temple point, luxury or important?

I think if you have recessed temple points and have the grafts to have them addressed, then it is ideal to have them done. They have to be done right and be wary of the doctor using a thick eyeliner to trace you a design. They may deliberately confuse you to the actual placement and angle by drawing a very thick line. Id say 350-400 grafts would define those temples. Not all docs can master the temples, this includes some recommended ones. Very few can nail it and create properly defined ones. Look at doctors that are extremely good at facial framing, esp those that are successful on larger cases. Good Luck.

• 1 month later...

Guys, i still cant let go of the thought of getting my temples fixed. Still not sure if its worth wasting the grafts on the temples or opt for thicker front.

How many grafts would it take to fill in this much on each side?

Address the front and maybe temple corners, then on a final procedure do the temporal peaks as icing on the cake.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Address the front and maybe temple corners, then on a final procedure do the temporal peaks as icing on the cake.

Dr Wong told me he wouldn't do the temple corners without the temporal peaks ( triangles). He said I will look funny having temple corners filled up but without temporal peaks (straight line).

Filled in the temple points with a dark pen and it really framed my face good. It made a huge difference :) Made me really happy.

I think its worth spending a 100-250 on each side. Will try to get it fixed with the top in one sitting.

I wasnt more than 0.5 cm into the forhead and mage a huge difference. Think it was more like 0.35 cm.

Dr Wong told me he wouldn't do the temple corners without the temporal peaks ( triangles). He said I will look funny having temple corners filled up but without temporal peaks (straight line).

That's a good point.

In this case, OP seems to have decent hair in the "temple point" area which recedes back into the temple corners a bit far, so I would try to address the hairline and then some temple corners (which need more work) as a priority, with remaining grafts added into "temple points" later.

Anyway seems he already has a good game plan in place.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

go dense or go home

Temple corners are an essential part of the hairline, but the front hairline is the most important.

Temple peaks are key for a natural younger look and require fewer grafts, but few doctors do this area very well.

go dense or go home

Temple corners are the "corners" or edges of your hairline.

Temple peaks or points are your sides, sometimes also called temporal peaks.

Temple corners are an essential part of the hairline, but the front hairline is the most important. Temple peaks are key for a natural younger look and require fewer grafts, but few doctors do this area very well.

This is what I did about my temple corners with a Fue procedure with Dr. Bisanga:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/hsrp10/albums/4889/29046

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/hsrp10/albums/4889/29045

Using Dr. Konior's patient as an example to show each region:

temples.jpg.690f348be7bf915e1c345da652eb5c0b.jpg

go dense or go home

Temple corners are the "corners" or edges of your hairline.

Temple peaks or points are your sides, sometimes also called temporal peaks.

Temple corners are an essential part of the hairline, but the front hairline is the most important. Temple peaks are key for a natural younger look and require fewer grafts, but few doctors do this area very well.

This is what I did about my temple corners with a Fue procedure with Dr. Bisanga:

Hair Restoration Social Network ? Community for and by Hair Loss Patients

Hair Restoration Social Network ? Community for and by Hair Loss Patients

Using Dr. Konior's patient as an example to show each region:

The temple peaks are the triangles pointing to your eyebrows. Someone with receded temple peaks like me will have a straight line. It didn't bother me much as I needed more grafts to add more density to the crown.

The temporal points must be done at perfect angulations or it won't look natural.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY