How do I get these meds for regrowing hair?

Been looking online for some help in the way of regrowing hair. Interestingly I came upon a study launched by Yale that found that an arthritis drug called Xeljanz can regrow hair. Another drug called Jakafi aimed for cancer patients was also able to regrow hair. Desperately I want to get my hands on these meds. Would it be possible for a doctor to prescribe these for baldness even through theyre not targeted for baldness? Perhaps they might prescribe it as an off the shelf prescription?

If all else fails do you think I may get these drugs online without a prescription? Say from a pharmacy in Canada?

Don't do it. If your head hair has miniaturised there's basically no chance it will regrow hair anyway.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

During my BMT I seen patients on Jakafi and its not pleasant. You honestly would risk low blood count and possible of bad infections. Low blood counts mean you would need an transfusion. With respect you are insane to use this for hairloss. Any doctor that would prescribe this to you should lose his license.

Jakafi can cause serious side effects, including:

Low blood counts: Jakafi® (ruxolitinib) may cause your platelet, red blood cell, or white blood cell counts to be lowered. If you develop bleeding, stop taking Jakafi and call your healthcare provider. Your healthcare provider will perform blood tests to check your blood counts before you start Jakafi and regularly during your treatment. Your healthcare provider may change your dose of Jakafi or stop your treatment based on the results of your blood tests. Tell your healthcare provider right away if you develop or have worsening symptoms such as unusual bleeding, bruising, tiredness, shortness of breath, or a fever.

Infection: You may be at risk for developing a serious infection during treatment with Jakafi. Tell your healthcare provider if you develop any of the following symptoms of infection: chills, nausea, vomiting, aches, weakness, fever, painful skin rash or blisters.

Skin cancers: Some people who take Jakafi have developed certain types of non-melanoma skin cancers. Tell your healthcare provider if you develop any new or changing skin lesions.

Increases in cholesterol: You may have changes in your blood cholesterol levels. Your healthcare provider will do blood tests to check your cholesterol levels during your treatment with Jakafi.

The most common side effects of Jakafi include: low platelet count, low red blood cell counts, bruising, dizziness, headache.

These are not all the possible side effects of Jakafi. Ask your pharmacist or healthcare provider for more information. Tell your healthcare provider about any side effect that bothers you or that does not go away.

Before taking Jakafi, tell your healthcare provider about: all the medications, vitamins, and herbal supplements you are taking and all your medical conditions, including if you have an infection, have or had tuberculosis (TB) or have been in close contact with someone who has TB, have or had hepatitis B, have or had liver or kidney problems, are on dialysis, had skin cancer, or have any other medical condition. Take Jakafi exactly as your healthcare provider tells you. Do not change your dose or stop taking Jakafi without first talking to your healthcare provider. Do not drink grapefruit juice while on Jakafi.

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

During my BMT I seen patients on Jakafi and its not pleasant. You honestly would risk low blood count and possible of bad infections. Low blood counts mean you would need an transfusion. With respect you are insane to use this for hairloss. Any doctor that would prescribe this to you should lose his license.

Jakafi can cause serious side effects, including:

But the side effects are no different from potentially those of other meds that drug companies warn about. It is standard warning across all meds. I completely understand what you are trying to relay to me. But what of those patients who partook in the long term study? They regrew hair and they must have experienced some side effects. But not to the extent that you are describing. What are your thoughts on that?

At the end you do what you want to do. You want to compare finasteride to Jakafi? I am not a doctor and just gave my opinion. Good luck whatever you decide.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

At the end you do what you want to do. You want to compare finasteride to Jakafi? I am not a doctor and just gave my opinion. Good luck whatever you decide.

Where did I compare finasteride to Jakafi? I am just asking for your additional opinion. You copy and pasted side effects info which I have read before creating this thread. But you do not go into further detail about my inquiry.

Have you tried Finasteride already? That and Minoxidil are the only FDA approved drugs that halt hairloss.

I have seen no one come on here and talk about those drugs you want. If they worked you would think it would be an oft-discussed topic.

However, your question was

Would it be possible for a doctor to prescribe these for baldness even through they're not targeted for baldness?
I would think any doctor with an ounce of ethics and a desire to maintain his license would say 'no'.

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

This is f'ing insane don't do it

(*message is not only directed at you but others who read the thread, these can be dangerous drugs as already indicated)

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

You know you can have a transplant using someone else hair. There is a good chance it will all growth as long as you take the drugs. Anti rejection drugs amongst other drugs. You will have more hair but your liver and kidney will have problems. Your blood counts will continue to drop amongst other problems but really no big deal all in the name of hair.

That and Minoxidil are the only FDA approved drugs that halt hairloss.

I have seen no one come on here and talk about those drugs you want. If they worked you would think it would be an oft-discussed topic.

'.

Yes I understand. But the Yale studies confirm that the drugs have shown to regrow hair. And yes I know they are not FDA stamped. Importantly, I want to piont out that there are drugs that are prescribed by doctors for off-the-shelf use. That is why I wanted to know if such drugs could also be used as off-the-shelf for regrowing hair.

That is why I wanted to know if such drugs could also be used as off-the-shelf for regrowing hair.

If they could, no doubt someone would be making billions.

I am totally unfamiliar with the drugs or the study you cite, but the problem I see is that casual use of a drug for effects not intended in it's clinical use could be possibly harmful in ways that may not be apparent.

For example, a High Blood Pressure drug that is found to grow hair sounds good, but if the user does not present with High Blood Pressure, you would risk then lowering his normal BP to possible harmful levels - and that in turn could lead to other complications. In that same example, some HBP drugs are not very kind to the kidneys in long term use (personal experience, sad to day) so not needing HBP meds and using them would subject you to additional complications.

And that just my 2 cents. YMMV.

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.