How effective is FUE-into-scar?

So, on a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being essentially useless, 5 being hit or miss, 10 being miracle solution), would you rate the effectiveness of having an FUE-into-scar procedure for a scar that is visible after a strip procedure?

Also, does FUE-into-scar allow someone to wear their hair shorter on the sides? For example, if someone can get away with a #4 guard with their scar, could a procedure such as this allow them to get away with a #3 guard?

Hi Jeff,

During one of my procedures with Dr. Konior he transplanted around 100 multiple hair grafts into my old Bosley scar which grew in well. He said there was a risk for some not growing into the scar tissue but mine all grew in.

I also subsequently had some SMP into it as well, the best approach I think is combination of SMP and FUE.

And yes this helps me to cut my hair much shorter in the back where the scar was.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Its certainly not as much of a sure thing as putting hair into virgin scalp.

Here's a video of a talk I gave a few years ago. I think we're 14 for 14 in putting hair in scar in this video. I've seen 3 or 4 more back since then doing ok, including my son, and I posted his case in April on the forums. In fact his problem now is that TOO much of his FUE into the scar has grown and he now has a thick patch on the side of his head....

Dr. Lindsey

William H. Lindsey, MD, FACS

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

So, on a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being essentially useless, 5 being hit or miss, 10 being miracle solution), would you rate the effectiveness of having an FUE-into-scar procedure for a scar that is visible after a strip procedure?

Also, does FUE-into-scar allow someone to wear their hair shorter on the sides? For example, if someone can get away with a #4 guard with their scar, could a procedure such as this allow them to get away with a #3 guard?

The scar will determine the viability of the grafts. Can you provide any characteristics and details of any particular scar?

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC Clinic's European branch.

Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

London, United Kingdom - Available (Sat.)

Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Saturday)

Bologna, Italy - Available (Saturday)

Brussles, Belgium - Available (Sun.-Sat.) *No Fee*

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Placing FUE grafts into scar tissue is much less predictable than grafting into virgin scalp tissue. I have had some remarkable cases and also some that did not take as well. A lot depends on the quality of the patients hair. Thinner/finer hairs generally have a lower survival rate compared to medium and coarse hair types.

For me FUE is the best procedure with respect to Pain & scars.

It depends upon the surgeon how efficiently he or she would do your transplantation.

In my case it was awesome by D. Vikas from Delhi, India