Rahal, Hasson/Wong and Konior

So, nearing 8 months post HT and having near 0 growth in most places still, I'm looking into my last try hair transplant of about 600 grafts to just thicken up the recipient by about 20FU/cm in hopes of it being enough to look half dense (Worst area is 28FU/cm and best is 43FU/cm, so an increase of 20 should be ok). My donor area is already much more noticeably thin compared to by starting point, so I don't exactly have much hair to work with anymore. I have a consult with an Australian surgeon in a few days to see if I even have enough grafts left for a small surgery like this or if my bad growth was caused by having an awful physiology.

Money isn't really an issue and I'm looking more into which surgeon could be considered 'the best' and these 3 seem to be the best, especially for FUT surgery. I prefer the idea of going to Canada as it's basically Australia with snow, but Chicago seems alright.

From all that I've looked into, Konior is by far the most expensive, but he has a lot of female HT before and afters. Hotel looks eh, but it's very close to the clinic. He also seems to be very hands on and has that special way of doing the incisions and planting that allows for minimal scalp damage and stress. I've noticed women seem to maintain redness after surgery for longer, so maybe a surgeon used to operating on people with estrogen affected skin is a good idea.

Rahal has has the guest house which would make recovery much more smooth and a very good track record himself. I like the idea of staying until 14 days post op and receiving daily washes to have a much more controlled recovery.

Hasson and Wong have a lot of repair cases, which might be best for me having the scalp already damaged by 2 hair transplants. They also have that nice 'best FUT surgeons' award advertised on their site. Doesn't affect my opinion on them, but they also charge their prices in USD despite being Canadian, is that due to the lower CAD value recently?

Given the possibility of going to any of these surgeons, or really any hair transplant surgeon at all, who would you pick as 'the absolute best'.

Edit: Also should mention that I'm not trying to incite a flame war, so if anyone plans on having a 'nuh uh, this surgeon is best argument like a 12 year old fighting between playstations and xboxs, pls don't'

Edited by Transhair

If it's a one-shot only chance with donor hair running out and transplanting into existing hair, my money is on Dr. Konior and not on the techs of the other two doctors (Konior places the grafts himself)

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Being Canadian, I would have gone to HW or Rahal in a heartbeat, rather than travelling anywhere for any kind of operation/surgical procedure. You live and learn I guess.

Are you sure HW charges Canadians in USD as well? Last I heard they charge CDNs in CDN and others in USD. You should double check that. When I got my procedure done, only last year, I paid what was listed on their site but in CDN.

my money is on Dr. Konior and not on the techs of the other two doctors (Konior places the grafts himself)

funny how everybody thinks differently, because I don't see that as necessarily a positive, especially for large sessions, but being that this case involves a small amount of grafts it would be fine and most likely an excellent result.

Edited by Shampoo

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

funny how everybody thinks differently, because I don't see that as necessarily a positive, especially for large sessions, but being that this case involves a small amount of grafts it would be fine and most likely an excellent result.

Could not agree more (assuming techs have been with doc 5+ years)

3185 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 2/17/16

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/182611-fut-3185-dr-rahal-day-after-pics.html

1204 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 3/27/17

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/186586-round-2-rahal-1204-fut-frontal-third-same-area.html

---> total of 4389 grafts to my frontal third via FUT

---> 1mg finasteride daily since 1999:)