was happy after 18 months. I am certain I had new growth after 12 months.

9133 FUE grafts over 4 operations:

1)  Dr De Reys - 3000 grafts in 2012; 2) Dr De Reys - 1800 grafts in 2014; 3) Dr Raghu Reddy - 1200 grafts in 2017; 4)  Dr Arshad - 3133 grafts in 2019

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/54899-9133-fue-grafts-3000-dr-de-reys-in-2013-1800-dr-de-reys-2014-1200-dr-reddy-2017-3133-dr-arshad-2019/