8 Months Post-Op - Dr Tejinder Bhatti (3800 grafts - 8000 hair) - Waiting for density

vik757

Hi All,

I had HT 8 months ago with Dr Tejinder Bhatti, there has been hair growth but lacks density.

I had a word with Dr and he advised me to wait for another couple of months.

Please have a look at my pictures and let me know what you think about the progress so far.

Grafts : 3800

Hair : around 8000

Medication:

Biotin : 5mg

Finasteride :1mg

My Website Link:

Hair Restoration Social Network ? Community for and by Hair Loss Patients - vik757's Profile

Thanks

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think this is a heck of a yield and a successful HT thus far -- that's a large area you covered with under 4000 grafts.

Reminds me of the area Dutchie was trying to cover

3185 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 2/17/16

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/182611-fut-3185-dr-rahal-day-after-pics.html

1204 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 3/27/17

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/186586-round-2-rahal-1204-fut-frontal-third-same-area.html

---> total of 4389 grafts to my frontal third via FUT

---> 1mg finasteride daily since 1999:)

Thanks Ernie for the comment.

I was expecting it to be more denser tough, so not really happy as of now. Dr. say its still only 60% growth so I am still hopeful.

So as per you 3800 grafts is less to cover the area and wont give me a fuller look. Because as per my discussion with Dr. before surgery this was enough to give me a fuller look.

I was always after dense look for that reason we decided to go keep the hair line bit behind (mature look) than normal.

Also, number of grafts was never an issue because Dr. told me I have a very dense donor area and very bushy beard, so lack of grafts was never a problem.

Cheers

Vik

Looks like things are coming along nicely! There is still plenty of time for additional density. As Dr. Bhatti advised, you'll need to wait it out before making any judgements. Please keep us updated on your progress.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Thanks David.

What do you think this is looking good for 8 months.

Yes, I am patiently waiting and very hopeful.

I have full confidence in Dr. Bhatti and lets hope for the best.

Cheers

Vik

Hi starscream,

I have taken the photos during day time out in a shade. The back photo might have a reflection, not sure, will take a better photo next time.

Having said that I have gained some hair in crown, also I am having Finastride 1mg.

But that was my expectation as per my initial discussion with Dr. to cover till the back for that reason we decided to compromise on the front by giving a mature look (i.e. broad forehead).

I am happy so far, but I expecting a dense look, there is big gaps between hairs, so when I keep it long it looks thin. I hope it grows more in coming months and become dense.

Fingers crossed

Cheers

Vic

It might be tough to give a dense pack all over the top given the high norwood you are. But I agree that the hairline could be a bit more dense.

Do you happen to have some pre-op op pics?

Are there any native hairs up there or were you fully bald?

It might be tough to give a dense pack all over the top given the high norwood you are. But I agree that the hairline could be a bit more dense.

Do you happen to have some pre-op op pics?

Are there any native hairs up there or were you fully bald?

Hi,

I was not fully bald I was having hair at crown but obviously not much, I will post photos.

I was expecting dense packing like 40 grafts/sq cm not sure how many grafts per sq cm were planted.

That's disappointing, i will have a word with Dr. about further increasing density. How much grafts per sq cm are needed for dense look as per you.

As per my initial conversation with Dr. he told i have enough donor head hair and very bushy bread so lack of grafts shouldn't be a problem.

By the way how difficult is it to plant more grafts on already transplanted area.

Cheers

V

Hi,

I was not fully bald I was having hair at crown but obviously not much, I will post photos.

I was expecting dense packing like 40 grafts/sq cm not sure how many grafts per sq cm were planted.

That's disappointing, i will have a word with Dr. about further increasing density. How much grafts per sq cm are needed for dense look as per you.

As per my initial conversation with Dr. he told i have enough donor head hair and very bushy bread so lack of grafts shouldn't be a problem.

By the way how difficult is it to plant more grafts on already transplanted area.

Cheers

V

I dont think it is difficult to add more density with another op. People do it all the time.

I think an average density of 40 grafts per sq cm should be sufficient to provide a good illusion of density. These grafts would be concentrated more near the hairline, say 50-55 grafts per cm, that the crown, say 25-30 grafts per cm.

I am sure the doctor would take care of this aesthetic design so dont worry.

My guess is that a typical norwood 5/6 would have 175-200 cm2 reciepient area. For average density of 40 grafts per cm, one would need 7000-8000 grafts.

These are just my thoughts. Consult with Dr.Bhatti as he would be able to give you a clear personalized plan to achieve what you want.

Please share your pre-op pics too...

Hi n00b,

So, as per my current photos you think all 3800 grafts has sprouted and there wouldn't be much improvement. Because I was definitely expecting more density. especially my front line is not thick, it looks like i am missing a front line. your thoughts.

Cheers

V

I dont think it is difficult to add more density with another op. People do it all the time.

I think an average density of 40 grafts per sq cm should be sufficient to provide a good illusion of density. These grafts would be concentrated more near the hairline, say 50-55 grafts per cm, that the crown, say 25-30 grafts per cm.

I am sure the doctor would take care of this aesthetic design so dont worry.

My guess is that a typical norwood 5/6 would have 175-200 cm2 reciepient area. For average density of 40 grafts per cm, one would need 7000-8000 grafts.

These are just my thoughts. Consult with Dr.Bhatti as he would be able to give you a clear personalized plan to achieve what you want.

Please share your pre-op pics too...

Hi n00b,

So, as per my current photos you think all 3800 grafts has sprouted and there wouldn't be much improvement. Because I was definitely expecting more density. especially my front line is not thick, it looks like i am missing a front line. your thoughts.

Cheers

V

Looks like things are coming along nicely! There is still plenty of time for additional density. As Dr. Bhatti advised, you'll need to wait it out before making any judgements. Please keep us updated on your progress.

Hi David,

Cheers

V

Hi n00b,

Cheers

V

Thats a tough question to answer. Sharing your pre-op pics might help some members make a guess...

Comparing your pre op, post op and 8 months images, there's a lot of empty spaces along the hairline where there were grafts implanted.

I definitely think you should have had more growth.

Do you see any new sprouts? It's definitely late in the process but it's not completely lost for the next few months.

Comparing your pre op, post op and 8 months images, there's a lot of empty spaces along the hairline where there were grafts implanted.

Do you see any new sprouts? It's definitely late in the process but it's not completely lost for the next few months.

Hi Transhair,

Thanks for your feedback, difficult to tell whether I am having new sprouts, probably I need to use that personal microscope to check. However, how long you think should I wait before considering another transplant. 12 month mark is a good time.

Thanks

V

Edited by vik757

what does the doctor say?

I think this is a heck of a yield and a successful HT thus far -- that's a large area you covered with under 4000 grafts.

Reminds me of the area Dutchie was trying to cover

HUH???? I only had 120 cm2 to cover. You think thats a lot?? :confused:

HUH???? I only had 120 cm2 to cover. You think thats a lot?? :confused:

Dutchie, just sent you a PM so we don't hijack this thread. 120cm2 can be a huge area or a small area. All depends on how many grafts are designated for that area.

3185 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 2/17/16

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/182611-fut-3185-dr-rahal-day-after-pics.html

1204 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 3/27/17

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/186586-round-2-rahal-1204-fut-frontal-third-same-area.html

---> total of 4389 grafts to my frontal third via FUT

---> 1mg finasteride daily since 1999:)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

I have hit the 9 month mark, attached my photos in the link below. (photos are taken in the garden area at around 4 pm)

To be honest its still not much of the improvement. hair are looking thin with gaps.

Please have a look and give me your feedback about what do you feel.

Cheers

V

grafts: 3800

hair: 8000

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/user_album_update.php?album_id=4840

Here's direct link for his 9-months: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/vik757/albums/4840

28526.jpg

You still have 3 to 9 months of growing left, but I admit it doesnt look very good right now.

Whats even weirder you seem to not have good growth on your frontal scalp, and thats usually where most people get their initial growth spurt (and the crown usually comes last). Its like you've gone in reverse.

I'm not ready to call yours a failed HT just yet, but one thing I learned about this site there seems to be at least one failed transplant for every 3 or 4 successful ones