Hello, I just got "2000+" grafts and am a little nervous

tonyjames

Hello I am 26 years old and have been struggling w self esteem problems due to my hair for the past 3 years or so. I decided to get a hair transplant but I could only afford this one place, The Colorado Hair and Surgical Institute. The reviews looked okay at first and I wasn't nervous but now after doing more research I'm finding tons of terrible reviews, although some good ones. I was wondering if anyone could look at my pictures and tell me if they think it's going to be okay. The donor sight is definitely going to leave a nasty scar, but i'm more concerned about the hairs coming in. I think it looks okay but I'm having really bad anxiety. If anyone has any input, I would greatly appreciate it.

The first one is me a couple months pre surgery.

2942 and 2943 are one day after surgery

2938, 2940, and 2941 are two days after surgery

2946 and 2947 and 2948 is today after a shower which is the 6th day post surgery

and 2920 is a pic of my donor area

Thank you so much for any help!

12675059_10156610526160156_638103997_o.thumb.jpg.cccb10a4cd586410b6cf99bd87e76047.jpg

IMG_2942.thumb.jpg.083c02af6295cb217f487cdc2d418dc3.jpg

IMG_2943.thumb.jpg.22808c6a58b234a06d15879543f6675f.jpg

IMG_2938.thumb.jpg.a6be522245d8f3c9c0c9ea08688cc5a1.jpg

IMG_2940.thumb.jpg.77b62c9cd5fd4ee6bc17946d28afdb39.jpg

IMG_2941.thumb.jpg.e73680a9b7bb351dca729339d9cf6e52.jpg

IMG_2946.thumb.jpg.eea680484b74fa5daf68188f8e4457f5.jpg

IMG_2947.thumb.jpg.e642ea7219b798ebfaf65f255863c6b8.jpg

IMG_2948.thumb.jpg.a8ad3d4d5b2ae79e85111c16380c196d.jpg

IMG_2920.thumb.jpg.e21e65f80674af5687b88fc529e58ea9.jpg

You may also experience significantly more hair loss in the next couple of years. The scar can be treated, but you probably won't be able to wear certain hairstyles. For now, you could wait before worrying about the final results. Thank you for sharing and posting any future updates.

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC Clinic's European branch.

Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

London, United Kingdom - Available (Sat.)

Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Saturday)

Bologna, Italy - Available (Saturday)

Brussles, Belgium - Available (Sun.-Sat.) *No Fee*

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Tony it really is time to relax. I know easier said than done, but each day that passes you are one day closer to seeing the final result. Whether you worry a lot, or worry a little, you still have to get to about the one year mark to see the complete result. So really the worry is basically a waste of time because it won't change anything. I bet at the one year mark you will be relatively pleased in that some of the problem will be solved and/or look better than before.

Are you taking Propecia? At your age you should try and hold on to as much of your hair that you can. After all, holding on to the hair you have is at least half the battle. If I were you I would immediately get on Propecia and just take a half a dose every day or every other day, otherwise you are probably going to continue to lose hair.

One silver lining is you are so young that you will most likely see major changes and breakthroughs in the transplant industry that will help you better maintain a head of hair as you get older.

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

Tony it really is time to relax. I know easier said than done, but each day that passes you are one day closer to seeing the final result. Whether you worry a lot, or worry a little, you still have to get to about the one year mark to see the complete result. So really the worry is basically a waste of time because it won't change anything. I bet at the one year mark you will be relatively pleased in that some of the problem will be solved and/or look better than before.

Are you taking Propecia? At your age you should try and hold on to as much of your hair that you can. After all, holding on to the hair you have is at least half the battle. If I were you I would immediately get on Propecia and just take a half a dose every day or every other day, otherwise you are probably going to continue to lose hair.

One silver lining is you are so young that you will most likely see major changes and breakthroughs in the transplant industry that will help you better maintain a head of hair as you get older.

Thank you. I am taking Propecia. I started a few weeks before the transplant so I hope that helps with maintaining the rest of my hair. I am also doing laser treatments because the clinic is offering them for free so hopefully that will help a little bit too. I appreciate your response!

You may also experience significantly more hair loss in the next couple of years. The scar can be treated, but you probably won't be able to wear certain hairstyles. For now, you could wait before worrying about the final results. Thank you for sharing and posting any future updates.

I am aware that most people who lose hair young will continue to lose hair as they age. I am hoping the Propecia will help stop/slow this down. I usually don't wear my hair too short so I am not too worried about the scar in the next few years but who knows how my hairstyle will change as I get older. Thanks for your response!

Tony whether you realize it or not, you having a relatively high forehead is a plus. It will mean down the road "less space" that will need to be transplanted. Sure guys that have a low front hairline are blessed, until they start going bald, and then they have more acreage to try and cover. I would advise you in any future surgery to not try and lower your frontal hairline...keep it basically where it is now. This will allow you to keep things thicker on top and make better use of donor hair in case your crown needs it later. It looks like your doctor took a relatively conservative approach with only two thousand grafts and left you with more donor hair for later.

ps: if you start having any side effects from the Popecia....try playing with the dosage and the frequency. I am no doctor but I think having some of it in your blood every week does help. Some people start getting some side effects and just quit all together, when they should try tweaking dosage and frequency before just quitting.

Edited by Shampoo

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

Hang in there Tony. You will see results in a few short months. We've all been through it. Post more pictures at the 4 month mark. I would suspect you would be seeing new hairs popping through by then. This website is great for the forum conversations. If you want to see more pictures of the first 30 days of my surgery in 2012 and weekly pictures to date, you can see them and read the commentary at... MyFUEhairTransplant.com. Be patient and stay positive. We're all supporting you.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Tony whether you realize it or not, you having a relatively high forehead is a plus. It will mean down the road "less space" that will need to be transplanted. Sure guys that have a low front hairline are blessed, until they start going bald, and then they have more acreage to try and cover. I would advise you in any future surgery to not try and lower your frontal hairline...keep it basically where it is now. This will allow you to keep things thicker on top and make better use of donor hair in case your crown needs it later. It looks like your doctor took a relatively conservative approach with only two thousand grafts and left you with more donor hair for later.

ps: if you start having any side effects from the Popecia....try playing with the dosage and the frequency. I am no doctor but I think having some of it in your blood every week does help. Some people start getting some side effects and just quit all together, when they should try tweaking dosage and frequency before just quitting.

Thanks. Yeah I was thinking about skipping a day here and there if I start to get sides from it, but so far so good. Thanks for your response.

Hang in there Tony. You will see results in a few short months. We've all been through it. Post more pictures at the 4 month mark. I would suspect you would be seeing new hairs popping through by then. This website is great for the forum conversations. If you want to see more pictures of the first 30 days of my surgery in 2012 and weekly pictures to date, you can see them and read the commentary at... MyFUEhairTransplant.com. Be patient and stay positive. We're all supporting you.

Thank you! and nice transplant!

• 7 months later...

Curious as to how this is shaping up for you. You seem to be about 7 months out by now, so hopefully you have a positive update to give.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56