Great news - Dr. Tsuji is moving forward.

Kyocera to join hair regeneration research project- Nikkei Asian Review

http://global.kyocera.com/news/2016/0702_nfid.html

This is good news. Dr. Tsuji is moving forward. Didn't post a while on this site because my mission was done here but felt this was pretty important.

For people that don't know who Dr. Tsuji is. He is pretty much the most accomplished researcher in terms of hair follicle regeneration. The research institution where he works Riken, is extremely cutting-edge that have some very intelligent people walking around.

I think this is pretty much the point where the hair transplant industry will start to get threatened. Changes are most likely coming.

If anyone will be able to get something marvelous done, it's this guy with his team. This is real hope imo.

0702_nfid01.jpg

Edited by Swooping

Proud to be a representative of world elite hair transplant surgeon Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic.

Hairtransplantelite.com

YouTube

Online consultations: damian@bhrclinic.com

Long way to go but better to have hope than nothing?

I'm personally not really a man of hope.This isn't false hope like with all other treatments though, but real hope. Something that really has big chances of working out.

I personally wouldn't be surprised if they are actually going to be able to grow hair. I even find it likely.

Proud to be a representative of world elite hair transplant surgeon Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic.

Hairtransplantelite.com

YouTube

Yep so do millions of other's .

So would a clinic have to send a part of a scalp to japan? Or would this business model be that local laboratory would do this for the local HT Clinic?

Just kinda wondering about if anything would be compromised by the time factor in the transportation of a cut out piece of the scalp as time is the essence of all this right?

Sorry if it sounds like a silly question but makes me think if this works out how would it work from A to Z .

Yep so do millions of other's .

So would a clinic have to send a part of a scalp to japan? Or would this business model be that local laboratory would do this for the local HT Clinic?

Just kinda wondering about if anything would be compromised by the time factor in the transportation of a cut out piece of the scalp as time is the essence of all this right?

Sorry if it sounds like a silly question but makes me think if this works out how would it work from A to Z .

Japan offers expedited trials for regenerative therapy like this. Trials can be done at a much faster and quicker pace in Japan. This is being done in Japan for now.

You would have to travel to Japan. A small specimen of hair follicles would get taken out from your donor area. That would get shipped to a cell processing factory. They would dissect your hair follicles there and take two type of (stem) cells and culture them and add them together.

Out of that hair follicle primordiums would arise which could then be injected into your scalp giving rise to fully developed hair follicles.

Control of hair density is a big advantage of this contrary to the current HT practices that can't match native hair density. Aside from that the other advantage obviously is that you don't have the problems of limited hair follicles anymore.

We'll have to see obviously, but these guys are not joking around. This is advanced next-era regenerative therapy with the use of stem cells.

Hairtransplantelite.com

YouTube

Is it a bold prediction when I say they will maybe succeed in this and grow hair? Chances are surely there.

Made a quick info graphic for some people that are not aware what they are doing btw. Hope it helps :).

Combination of epithelial and mesenchymal stem cells basically;

tsujimethod.jpg

Hairtransplantelite.com

YouTube

Wow.

be truly amazing if they could make this happen no worries about donor supply.

do you know a estimated time they will actually put them newly grown folicals into a human scalp? as that would be interesting to see if they wll take or reject for whatever unknown reason/s?

Is it a bold prediction when I say they will maybe succeed in this and grow hair? Chances are surely there.

Made a quick info graphic for some people that are not aware what they are doing btw. Hope it helps :).

Combination of epithelial and mesenchymal stem cells basically;

tsujimethod.jpg

Even if they could get a follicle to grow, the difficulty seems like it would be replicating this on a mass scale successfully. I could see them creating a follicle in a relatively reasonable amount of time, but then you have task of getting a very high success rate thousands of times on each patient. Even with loose regulations this would be a huge task. Then we know that there are other variables like collagen that aid in hair growth that may be present in babies that aren't as available in older men. Not trying to snuff out hope on this, but I think we should continue to be skeptical.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

This seems very similar to Replicel's tech but they are strangely quiet on it. Perhaps most surprising was an article that reads as if Sheisedo could be progressing alone?

Shiseido | The End of Hair Loss and Balding by 2020

Typical biotech that goes silent when facing hurdles! Also Replicel's stock price is floundering at record lows which is hardly an indication that things are progressing well.

Japan are clearly reading as the frontrunners to me. With Sheisedo & Kyocera, Organ Technologies, RIKEN, Takashi Tsuji working on this I think there is reason to be cautiously optimistic. The prize should be huge for whoever wins the race.

Wow.

be truly amazing if they could make this happen no worries about donor supply.

do you know a estimated time they will actually put them newly grown folicals into a human scalp? as that would be interesting to see if they wll take or reject for whatever unknown reason/s?

I don't unfortunately.

Even if they could get a follicle to grow, the difficulty seems like it would be replicating this on a mass scale successfully. I could see them creating a follicle in a relatively reasonable amount of time, but then you have task of getting a very high success rate thousands of times on each patient. Even with loose regulations this would be a huge task. Then we know that there are other variables like collagen that aid in hair growth that may be present in babies that aren't as available in older men. Not trying to snuff out hope on this, but I think we should continue to be skeptical.

I agree to remain somewhat skeptical but this is really exciting. I mean the hair follicle is unique as an organ in these sense that it has regenerative capacities. Like you I agree that they will probably grow a hair follicle but that doing this on a mass scale will be tricky. That being said I assume most of it will be automated in some high cutting edge fashion. Besides the method which seems sound (making use of stem cells to mimic the fetal period), the partnership behind this is no joke either..

slide20160712_2.jpg

Hairtransplantelite.com

YouTube