PRP vs. Acell. Which is better?

This question doesn't really make sense. You might want to read a little bit more on the subject.

I do not follow. How does it not make sense. The question simply asks which creates more hair density. PRP and Acell both have shown to regrow hair. But I have not seen any info comparing the two as to which creates more hair density in the long run.

Does anyone else know? I would like to read your informed answers.

Edited by milo12

Milo,

Welcome to our community. I agree with the others at this question doesn't make sense. For starters, you are comparing apples and oranges, they are both use for different things. Secondly, neither one promote density. So perhaps you can tell us what you are trying to accomplish and then we can possibly help you meet your objectives and goals.

Best wishes,

Bill

Milo,

Welcome to our community. I agree with the others at this question doesn't make sense. For starters, you are comparing apples and oranges, they are both use for different things. Secondly, neither one promote density. So perhaps you can tell us what you are trying to accomplish and then we can possibly help you meet your objectives and goals.

l

Respectfully I beg to greatly differ. PRP and Acell have both been shown to regrow hair. Take a look at the link. It shows case studies of patients who have taken them and regrown hair. I have even visited hair transplant clinic sites that offer such services as part of their restoration protocal. Again do take a look at the case studies in the link. It will help convince you that they do regrow your hair.

TrichoStem

The site literally has images trying to claim that Acell regrew hair inside Donor strip scars without mentioning any other form of treatment they had.

The results at the bottom that show the most regrowth also mention that the grafts were dipped in Acell, so they have more hair because of a transplant rather than just Acell.

The results at the bottom that show the most regrowth also mention that the grafts were dipped in Acell, so they have more hair because of a transplant rather than just Acell.

But don't you think that the patient should have yielded more hair given that the follicles were dipped in Acell? The scalp does look somewhat sparse from the photos.

I wonder if PRP is better than Acell.

Neither one are effectively proven to regrow hair from completely bald areas. A cell has been used in a process called her duplication so that when hair was literally plot from the scalp out the route, in conjunction with a cell and transplanted, there was evidence of some growth. PRP also has shown some promise in treating hair loss. But I would not really put these two next to each other and compare them in terms of effectiveness neither one have been proven. I stand by my original statement

Bill

Neither one are effectively proven to regrow hair from completely bald areas. A cell has been used in a process called her duplication so that when hair was literally plot from the scalp out the route, in conjunction with a cell and transplanted, there was evidence of some growth. PRP also has shown some promise in treating hair loss. But I would not really put these two next to each other and compare them in terms of effectiveness neither one have been proven.

Bill

Oh no! I am not saying that PRP or Acell could regrow hair from complete baldness. What I am saying is that in conjunction with hair transplant surgery it may be more effective in regrowing more hair than hair transplantation alone.

But why not compare PRP to Acell? Surely both have their merit. But perhaps one may yield more hair regrowth than the other. I am willing to bet that PRP grows more hair than Acell from the few images I have seen. However in order to make a good comparision I would have to dig deeper into this.

If anyone else has any info about this topic please post your comment. I would love to read it.

Does anyone know which is better for creating density? PRP or Acell?

I understand your question completely. Let's end this here then.

They BOTH have the same effect.

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

I understand your question completely. Let's end this here then.

They BOTH have the same effect.

No let us not. And do not troll.

This is a potentially good treatment combined with hair transplantation. Such info can help patients grow more hair than just hair transplantation alone. This is why it is important to explore this area to help the thinning man or woman out there. This forum exists to help those who need such info.

Acell and PRP both possess properties that regrow hair. But for the would-be patient - like myself - curious enough to get either as treatment the info is invaluable.

So I did look more into PRP treatment today. I read they are using a gel help keep PRP from migrating around in order to maintain its effectiveness. This can help regrow more hair it appears.

If I find out more info I will you interested guys and gals know.

No let us not. And do not troll.

That is exactly what Taurisrisen would say - he always reacts and accuses anyone who challenges him a troll or trolling.

David it's definitely him

You obviously don't know me apparently. I wasn't being a troll, I was just being avuncular.

Now you go and research whatever you want in support of your future decision. Just make the right one.

Don't let little things like what the publisher of this site says deter you from your quest.

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

You obviously don't know me apparently. I wasn't being a troll, I was just being avuncular.

Now you go and research whatever you want in support of your future decision. Just make the right one.

Don't let little things like what the publisher of this site says deter you from your quest.

Well apologies are in order then. Appreciate the feedback. Just have to be careful with a couple of trolls bothering the newcomers.

Thank you for the concern and confidence. Much appreciated.