Black and Decker hair transplant

Yup, this one pops up every few years on HTN. I still remember seeing it for the first time. Those dilators ...

Dr. Blake Bloxham is recommended by the Hair Transplant Network.

Hair restoration physician - Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation

Previously "Future_HT_Doc" or "Blake_Bloxham" - forum co-moderator and editorial assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, Hair Restoration Network, Hair Loss Q&A blog, and Hair Loss Learning Center.

Click here to read my previous answers to hair loss and hair restoration questions, editorials, commentaries, and educational articles.

Now practicing hair transplant surgery with Coalition hair restoration physician Dr Alan Feller at our New York practice: Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation.

Please note: my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

I had this done back in the 90's by a coalition dr's practice at the time, Elliot & True. Once the dialtors were in, every once in a while one of the techs would put his palm over them and press them into my head because they start to work themselves out. It was pretty barbaric. I think I had zero growth and eventually met with Dr. True to discuss the procedure and my being very unhappy. He informed me that my "eye" was untrained and I had perfectly normal growth. He was totally unsympathetic and was quite pissed that I was unhappy, and made no effort to make it right. They also took the donor from too low on my head so for my second procedure (at a different clinic obviously) I was left with another smiley face scar about an inch above the first one. I think the dialtors were actually finishing nails from a hardware store. The doctor that did the procedure in Chciago was Dr. Wentland who was employed by Dr. True.

Edited by StaggerLee123

I had this done back in the 90's by a coalition dr's practice at the time, Elliot & True. Once the dialtors were in, every once in a while one of the techs would put his palm over them and press them into my head because they start to work themselves out. It was pretty barbaric. I think I had zero growth and eventually met with Dr. True to discuss the procedure and my being very unhappy. He informed me that my "eye" was untrained and I had perfectly normal growth. He was totally unsympathetic and was quite pissed that I was unhappy. They also took the donor from too low on my head so for my second procedure (at a different clinic obviously) I was left with another smiley face scar about an inch above the first one. I think the dialtors were actually finishing nails from a hardware store. The doctor that did the procedure in Chciago was Dr. Wentland who was employed by Dr. True.

Are you referring to the same Dr. True as the one recommended on here today?

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

what on earth is this? are they making slits?

The theory was that the incisions would start to close up if the dialtors weren't used making it more difficult to insert the grafts. They were so slow and ineffecient back then that they felt they needed to use them. Trusting them to work on me was one of the biggest mistakes of my life.

Yes he was partners with a Dr. Elliot, who has since retired, and ran a satellite location out of Chicago. Definitely the bad old days of hair transplantation and doing business.

I'm very sorry that you had to go through such a terrible experience. Have you since had a repair surgery?

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

The theory was that the incisions would start to close up if the dialtors weren't used making it more difficult to insert the grafts. They were so slow and ineffecient back then that they felt they needed to use them. Trusting them to work on me was one of the biggest mistakes of my life.

yeah I'm sure it was.