2850 Grafts - Dr Alba Reyes - Dominican Republic

zhairz

What's up guys, I am starting my thread here for all interested in the results of my procedure with Dr Alba Reyes in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic.

You can find the review of my experience with the excellent Dr Reyes and all of her wonderful staff in my other thread in the surgeon reviews forum here.

This has so far been the slowest 3 months of my life, definitely feels more like 6 months to a year has passed since I left the DR to return to NY. I stopped obsessing over my hair or taking photos daily and accepted that I'll look like a newly balding dude for a while.

I feel for everyone in the same position now and wish the best to everyone going through this phase!

I am attaching photos from pre-op day of surgery, 1, 2 and 3 months post op. As I post this thread I am at exactly 3 calendar months post op.

My current regimen:

.25 Propecia

Lots of freaking vitamins

Lots of freaking water

3 Months seems to be a turning point for me as it is for most, so my fingers are crossed. I'll be posting my photos outside so you guys can get as much detail as possible. thanks to all for the great reviews and info on this site

transplant_bf.jpg.230ef68bd32e1fa2ff29aa2eb739b92c.jpg

1_month.jpg.25a1c6ecfef585cfe4a0a01e08113471.jpg

2_month.jpg.2d55b5eb961a4848cc40bef57e6b5268.jpg

3_month.jpg.a768b27c3addea8ff471ce86adbeecd0.jpg

Looks like your shock loss of the native hair is almost gone and things should just be uphill from here.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Just wanted update this early as my hair is looking better every day now that I have reached a week past the 3 month mark. Under normal lighting indoors I look like I have a full head of thinning hair - never thought I'd be excited to admit to that lol but things are coming together nicely.

Will update with more photos in 20 days when I hit the 4 month mark, thanks all for comments!

• 3 weeks later...
Love the hairline desing, she She makes very good hairlines, very natural.

Who does the operation? The dr or assistants?

There are many good cases on your website.

As I remember a technician performed most of the procedure while the doctor hovered overseeing things. I actually asked the technician how long he'd been performing HT's and he answered 10-15 years (sorry that I don't remember exactly).

So today marks 4 calendar months exactly since my surgery. Things have definitely progressed nicely over the past couple of weeks, but I've still got a little ways to go.

I am posting photos in all different lighting conditions for all interested.

in_4mo.jpg.bf47b50c662e58709950b529b97e7118.jpg

lt_4mo.jpg.54b85e77e6c5cd443ceb3f7ba6f40868.jpg

rt_4mo.jpg.e645edbad9d46bdb18623e77363f6243.jpg

ot_4mo.jpg.b547949a3dcf6f86f113875db4d8c327.jpg

dm_4mo.jpg.be38a5494aaa35183058fcbe7e3bbb8d.jpg

Glad to hear you've had a good experience. I always wonder why her name doesn't come up more often on this forum. I had 2,270 grafts/4,600 hairs strip surgery about a year and a half ago and couldn't be happier. Have two other friends that have been to her also with great results.

What's up guys, I am starting my thread here for all interested in the results of my procedure with Dr Alba Reyes in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic.

You can find the review of my experience with the excellent Dr Reyes and all of her wonderful staff in my other thread in the surgeon reviews forum here.

This has so far been the slowest 3 months of my life, definitely feels more like 6 months to a year has passed since I left the DR to return to NY. I stopped obsessing over my hair or taking photos daily and accepted that I'll look like a newly balding dude for a while.

I feel for everyone in the same position now and wish the best to everyone going through this phase!

I am attaching photos from pre-op day of surgery, 1, 2 and 3 months post op. As I post this thread I am at exactly 3 calendar months post op.

My current regimen:

.25 Propecia

Lots of freaking vitamins

Lots of freaking water

3 Months seems to be a turning point for me as it is for most, so my fingers are crossed. I'll be posting my photos outside so you guys can get as much detail as possible. thanks to all for the great reviews and info on this site

Thanks for sharing the updates. Looks good thus far. Do you have any immediate post-op photos?

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC Clinic's European branch.

Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

London, United Kingdom - Available (Sat.)

Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Saturday)

Bologna, Italy - Available (Saturday)

Brussles, Belgium - Available (Sun.-Sat.) *No Fee*

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So I finally hit the 6 month mark today and am pretty stoked about my hair. If it's natural, dry and curly it's very difficult to see my scalp at all.

The attached photos however are with emu oil, which I sleep with in my hair nearly every night. You can also see the difference where my hair is brushed back versus curly.

I think that I will return to Dra Reyes this summer to lower my hairline a tad more before being done. It's amazing how easy it is to adjust to a new hairline and want more! Overall I have 0 regrets except that I wish I'd gone sooner.

6_mo_f.jpg.b94ba430bf1c62aca6c049ca3d1a12d8.jpg

6_mo_s.jpg.c01dda93d1351cb1fc2b9cb1e1b359ef.jpg