Should I address my crown/ vertex ?

GRIGRIMAN

3 years ago I had 3,000 FUE with Dr Christian Bisanga at the BHR Clinic to address my hairline & frontal third & I was very satisfied with the results.

I plan a second HT to address my crown & I would appreciate your advise: should do this now or wait?

The reason I ask is because I do have hair in the crown & I therefore have 2 considerations:

1) Will the HT destroy the hair I have in the crown now?

2) Should I wait until the crown progresses into a more mature bald spot?

I am 42 years old. I use Regaine & I have decided against using Propecia.

I would be grateful for your thoughts.

image.jpeg.4ff8c4ad7a99ded23a9ad7d01a581e9a.jpeg

Edited by GRIGRIMAN

Keep the density low and the hair is less likely to be shocked from surgery trauma. At your age, you should still maintain a conservative approach as you address this region. Hair in your crown is growing in every direction, and you should realize that the crown consumes more grafts than you may realize.

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC Clinic's European branch.

Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

London, United Kingdom - Available (Sat.)

Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Saturday)

Bologna, Italy - Available (Saturday)

Brussles, Belgium - Available (Sun.-Sat.) *No Fee*

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Keep the density low and the hair is less likely to be shocked from surgery trauma. At your age, you should still maintain a conservative approach as you address this region. Hair in your crown is growing in every direction, and you should realize that the crown consumes more grafts than you may realize.

Thank you WHTC Clinic. I have visited the clinic to meet Dr Mwamba & I am grateful for your advice.

Hi Grigriman,

I would agree with what WHTC clinic says. They appears to be spaces to safely implant the grafts without doing damage to the surrounding hairs. Do you feel that the crown has got much worse in the last two years? Do you think Regaine is holding things for you?

I would be very cautious about placing many hairs in the crown as although your sides look quite strong now what happens if they drop and the crown opens up. Would need a in person consultation to be able to see if this was a likelihood in the near future.

Senior Patient Advisor for Dr Edward Ball of The Maitland Clinic.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of The Maitland Clinic.

Formerly Garageland of Hasson & Wong with 20 years of history in Hair Restoration.

Meet with myself for a free consultation and advice in London on June 21st 2018.

Hi Grigriman,

I would agree with what WHTC clinic says. They appears to be spaces to safely implant the grafts without doing damage to the surrounding hairs. Do you feel that the crown has got much worse in the last two years? Do you think Regaine is holding things for you?

I would be very cautious about placing many hairs in the crown as although your sides look quite strong now what happens if they drop and the crown opens up. Would need a in person consultation to be able to see if this was a likelihood in the near future.

Thank you for the response David & I agree I should proceed with caution.

My hair loss in my crown doesn't seem to have progressed much in the past 2 years. Difficult to know if Regaine has had much impact but it hasn't made it worse.

Thanks for the information and good to hear that the crown loss seems quite stable it would depend on what your total donor area still has to give keeping some in reserve for future loss.

Senior Patient Advisor for Dr Edward Ball of The Maitland Clinic.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of The Maitland Clinic.

Formerly Garageland of Hasson & Wong with 20 years of history in Hair Restoration.

Meet with myself for a free consultation and advice in London on June 21st 2018.

Thanks for the information and good to hear that the crown loss seems quite stable it would depend on what your total donor area still has to give keeping some in reserve for future loss.

I believe I have 3,000-4,000 grafts left in the bank.

I don't have time to get out the MS paint, but what are your thoughts of doing just the front have of the crown, basically stopping around where the head starts to slope down? I think this could be beneficial without blowing too many grafts. I would keep about 2k grafts in the bank for maintenance of your previous work.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I don't have time to get out the MS paint, but what are your thoughts of doing just the front have of the crown, basically stopping around where the head starts to slope down? I think this could be beneficial without blowing too many grafts. I would keep about 2k grafts in the bank for maintenance of your previous work.

Thank you Spanker. Yes - this may be the way to go.