Head wear on way home from airport?

I'm just preparing to have a FUE in Turkey in the middle of October.

I'm traveling from the UK so have quite a few hours on the train and plane.

What do people think i should wear on my head? Would a very loose hat be suitable or perhaps just a headband that sort of goes up like a Christmas cracker party hat that doesn't touch the grafts?

Does anyone have any links where i could buy a hat cheaply?

That Christmas Party Cracker Hat (style) is ideal. Something with lots of headroom and a loose fit - not snug. Stay away from the Carmen Miranda hat unless you get a bit peckish.

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

I was given a very loose-fitting baseball cap from Darling Buds to wear home. Some folks choose to wear a surgical cap or bandana.

There are multiple options depending upon what you're comfortable with. I suggest asking your hair transplant surgeon.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

I chose to wear a cotton bandana lightly tied to protect my grafts and a loose fitting bucket hat that just flopped on top of my head. It was perfect if you wanted to remain discrete and I recommend the same to all patients.

I'd ask the doctor to bandage your head, both for its own protection, your comfort, and so that security will leave your head alone and not ask you to remove a cap etc.

You can also have them write you a note explaining why you're bandaged if security/ customs wants to inspect your bandaged head.

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016

I think a soft cotton bandage as mentioned by Speegs covering the recipient area (hiding it but not touching it) with tape to your forehead in areas far away the new grafts to keep it in place is the best idea.

You want to get those precious new grafts home and safe without accidentally rubbing a hat on them or a cloth bandana etc sticking to the blood and having to pull that off when home.

Remember to bring your doctor letter in your carry on just in case they ask you what happened (this happened to me last procedure).

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)