Is Bisanga generally considered the best FUE surgeon?

Transhair

So, consults on my situation have all recommended FUE more highly than strip due to my scar being unfortunately wide (5mm mostly, 7mm at the wider areas). Starting scalp exercises asap to work on that laxity wise.

While I definitely want to remove the strip, maybe a strip removal with FUE at the same time might be best.

So, if going the FUE method, would Bisanga be more desirable compared to going to Hasson&Wong or Konior. Is Bisanga good at strip also?

Transhair,

People have been asking "who is the best surgeon" for over 10 years and my response is always this. While I believe there is a class or group or excellent surgeons, it's not a matter of determining who is the "best", it's about determining who is the "best" for YOU!

That said, Dr. Bisanga is outstanding and in my opinion, you should definitely consider him for your next hair transplant procedure.

Best wishes,

Bill

So, consults on my situation have all recommended FUE more highly than strip due to my scar being unfortunately wide (5mm mostly, 7mm at the wider areas). Starting scalp exercises asap to work on that laxity wise.

While I definitely want to remove the strip, maybe a strip removal with FUE at the same time might be best.

So, if going the FUE method, would Bisanga be more desirable compared to going to Hasson&Wong or Konior. Is Bisanga good at strip also?

Bisanga is a great surgeon...I agree that there is no "best", and just a best for you.

Lorenzo was way up there for a while too, but we don't see him on this site as much, but that doesn't mean his work isn't still as good.

That said, I don't know if you are going to find a doc too keen on doing a scar revision with FUE into the scar at the same time...I think that would be best to be staged.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

hi Transhair,

Dr. Bisanga does both FUE and FUT, and I believe he is one of the best in the world at FUE.

That said, he takes a conservative approach and you had mentioned before that you had limited donor, so that may be a factor in how aggressive he could be in your case.

I also agree with Spanker, I think a second FUT with Konior/Hasson etc. to correct the current donor scar would be a better option than FUE.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

The issue is that the scar is very wide and after 2 FUT, definitely tight.

An Australian surgeon said that 600 could be done and -maybe- 1200 with laxity exercises, but Konior recommended exclusive FUE, still waiting in responses from Dr Wong and Rahal.

So I'm looking at the idea of elite FUE surgeons who can also excise the strip at the same time.

Have you contacted BHR and Dr. Bisanga?

Their English language rep Stephane (poster SL here) is on break/leave of absence and their Spanish speaking rep Daniel is available in place of him, he was very helpful in setting up my temple-point procedure.

Removing the strip and then doing FUE at the same time seems like a lot of stress and trauma to the scalp but I guess some surgeons could pull it off (no pun intended).

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

I haven't contacted him yet. While things aren't good at 8 months, I'm mainly waiting until 10 months to have more of a 'final' result before jumping in fully and just researching everyone I possible can for now.

Kind of narrowing it down to Hasson/Wong, Konior, Bisanga, Shapiros, Rahal and having the list grow, shrink and change depending what see in that time.

Don't rush into getting fue and a scar revision on the same day, the scar revision will yeild some grafts that can be used on you're hairline, then 12 months later go back for fue to the hairline, and maybe a bit into the hopefully thinner scar to conceal it further.