Dr. Lorenzo 4000 grafts FUE - 12 months

adonix

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to post a review of my experience with dr. Lorenzo. In short - it was great. Great surgeon with a great team.

Below are my pictures, pre-surgery and 12-months post surgery.

4000 grafts, 2.33 hpg, total ~9300 hairs

~2000 grafts in crown and ~2000 in frontal 1/3

Did not touch mid-scalp, might go for another session to add some additional density there

Pre:

28551_thumb.jpg

28552_thumb.jpg

12-months result:

28553.jpg

28554_thumb.jpg

28555.jpg

28556_thumb.jpg

Cheers,

Jon

Edited by adonix

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to post a review of my experience with dr. Lorenzo. In short - it was great. Great surgeon with a great team.

Below are my pictures, pre-surgery and 12-months post surgery.

4000 grafts, 2.33 hpg, total ~9300 hairs

~2000 grafts in crown and ~2000 in frontal 1/3

Did not touch mid-scalp, might go for another session to add some additional density there

Pre:

28551_thumb.jpg

28552_thumb.jpg

12-months result:

28553.jpg

28554_thumb.jpg

28555.jpg

28556_thumb.jpg

28557_thumb.jpg

Cheers,

Jon

Congrats on your HT.

Do you have some pictures taken post op Day 1 - 14 or something?

Congrats on your HT.

Do you have some pictures taken post op Day 1 - 14 or something?

Here is day 7 picture. Lorenzo put most of the 3-4-5 hair grafts in the crown and single and double ones in the front. This means that 2000 multi-hair grafts in the crown are comparable ~3000 standard grafts.

28560.jpg

Edited by adonix

Here is day 7 picture. Lorenzo put most of the 3-4-5 hair grafts in the crown and single and double ones in the front. This means that 2000 multi-hair grafts in the crown are comparable ~3000 standard grafts.

28560.jpg

Cool.

I Think the hairline is a bit thin, what do you Think about the hairline?

But overall there is defently a lot of growth.

Great results! Lots of coverage given your starting point! If you wanted you could go back for additional density.

Are you on finasteride??

Also, I like the hairline design! Was that Dr Lorenzo's choice or did you request it that way.

Propecia since July 2008

2201 Grafts with Dr Lorenzo on 19.10.22 - See my write up here:

I have to say I don't get the plan why not address the frontal third and then come back to do the crown. because now it looks thin in the middle and not in the front and the crown unless it was a personal choice of yours.

The goal was to achieve as much as possible in one go. I know i need another ~1500grafts in the middle / front 1/2 to make it perfect.

Cool.

The hairline is ok. It is a bit thinner on the right side, so i might do a touch up there. My hair is blonde and wavy, so the contrast is not high and the illusion looks better. I dont think I need very high density.

Great results! Lots of coverage given your starting point! If you wanted you could go back for additional density.

Are you on finasteride??

Also, I like the hairline design! Was that Dr Lorenzo's choice or did you request it that way.

The hairline was planned in cosultation, we discussed options, etc. i really did not want it low, and i think this is the perfect design for me.

I am on fin.

The hairline is ok. It is a bit thinner on the right side, so i might do a touch up there. My hair is blonde and wavy, so the contrast is not high and the illusion looks better. I dont think I need very high density.

Do you Think you have close to 100 % growth ?

And did you suffer from shockloss in the reciepted area from your natives hairs?

And did you notice Any improvement AFTER Month 10?

Do you Think you have close to 100 % growth ?

I would say I had 90%+ yield

And did you suffer from shockloss in the reciepted area from your natives hairs?

I did not notice any shockloss, but then my crown was pretty bald to start with. dr. Lorenzo was careful and did not go much into areas where i had healthy native hairs.

And did you notice Any improvement AFTER Month 10?

After month 10, not much to be honest.

For me the timeline was like this:

Fairly quiet until month 4.5-5.

Then between month 5 and 7 everything grew.

Between months 7 and 9 things got more mature.

Between months 9 and 10 the cycle seemed complete, and the transplanted hairs felt and looked fully mature.

Hey AJ,

Good to see your post, was thinking of you the other day and how your results turned out (I looked your name up on the members search list and it came up "no results" so I thought you maybe got off the forum).

Pics look Great! Both the crown and the front filled in awesome, I think you would be good not getting anymore done if you chose not to, but another pass and you will look like you've never lost a hair. I am six weeks post from my second surgery with Dr. Lorenzo (July 20, 21st), 2802 grafts this time (in the front and on top).....I am really in the ugly duckling stage right now but hoping for as good a result as I got in my crown.

How have people reacted to your new hair? You have to be thrilled.

Hey AJ,

Good to see your post, was thinking of you the other day and how your results turned out (I looked your name up on the members search list and it came up "no results" so I thought you maybe got off the forum).

Pics look Great! Both the crown and the front filled in awesome, I think you would be good not getting anymore done if you chose not to, but another pass and you will look like you've never lost a hair. I am six weeks post from my second surgery with Dr. Lorenzo (July 20, 21st), 2802 grafts this time (in the front and on top).....I am really in the ugly duckling stage right now but hoping for as good a result as I got in my crown.

How have people reacted to your new hair? You have to be thrilled.

Hey farm.

So your 6 weeks post op now, and in the hard phase?

Tell me did you suffer shockloss of the native hairs or your previous transplanted hairs in the reciepted area? Or did you just Shed the new HT hairs, and look like pre op before This HT ?

I would say I had 90%+ yield

I did not notice any shockloss, but then my crown was pretty bald to start with. dr. Lorenzo was careful and did not go much into areas where i had healthy native hairs.

After month 10, not much to be honest.

For me the timeline was like this:

Fairly quiet until month 4.5-5.

Then between month 5 and 7 everything grew.

Between months 7 and 9 things got more mature.

Between months 9 and 10 the cycle seemed complete, and the transplanted hairs felt and looked fully mature.

Cool.

Do you Also feel that your HT hairs looks darker ?

Hi Johnny,

I would say I only shed the recently transplanted hairs.....I don't think really have any native hair on top (it is all transplanted hair from the early 90's) I don't think I had any shock loss.....I just look exceptionally worse right now because before they shaved me for this transplant my previously transplanted hair was long enough to give some coverage and now it is very short.

Cool.

Dense packing may be associated with lower yield. I think it is a wise and conservative approach to mitigate the risk by having an additional surgery or two. No one wants to be that guy who had a mega-session procedure with poor growth.

I favor this approach, especially for those with a higher NW pattern. One can always go back and add additional density. This is something we have seen time and again from Dr. Lorenzo.

Nice result Adonix.

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Hi Johnny,

I would say I only shed the recently transplanted hairs.....I don't think really have any native hair on top (it is all transplanted hair from the early 90's) I don't think I had any shock loss.....I just look exceptionally worse right now because before they shaved me for this transplant my previously transplanted hair was long enough to give some coverage and now it is very short.

Allright.

Would live to see a picture of your head at current State.

Can you mane a thread with some pictures?

Dense packing may be associated with lower yield. I think it is a wise and conservative approach to mitigate the risk by having an additional surgery or two. No one wants to be that guy who had a mega-session procedure with poor growth.

I favor this approach, especially for those with a higher NW pattern. One can always go back and add additional density. This is something we have seen time and again from Dr. Lorenzo.

Nice result Adonix.

Your Right about that, and i like This approach Also.

I was just curious to know if he was happy with the density in the hairline or if he wanted it more dense :)