THANKSGIVING WEEK Pro Bono Case (1331 grafts): Carlos K. Wesley, M.D. (NYC & LA)

A 14-year-old boy underwent reconstructive ear surgery. Unfortunately, it left him with massive scarring alopecia throughout the right side of his scalp. This deformity left him very self conscious and often prevented him from taking part in water activities that would expose his unsightly scar.

As a proud physician/surgeon member of Little Baby Face Foundation, a non-profit organization dedicated to performing reconstructive surgery for children with facial birth deformities, Dr. Wesley and his staff performed a follicular unit transplantation (FUT) session at no cost to this young man’s family.

A total of 1331 grafts were used to fill in both the linear scar atop his head and the two large hairless regions surrounding his right ear. The boy’s hair follicles were incubated in platelet rich plasma (PRP) throughout the duration of the procedure.

The Little Baby Face Foundation helps cover transportation and housing costs for families in need. Participating physicians/surgeons donate their time and surgical facility to perform pro bono cases to children in need.

Happy Holidays!

Slide1.jpg

Slide2.jpg

Slide3.jpg

Slide4.jpg

Slide5.jpg

Slide6.jpg

Slide7.jpg

Slide8.jpg

Kudos to Dr Wesley for doing this complex repair. It is great seeing life changing cases and doctors doing pro bono cases once in a while. There are docs that may not even take on such repair cases as is because they may not be confident. Seeing how good this case turned out speaks volumes. Thank you for helping this young kid out and taking him on pro bono. Definitely deserve a standing ovation for this remarkable transformation. I am big on trying to help folks with repairs and seeing you make a difference for this kid, really makes my day. Great job!

Cases such as these always touch me. To be able to assist accident victims and others with surgical or natural deformities to restore confidence and live a "normal" life is a special gift and I commend Dr. Wesley for donating his time for this cause!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Great case! We have to sometimes remember that hair restoration is not always about our own vanity pursuits but also for healing those who have been injured or scarred.

happy thanksgiving week to all

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

• 2 months later...