2000 grafts DONE! - Dr Reddy - The Private Clinic

Wdwhufc

Ok well thats it, its done! After much much researching and consideration (going back 4/5 years), I finally went for it

FUE 2000 grafts carried out by Dr Reddy and his team at The Private Clinic, last Thursday and Friday 17th and 18th November

Actually just so you get a fully picture of my journey so far, I should start by saying that I visited 3 other clinics near to Harley Street for comparable consultations

These were;

* Dr May from the Wimpole Clinic

* HSHC- Harley street hair clinic (i cant recall the Drs name unfortunately)

* Dr Shahmalak from Crown Clinic (with any procedure being carried out in Manchester)

I had decided to keep my research and any final decision within in the London area. I know of course there are many around the world, particularly (apparently) Turkey ete but for a number of reasons i wanted to be as close to home as possible

I was told from each of the Drs that due my excessive loss of hair, that they felt i had particularly fair hair, and also that i didn't have a huge amount of quality donor, my end result was going to be limited. I wouldn't be able to gain full coverage with any great density.

With all of this in mind (and as you'll see from the pics), i decided to focus on the frontel area, working backwards. I had also decided to keep my current receding hairline, to maximise my availability of grafts. And i guess also so i have less of a transition

The cost I paid was ?12,000 (?10,000 of this on interest free credit for 12 months)

This was actually the most expensive out of all 4 quotes. Reason for doing this was that i just got an all round better felling about the Dr Reddy, his staff and the all round set up. I was made to feel very comfortable and at ease throughout the whole process. Really nice bunch of people

Please have a look at the pics of the before and after photos. Also a photo with the Nanogen fibres

Like us all, its now a waiting game. I'll post up some new pics once a month or so, so can see my progress

More than happy to answer any questions.

Incidently, when on the way home in the cab on Friday, my driver, a turkish guy, was telling me hair transplants are huge in Turkey and very well priced. He said he'll be having a transplant himself

Cheers....

5b32f0197d6d6_harley1.thumb.JPG.a417eba097352d4750da589819d9afc7.JPG

5b32f019a4a72_harley2.thumb.JPG.8c3234faa20d7760befeaee9f9315513.JPG

5b32f019c864c_harley3.thumb.JPG.2d7fe69816a7bfba6b8d24ec49f0cfa5.JPG

5b32f019e81a8_harley4..thumb.JPG.bb081ad7d83708015e9b4f710de7842d.JPG

Always impressed by Dr Reddys work. As you say, expensive, but it's important to feel comfortable with your choice.

BTW, you're using far too much fibre.;)

I'd be wary of using this, while your grafts are recovering and bedding in.

Cheers Dolph, Im really hopeful of a good result...

Sorry i should've said, the photo with the fibres, is prior to the procedure - basically my everyday look

I agree absolutely, wont be using the fibres for a good couple of weeks yet - It'll have nothing to cling onto anyway!

Congrats Wdwhufc, is the post surgery picture from today? It doesn't look too scabby. I personally never really considered the UK because the pricing was too high and good quality doctors limited but Reddy does seem to do good work and I accidently stumbled upon a guy on YouTube who had it done recently at the Private Clinic and it looking really good with him.

BTW, what did you think of Dr Shahmalak? I met with him for a consulat in London back in 2013 and to be honest I found him borderline rude. Maybe he was in a bad mood and ready to go home (it was one of the last appointments of the day) but he didn't seem overly interested.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing your results over time.

Looks like you're recovering nicely. Follow doctors orders and go easy on those showers. You'll start developing pimples along the way which is perfectly normal. You should start to see new hair growth in a few short months. You should be looking good by Spring time. Best of luck and happy growing.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Congrats Wdwhufc, is the post surgery picture from today? It doesn't look too scabby. I personally never really considered the UK because the pricing was too high and good quality doctors limited but Reddy does seem to do good work and I accidently stumbled upon a guy on YouTube who had it done recently at the Private Clinic and it looking really good with him.

BTW, what did you think of Dr Shahmalak? I met with him for a consulat in London back in 2013 and to be honest I found him borderline rude. Maybe he was in a bad mood and ready to go home (it was one of the last appointments of the day) but he didn't seem overly interested.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing your results over time.

Hi JJ, thanks v much

The post surgery photos were the day after, last Saturday

Dr Shahmalak. I found him to very much to the point and honest. Very direct. I guess you could say, thats exactly what you want really - complete honesty and being clear and upfront and realistic. In my opinion, i think he may just need to soften a little. Maybe not be too direct and straight, because like you say, some people may find that a bit too hard hitting and rude-ish

Looks like you're recovering nicely. Follow doctors orders and go easy on those showers. You'll start developing pimples along the way which is perfectly normal. You should start to see new hair growth in a few short months. You should be looking good by Spring time. Best of luck and happy growing.

Cheers John

Lets hope so...

Who knows, my any/new growth might last me through xmas, before the usual shed

I pmed you, but what is wrong with your donor hair? the sides look thick?

No their not thick mate. I would even say this myself actually. I have quite thin hair

Also this is what all of the surgeons said from each of the 4 clinics i visited

I am of course hopeful that at a later date, i will have sufficient donor for a further procedure. How many grafts will be possible, I obviously don't know at this stage

Cheers

Congratulations on your recent procedure. It sounds like you went into this with your eyes wide open so I expect you will be satisfied. You mention large area of loss, limited fine hair donor and 2000 grafts have been spread over a large area.

Are you planning a second surgery to add further density into these areas or to work further back or was your plan to get a natural look with one surgery?

Senior Patient Advisor for Dr Edward Ball of The Maitland Clinic.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of The Maitland Clinic.

Formerly Garageland of Hasson & Wong with 20 years of history in Hair Restoration.

Meet with myself for a free consultation and advice in London on June 21st 2018.

• 3 months later...

Guys

UPDATE - 4 1/2 MONTH

See a few pics

Considering the expected wait time for new growth, at this stage, i guess im not expecting too much

Although saying that, its seems that some of the transported hair has stayed in tact (not shedded), and has just grown longer. Ive been to the barbers a whole number of times since the procedure but this area hasn't been touched at all. Just a usual tidy up around the sides

What be great to get some feedback on what you think (remember, my transplanted hairs didnt go from front to back - coverage was around 60/65% back - see my previuos pics)

Cheers

forum.thumb.JPG.d8478f7aa27afcb815042b6c074c6a8b.JPG

5b32f2eebbfc0_forum2.thumb.JPG.c16e0554eb8c4efbab458456338bce22.JPG

5b32f2eee6f6d_forum3.thumb.JPG.5ac267927dee68fbd79f29921968226e.JPG

Congratulations on your recent procedure. It sounds like you went into this with your eyes wide open so I expect you will be satisfied. You mention large area of loss, limited fine hair donor and 2000 grafts have been spread over a large area.

Are you planning a second surgery to add further density into these areas or to work further back or was your plan to get a natural look with one surgery?

Hi David

If i have the available donor, i will be looking at second procedure

btw, i saw you on twiter, re your visit to David Golds House! How was it? Typical of West Ham, we're back to our average selves! :rolleyes: The life of a West Ham fan eh....

Also please let me know of my recent pic upload

Hi David

If i have the available donor, i will be looking at second procedure

btw, i saw you on twiter, re your visit to David Golds House! How was it? Typical of West Ham, we're back to our average selves! :rolleyes: The life of a West Ham fan eh....

Also please let me know of my recent pic upload

Hello!

Yes I was there and at the Swansea game the day before. David Gold is a nice guy with a very nice house and gardens. It was just over an hour from me. Yep same old West Ham.

As for your photos I think it is steady progress, you were pretty slick bald behind that hairline and you have a coverage of hair. At 4 months it looks on track to me. Please keep us all updated.

Senior Patient Advisor for Dr Edward Ball of The Maitland Clinic.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of The Maitland Clinic.

Formerly Garageland of Hasson & Wong with 20 years of history in Hair Restoration.

Meet with myself for a free consultation and advice in London on June 21st 2018.

• 2 months later...

8 months from date of procedure - Pics just after a haircut (including trim of new hair)

Really hope to see further results. At least though the nanogen fibres have something to cling onto! My wife tells me she can see good growth and that my hair looks miles thicker and fully with the fibres

Hard to say i know, but do you think i can expect much more growth (i know new growth can take upto 1 year)

Cheers

5b32f4d4dc924_Hair1.thumb.JPG.abe939a5dbe81953480a41817b84a159.JPG

5b32f4d509b9c_Hair2.thumb.JPG.4e912e5cd9a3efaf3e761d822a978ded.JPG

5b32f4d535227_Hair3.thumb.JPG.6547a35c24c960e7dd838788f472ed3b.JPG

• 4 weeks later...
8 months from date of procedure - Pics just after a haircut (including trim of new hair)

Really hope to see further results. At least though the nanogen fibres have something to cling onto! My wife tells me she can see good growth and that my hair looks miles thicker and fully with the fibres

Hard to say i know, but do you think i can expect much more growth (i know new growth can take upto 1 year)

Cheers

Some feedback would be great please guys

Hi Wdwhufc,

Thank you for posting your details on your transplant being in the uk and also looking at opinions after looking at the photos on Dr Reddy website and also at the private clinic he was top of my list as his results are amazing.

I have been checking back for updates from you to see how things are going.

If I compare your transplant to all of the ones on the websites there seems to a huge difference on the out comes, could it just be you have to wait the full 12 months as that's what I have read on here.

Has there been much of a change since you posted the photos.

Regards.

Thanks for the post Jimbo

My end result was never going to be particularly amazing due to a combination of extensive hairloss and my available donor area

I am though of course hoping that my result further improves, once ive hit the 1 year mark (im at 9 months now)

Cheers

Hi Wdwhufc,

Thank you for your reply, can I ask how many hairs were there in the 2000 grafts (guessing around 4500?).

As it's all a new learning curve to me sorry for the questions, just find it hard to judge things like how much an overhaul cost to get my hair to a place that I would happy with as I am quite similar to you in terms of hair loss and also at a guess hair texture (hair loss over the last 25 years) hard to gauge a overhaul cost for a very conservative end result (natural receding look).

Had you though about an overhaul picture before having your HT done and what were your thoughts?

When looking at results on surgeons websites they don't seem to have many before and after photos or cases like me so that's why I was interested in yours.

Hope all is going well.

Regards.

• 2 months later...

You said you have fairly fine hair, did this affect the number of hairs in each grath? I read another review of Dr Reddys work which says that his graths each consisted of about 3 hairs. Was wondering if you finer hair changed the number of hairs in each of your transplanted graths? Did he mention anything like this out of interest? Your hair is looking much better btw :)

I’m just going to be brutally honest with you pal, 2,000 grafts? On your level of loss? Waste of time, you knew that and you were told that by all clinics in UK in which you visited, not only did you choose to pay the most ridiculous price I’ve ever seen for 2000 grafts you chose to finance it? ?12,000 (for you Americans that’s nearly $16,000) man your crazy a hair piece is the only option for you, but each to there own ay

Thanks for the post Jimbo

My end result was never going to be particularly amazing due to a combination of extensive hairloss and my available donor area

I am though of course hoping that my result further improves, once ive hit the 1 year mark (im at 9 months now)

Cheers

Any recent pictures mate?

It looks like you have some coverage over the front and middle that wasnt there before. I think similar to me you probably knew you werent going to get a full head of hair for 2000 grafts so giving you some coverage will help I imagine.

Also maybe similar to me the idea of a second is a possibility to take it up a notch as well.

• 1 month later...

Guys

Ok so here’s me at a full 1 year

I guess some things to note (incase you’ve missed my original post when I started the thread);

* Due to my excessive hair loss the end result was going to be very limited. I was told by all surgeons I spoke to - unfortunately I would never again have a full head of hair

* Due to my hair being pretty fine and fair, there wasn’t huge amount to take from my donor area

* The hairs I had transplanted were spread and placed from the front to halfway back

How do I feel about the end result?...

I guess I have to be pretty happy to be fair although yes I was hoping and expecting a little more density. I’m still thickening up with the nanogen fibres (not in these pics) and with these my hair looks a whole whole lot better. Much more thicker and fuller

Infact, for the first time in around 20 years I was able to style my hair differently!! I think it looked pretty good (I’ll upload another pic in a few days)

Not having the procedure, I know I didn’t have very long left using the fibres alone to cover my baldness

Likely I’ll look into a further procedure, if donor area allows

See attached pics. Before and after (though I have to say, when I look in the mirror, it doesn’t look as good as it does in the pics)

60EFDDEB-E877-42E8-9484-A5E64547367A.jpg.1848839df6723182c4a7eadd9e9015b9.jpg

F5222356-6221-47D5-B10A-2A392AE13E93.thumb.jpg.e1590f355e2d6db66530cb6b704dcbba.jpg

7CEAEEDF-5670-48D8-AB30-A1AB8C06501B.thumb.jpg.44b3c4122374994ccc3afcba88fc2b84.jpg

FAF085C3-912F-44B0-A7B2-02F60D1A5391.thumb.jpg.29205595c9e9e9c277785810ae612fa1.jpg

5CC11487-CC83-4681-BFAB-9A10C77782A8.thumb.jpg.4a72a79984166a0ec3403987b0497d0b.jpg

Edited by Wdwhufc