I am in the middle of surgery right now!

I woke up after being knocked for a couple hours out by Diazepam. Then had some drinks, something to eat, watched a movie ('I love you man'), took some photos, chatted with the techs.

A little bored and my buttocks hurts from sitting but I think there's only an 1.5-2 hours left and my 2nd Hair Transplant will be done (yay :D )

This was a strip procedure again. They took Virgin skin first which came out easily. Then they took skin from the scar tissue (due to HT #1) which came out with some resistance. No problems so far, thankfully. The virgin skin gave 1400 grafts. The scar tissue skin is projected to give a little less. We are projecting 2500+ grafts total.

I am just playing with my iPhone, texting my girlfriend, chatting with techs, and generally trying to relax and pass the time as I'm tired of a sitting (it's about 4:10 pm). I got here an hour late this morning due to LA traffic. I feel bad keeping the doc and techs a little late but they are so friendly and just doing great work (I think). I really hope this procedure turns out as well as my first HT came out (also with Dr. Mohebi). Please wish me luck guys!!! I will go home in about 1.5 hours!!!

I will most likely not come in for tomorrow's hair wash (a hair wash is standard for HT patients) since my girlfriend is a hair stylist and Dr. Mohebi and staff will instruct on her how to wash my hair.

image.thumb.jpg.3a2ddf2e9b29703d964090fe951aec1e.jpg

Paulygon is a former patient of Dr. Parsa Mohebi

My regimen includes:

HT #1 2710 grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in 2012

Rogaine foam 2x daily, since 2012 (stopped ~10/2015)

Finasteride 1.25mg daily, since 2012 (stopped ~12/2015)

HT #2 3238 grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in Jun. 2016

Started Rogaine and Propecia in July. 2016 after being off of them for about a year.

Ah yes - I know that room - having been the resident there three (3) months ago! I am sure your result will be stellar.

And yes, I am experiencing the 3 month growth spurt now! Pics soon.

Edited by voxman

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

So I guess you told your girlfriend. How did that go?

Looking forward to some pics.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

So I guess you told your girlfriend. How did that go?

Looking forward to some pics.

Spanker, thanks for asking.

This is a photo of the morning after the operation. I was pretty happy and decided to make a simple breakfast for my girlfriend because she certainly passed all the girlfriend - hair transplant tests and took excellent care of me.. she even adjusted my pillows throughout the first night because I had a pretty bad neckache (I think causes by the long hours of surgery). Actually she stayed in Mohebi's lobby and passed time at the Starbucks across the street during my surgery.. we texted back and forth while I was in surgery.

Anyway, point is, SO MUCH of my worry about telling her about my HT was in my mind....! What a waste of mental energy it was to hide and worry about disclosing about my hair. "Those who matter don't care; those who care don't matter"

image.thumb.jpeg.0d79e89c41c07623aaf6f37a7e7354a8.jpeg

Paulygon is a former patient of Dr. Parsa Mohebi

My regimen includes:

HT #1 2710 grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in 2012

Rogaine foam 2x daily, since 2012 (stopped ~10/2015)

Finasteride 1.25mg daily, since 2012 (stopped ~12/2015)

HT #2 3238 grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in Jun. 2016

Started Rogaine and Propecia in July. 2016 after being off of them for about a year.