Propecia not working after 10 years & with increased dosage

rockrockrock

A question for any docs on the board, I've been taking Propecia for over 10 years and now it has stopped working, I've increased the dosage and this has not had any affect either.

Hope to hear any thoughts/recommendations from anyone :)

I've been on it for 12 years and not hit that point yet. I was advised to have a break from it for a week twice a year so that your body doesn't become immune to its effect. So perhaps try having a week off and reintroducing it.

First Transplant: 5000 FUE grafts with Dr Koray Erdogan ASMED, December 2016

First Hair Transplant link: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/185564-5000-grafts-fue-13th-14th-december-asmed-dr-erdogan.html

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Pumpkin Seed Oil 1000mg daily

1% Nizoral shampoo weekly

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

Dutasteride

Agree with that as the next alternative if Fin isn't working. Just be careful of the sides as they're apparently stronger than those with Fin, and some say there are higher chances of being irreversible.

Are you losing major ground btw, and have you ruled out a seasonal or other temporary shed?

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

broscience

What does that even mean??

It may be BS but that's what I was told. Pretty sure your body builds up immunity to most medications over time though so may be some legs in it.

First Transplant: 5000 FUE grafts with Dr Koray Erdogan ASMED, December 2016

First Hair Transplant link: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/185564-5000-grafts-fue-13th-14th-december-asmed-dr-erdogan.html

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Pumpkin Seed Oil 1000mg daily

1% Nizoral shampoo weekly

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

What does that even mean??

It may be BS but that's what I was told. Pretty sure your body builds up immunity to most medications over time though so may be some legs in it.

Its bullshit.

rock,

Just a quick question. But are you taking actual Propecia or Proscar? And are you taking name band or generic? Because there has been issues reported with generic finasteride, in particular, generic Proscar. So if you switched to generic anytime recently, that may be your problem?

Best wishes,

Bill

• 2 weeks later...

Eventually, all great things must come to an end :/ I'd say look into financing for future FUE procedures. I took that action and was the best decision I ever made.

Good luck!

Richter101 is a former patient of Dr. Parsa Mohebi

Born Oct ’89

Began Seeing Gradual Hair Loss Oct ’09

Began Seeing Gradual Hair Gain June ’15

My regimen includes:

HT #1 2200 (ARTAS- FUE) grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in 2016

Finasteride daily, since 2014

Rogaine experimenter from 2012- ’13 RIP

Planning HT #2 By End of This Year :)