Hold Off On Minoxidil with post op redness

baldbeard

hi guys as the post says,

I am supposed to start minoxidil today but what concerns me is it looks like im one of those with lingering redness , its fading but very slowly and it stands out quite alot.

now i dont want to impede my growth , and ive never used minox before so what are your thoughts ? give it a try or hold off . I certainly dont want the redness to be any worse or prolong it , but if the minox is going to speed things up and help growth then should i use it ?

top.thumb.jpg.8f6bedd49929860812127f168549b044.jpg

I would stay off of it, as it can cause shedding and also scalp irritation.

Don't think it's required at all, as your HT results will be based on your surgeon's skill and maybe also being on Fin for native hair boost.

Some past posts on it:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/169699-minox-after-hair-transplant-really-required.html

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/175316-minox-use-after-transplant.html

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/175431-still-shedding-after-stopping-minoxidil.html

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

• Administrators

Post op redness I feel has more to do with pale skin, I have an olive complexion and never experienced any redness post op, I applied minoxidil on all of my surgeries at the two week mark and didn't experience any redness. I know of guys who never took minoxidil and experienced redness for months the one thing all these guys had in common was fair hair and complexion.

I would recommend discussing this with your surgeon if he/she feels you should get off minoxidil then do it.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I tend to agree htsoon

if you look at my photo my brow is quite brown where its had sun exposure but the original color of my scalp skin which you can see on the non operated crown area is really white, apart from this my skin everywhere else is darker and not sensitive , trust me to have really sensitive scalp skin , I think its going to take some time to go back to normal unfortunately

I was just concerned that without the minoxidil my growth would be affected as this was recommended by my surgeon

bb

• 1 month later...

I'd stay off as well. You're supposed to avoid things that can irritate you. Also, are you taking finasteride? This will dramatically help, especially can be useful to minimize shedding phase a bit.

Richter101 is a former patient of Dr. Parsa Mohebi

Born Oct ’89

Began Seeing Gradual Hair Loss Oct ’09

Began Seeing Gradual Hair Gain June ’15

My regimen includes:

HT #1 2200 (ARTAS- FUE) grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in 2016

Finasteride daily, since 2014

Rogaine experimenter from 2012- ’13 RIP

Planning HT #2 By End of This Year :)

Your most likely going to have to be patient with the redness. It will fade with time. I'm a fair skinned and blonde hair guy and the redness lingered quite a while. Be patient. You can visit my before/afters from back in 2012 to see when the redness dissipated on me. Visit MyFUEhairtransplant.com Keep us posted on this website forum with updates.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.