Dr. Hasson/7185 grafts/FUT stage 6/full coverage/7.5 months post-op.

This 40 year old patient from Vancouver had several friends who had previously had hair transplants with Dr. Hasson. Finally after years of consideration and then seeing his friend’s results, he decided it was time for his turn. 7.5 months and 7185 grafts later, he was very pleased with the result and impact to his appearance. The breakdown: Single hair grafts: 2579, Doubles: 4201, Multiples: 405. Hair texture: medium/coarse. This is also a good illustration that if the strip is removed properly with the right surgeon, the width of the strip should not correlate to the width of the scar. In this case, some areas of the strip were 4 centimeters wide. As you can see, the scar is a non-issue and hard to see. In cases such as this that require a large number of grafts to cover a large area, FUT is still King.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

I am a salaried employee of Hasson and Wong since 2001. Opinions expressed are my own.

Hassonandwong.com

Is this a local pt? I would love to see his 12 months to compare the density from 7.5 to 12 mo.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I agree with spanker. I thought the density would be better with 7k grafts...

I was thinking the same exact thing...very thin density and very high hairline for so many grafts. Maybe much improved at month 12?

1,792 graft FUE with Dr. James Harris (Denver, Colorado) on April 2-3, 2015

313 graft FUE with Dr. James Harris (Denver, Colorado) on May 3, 2016 to make it perfect!!!

I am not knocking the density...my point behind it is that we see a lot of posts of guys between 6 and 8 months wondering if they will get more. I believe this guy will. Because there is so much area covered, the "more" you get will be more visible I believe so I think this will be a good case to show it on.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Wow, amazing results! Thanks for sharing Doug
Great coverage!

I agree Trashpanda/David! Thanks for the comments

does he have any grafts left?

Dr. Hasson estimates about 2,500 grafts left

Very nice. Patient must be thrilled.

Do you have a pic of the donor area?

Yes he is very happy!

Here is a pic of both before and after

BL-DrHasson-7185grafts-back.jpg

Is this a local pt? I would love to see his 12 months to compare the density from 7.5 to 12 mo.

He is local; I will try and get him in at the 1 year mark

As far as the density issue, we'll see how much improvement in the coming months but I'm not sure what one should expect in this case. This density is pretty good considering the texture of the hair and amount of virtually bald skin that was covered. The patient wanted complete coverage rather than ultra-dense packing in the front leaving an incomplete crown. Any lowering of the hairline and increase in the density up front would not have achieved his desired end result. I think sometimes these big numbers can deceive. In the end a stage 6 that is basically completely bald needs 6-8,000 grafts just to get complete coverage. Complete coverage throughout and high density? Not likely in a case such as this. While it may not appear to be as dense as expected, I have to say in person it looks very good and the impact to his appearance and life was profound. Maybe most importantly, the wife likes it :-)

I am a salaried employee of Hasson and Wong since 2001. Opinions expressed are my own.

Hassonandwong.com