Your opinion about my hairline receeding

Hello All,

I want to restore my hairline which i find very ugly ....

Since 2006 it has been receding ...

Find enclosed the photo of before (2006) and now (2016)

attachment.php?attachmentid=95404&stc=1&d=1467276604

attachment.php?attachmentid=95405&stc=1&d=1467276604

I want to restore my hairline, my question is do you think the hairline could be a made a little bit lower as it was in 2006 ?

Some doctors i contacted told me the hairline can be perfectly restored

Thx for your answer.

DSC_0058_JPG.jpg.c16f1d74df44d1a05955d99a602c4424.jpg

B.jpg.c1c84d41e0ff3cc52e33d686e6664d1b.jpg

Hi Mercilo,

How old are you? This could be a case of normal hairline "maturation" and not a case of true hair loss. To be frank, I think most would caution you against being overly aggressive in the front now -- in fact, most would probably discourage surgery right now. Especially if it is true hair loss and you're not sure what will happen up the road.

Dr. Blake Bloxham is recommended by the Hair Transplant Network.

Hair restoration physician - Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation

Previously "Future_HT_Doc" or "Blake_Bloxham" - forum co-moderator and editorial assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, Hair Restoration Network, Hair Loss Q&A blog, and Hair Loss Learning Center.

Click here to read my previous answers to hair loss and hair restoration questions, editorials, commentaries, and educational articles.

Now practicing hair transplant surgery with Coalition hair restoration physician Dr Alan Feller at our New York practice: Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation.

Please note: my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Hello,

I am 30 Doctor.

My issue is like i got a lot of comments about me being loosing my hair, also not feeling comfortable about the receding as it is so obvious... my hairdresser also commented this telling me he think this is baldness... do u think a light restoration of the front would be achievable without issue ?

thx

At 30, it probably is a little bit of frontal recession. What's the family history of hair loss like? Anyone in your family -- Dad, Grandpa, brothers -- completely bald on top?

A conservative restoration in the front isn't necessarily out of the question IF it is done wisely. I'd strongly urge you not to aggressively drop the hairline, make it overly flat, or box the corners in too much. But a little bit to fix some of the temporal recession wouldn't be illegal. But make sure you're keeping an eye on everything, and be aware that doing the corners like that does kind of obligate you to do more in the middle "mohawk" region if you do continue to thin -- because otherwise you can be left with two little floating "islands" of transplants in the corners there.

Any additional pictures too? Because the loss does look quite minimal from that shot alone.

Hope this is helping!

Previously "Future_HT_Doc" or "Blake_Bloxham" - forum co-moderator and editorial assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, Hair Restoration Network, Hair Loss Q&A blog, and Hair Loss Learning Center.

Click here to read my previous answers to hair loss and hair restoration questions, editorials, commentaries, and educational articles.

Now practicing hair transplant surgery with Coalition hair restoration physician Dr Alan Feller at our New York practice: Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation.

Please note: my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Dr Bloxham is clearly the most qualified to answer this question but if you haven't already I would get in to see one of the recommended surgeons and get your hair directly in front of a doctor and let them advise you. Online consults are good in that they give you a general picture, ie a majority recommend the same range of grafts or a majority say don't do a surgery, and it's good to listen to the majority vs just the one who tells you what you want to hear but once you've gotten the majority opinions then get in front of a doc you like and let him advise a course of action.

Looks like you have pretty solid hair. I agree. See a top physician and get an opinion. I feel like you can refine it but nothing beats an in person consult.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Hi Mercilo,

How old are you? This could be a case of normal hairline "maturation" and not a case of true hair loss. To be frank, I think most would caution you against being overly aggressive in the front now -- in fact, most would probably discourage surgery right now. Especially if it is true hair loss and you're not sure what will happen up the road.

Dear Doctor,

thanks for your answer. I will take a photo for you and post it later today.

In the meantime.

Pls let me show you what i have been prescribed by a doctor in France.

attachment.php?attachmentid=95534&stc=1&d=1467340590

do you think this is a reasonnable approach to correcting my hairline ?

thx

hair-correction.thumb.jpg.79b6382c09b3399be2865e7581c2c9d4.jpg

Mercilo,

Like Spanker and Mikey correctly stated, I haven't seen you in person so I cannot provide a truly accurate assessment of the stability of the rest of your hair or make any sort of meaningful prediction on what may happen in the future.

Having said that, I think that proposed plan is too aggressive and I would not recommend it. You're really backing yourself into a corner with something that aggressive. This is something that you have to keep up with if you thin behind it. The problem is that it would take a significant number of grafts to achieve that plan, and you don't know how many you'll need up the road. This puts you into a scenario where you could potentially have a low, aggressive frontal transplant, gaps behind it, and insufficient grafts to fill them. I've seen this before, and it's not a good place to be. I also don't think that plan would "age" very well in general.

If you wanted to do something now, I'd personally recommend something conservative to address mainly the corner recession. And remember that you can always be a little more aggressive later if things appear stable behind the conservative transplants and grafts can be more comfortably allocated to the front. BUT, the other way around -- starting aggressive and trying to reverse it -- is quite difficult.

Hope this is helping. Get as many opinions as you can. And see some doctors in person too.

Thx you doctor and all for your answers.

well i understand perfectly what ur saying doctor and i will follow your opinion.

I found some video on youtube like this one :

I can see this guys is having almost the same balding corner as i do and that the clinic could restore them without lowering the hairline.

May i know how many graph would it takes to correct my corner ?

Based on what i understand it would be around 500-1000 ?

ex from the video i posted above :

attachment.php?attachmentid=95553&stc=1&d=1467352176

Thx you

Receding_Corner_Hair_Loss_FUE_Hair_Transplant_Norwood_3_Before_After_Dr__Diep_www_mhtaclinic_com.jpg.1ce410163b07886995c88c17c791b613.jpg