Has anyone been to Dr Knudsen in Sydney recently?

Transhair

So, I recently had a phone consult with Dr Shapiro, and during the consult he very highly recommended Dr Knudsen, even describing him as a preferable option over travelling overseas.

So I'm just curious if anyone has seen him recently? Definitely consulting with him due to the recommendation, as it'd be great to have someone see me in person to discuss my options over someone just looking at my photos.

Definitely more looking for surgery overseas for the very best surgeon possible, but opinions on him could be nice.

• 1 month later...

Hi Transhair,

I know your post is from some time ago but just wondering if you ended up doing a HT?

I'm a fellow Aussie and looking at doing a procedure but just don't know where to go. I have heard Knudsen is good but then a lot of people are mentioning overseas surgeons.

A bit lost at the moment and any help would be greatly appreciated as I don't want to pick the wrong person to do the work.

Thanks

Hi HRSN1,

Thanks for the reply. Have you had a procedure done? Had any experiences good or bad with doctors?

Anyone you would strongly recommend?

Look forward to hearing back. It's very hard decision to know who to see

First of all avoid FUT. I had mine with Knudsen and was a big mistake, not to mention result was below average.

Look for FUE providers ie Dr Ray comes to mind, someone had a FUE operation with him in this forum and quite happy.

Doesn't Dr Knudsen utilize the Artas Robot for FUE? I think he is one of only two Australian Dr's to have an Artas? As that does all the harvesting & manual FUE isn't required he shouldn't need "FUE Skills" should he?

It is my understanding that a lot of the top US Dr's including Dr Alexander use the Artas robot so wouldn't that level the playing field a lot?

I think go overseas unless you want to fork out thousands more for similar or less result. Check the forum database for recommended FUE providers.

I can tell you this with FUT you will be stuck with a scar for life! It's so hard to get rid of it even with SMP or FUE on it. You can't shave your head or even buzz cut. With FUE even if you had a failure or more hair loss later still you can buzz cut or shave down to look normal, with FUT you can't

• 4 years later...

Oh wow, that's a horrible result. Yeah I saw the 651 graft case and was a bit shaken. I figured it might just be a one off case, patient had thin hair and wanted more coverage for less money, but maybe I am just justifying it on his behalf.

I have already paid a 2k deposit for the procedure with Knudsen and am starting to want to pull out.

Edited by _lshy

21 minutes ago, _lshy said:

Oh wow, that's a horrible result. Yeah I saw the 651 graft case and was a bit shaken. I figured it might just be a one off case, patient had thin hair and wanted more coverage for less money, but maybe I am just justifying it on his behalf.

I have already paid a 2k deposit for the procedure with Knudsen and am starting to want to pull out.

If I remember correctly @Gatsbyhas some info on Knudsen. Any doubts then maybe it’s possible to get your deposit back? 

• Administrators

@_lshy dude stop bumping old threads. I’ve had to tell you this now 3 times. If you’re not confident in the surgeon or haven’t researched him thoroughly on our forum (a trusted source of information) cancel or reschedule your procedure. Trying to cram a bunch of information before February is the WRONG way to go about this, it’s surgery, you’re not buying a dishwasher. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Valued Contributor
On 1/29/2021 at 3:27 PM, _lshy said:

Does anyone have results from Dr Knudsen they can share? I have a procedure booked in for mid February and am feeling hesitant

If this strikes up in you (with a surgeon) then that's telling you this surgeon/s is not the one for me. The only way you can resolve this is research, research and further research. Remember the old adage that you can always get a hair transplant 'tomorrow.'