Strip scar repair. It is possible

Bit the bullet tonight & clipped down to a number zero!

I have enough hair to give a great buzzed look from the front & the work I have had done on the strip scar has proven amazing. I have 500 FUE beard hair into the strip scar & also some SMP. At a number zero it is almost undetectable, just the faintest of lines and it was a nasty scar.

HT3.thumb.jpg.c0bd0bd48c00294ec2d8c58a5399c34d.jpg

5b32f011c12d6_stripscar1.thumb.jpg.e10b4ca3f883b7c81545fb0a3e8765fa.jpg

5b32f0195dd79_stripscar3.thumb.jpg.07d384b069138cb6ae18b9b35aad627b.jpg

Edited by Mikey1970

Thanks Chris. I think its the best possible outcome for me at this time. I still have too much hair in the front to risk chasing shock loss with any more HT's but it does look full when buzzed. Having the scar repaired has enabled me to do this. It was either going to be scar repair & buzz or wear a wig - the gaps from shock loss were driving me nuts.

Looking great Mikey1970.

I too am in a similar position, with a strip scar wishing to buzz down.

Can you please share some scar pics before the FUE? Any idea what your scar dimensions were?

Thanks in advance...

Not sure of the dimensions but it was a nasty scar. The FUE beard improved it significantly & SMP has finished it off. IMHO you need both, the SMP wouldn't look as good with no hair in there.

5b32f0190cb7f_stripscar3.thumb.jpg.826bdbb1568484fd22a6fd13153dae92.jpg

Edited by Mikey1970

I have to admit, I was amazed myself last night after I had shaved it down to a zero. I didn't expect it to look this good.

I had the FUE done in late June this year, it did improve it significantly. My surgeon gave me no guarantee's, he said scars can yield 20% to 90% and are unpredictable. I had the SMP done over three sessions from Mid October to Mid November.

Edited by Mikey1970

Good luck. Just make sure you are very selective in who you go with for any procedures you may decide on. I chose a great surgeon & a great SMP tech. With lesser people i think its safe to say my results wouldn't be as good or could have made things even worse (as is possible in this industry).

My surgeon said that beard hair is courser and therefore the best type of hair to use scars. I don't think many surgeons use beard hair because if it goes wrong it can result in scarring close to the face. Therefore if you want this type of surgery you would need to be very selective who you go with. I'm lucky again that my beard scars are very negligible, i don't notice them at all.

Edited by Mikey1970

• 2 weeks later...