a week after FUE procedure

A week after 2k graphs and i'm nearly all healed up and a lot of new hair i didn't have before. The question i have is if what i see now the final result? then i will have shock loss and regain that again? or is the final product a year from now much better than a week after?

Great question.. I was going to pose the same question but you beat me to it!

My theory is that the first week after surgery is roughly a preview of the final results, assuming a low transection rate that is typical of work performed by top surgeons, such as Dr. Mohebi (my doc). FYI- My implanted hairs stayed in up to day 10 and then started falling out.

When I talked to Dr. Mohebi he mentioned that generally FUT has 1-2% transection rates and FUE has 5-10% transection rates, which varies from surgeon to surgeon. That being said, the first week after surgery may show a little better than final results, in case a very small percent (1-10%) of the follicles do not regrow hair.

it has been almost 4 years so I apologize if I can't remember in more detail regarding how I looked right after and in comparison to 9-12months after surgery. I am up for my second HT procedure in 11 days and am so excited. I just hope Dr. Mohebi does as awesome a job for me as he did the first time. I will keep you posted.. and I will try to update about my case of comparing the first week after to the final results.

Paulygon is a former patient of Dr. Parsa Mohebi

My regimen includes:

HT #1 2710 grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in 2012

Rogaine foam 2x daily, since 2012 (stopped ~10/2015)

Finasteride 1.25mg daily, since 2012 (stopped ~12/2015)

HT #2 3238 grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in Jun. 2016

Started Rogaine and Propecia in July. 2016 after being off of them for about a year.

Great question.. I was going to pose the same question but you beat me to it!

My theory is that the first week after surgery is roughly a preview of the final results, assuming a low transection rate that is typical of work performed by top surgeons, such as Dr. Mohebi (my doc). FYI- My implanted hairs stayed in up to day 10 and then started falling out.

When I talked to Dr. Mohebi he mentioned that generally FUT has 1-2% transection rates and FUE has 5-10% transection rates, which varies from surgeon to surgeon. That being said, the first week after surgery may show a little better than final results, in case a very small percent (1-10%) of the follicles do not regrow hair.

it has been almost 4 years so I apologize if I can't remember in more detail regarding how I looked right after and in comparison to 9-12months after surgery. I am up for my second HT procedure in 11 days and am so excited. I just hope Dr. Mohebi does as awesome a job for me as he did the first time. I will keep you posted.. and I will try to update about my case of comparing the first week after to the final results.

Interesting. I'm on day 8 after and it seems to be getting better every day which doesn't make sense

It should be your result minus anywhere between 2 to 15 percent. It really depends on your growth. You also have to consider of you lose any native hair.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

My FUE doctor averages 2.8% transection rate (or less) so some of the estimates here may be a bit high for modern FUE.

Harris S.A.F.E. System for FUE - Dr. James Harris, Denver | Hair Sciences of Colorado

1,792 graft FUE with Dr. James Harris (Denver, Colorado) on April 2-3, 2015

313 graft FUE with Dr. James Harris (Denver, Colorado) on May 3, 2016 to make it perfect!!!

Hey "Symphony.." I have chronicled my entire event with dialogue and pictures during the first 30 days after surgery and beyond....to the 3 year mark with plenty of before and afters. It should provide a good example of what to expect. You can see it at.. MyFUEhairtransplant.com Best of luck and keep posting to this forum with updates.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Hey "Symphony.." I have chronicled my entire event with dialogue and pictures during the first 30 days after surgery and beyond....to the 3 year mark with plenty of before and afters. It should provide a good example of what to expect. You can see it at.. MyFUEhairtransplant.com Best of luck and keep posting to this forum with updates.

Thanks, I'll check it out

• 2 weeks later...
Right now also have a ton of black dots without hair coming out. i'd assume this means hair has already fallen out and will eventually grow in these areas?

i have a lot of black dots too.. i believe they are scabs

I am about a 8 days post-op right now... the new hair looks great but i know they will fall out soon :(

Paulygon is a former patient of Dr. Parsa Mohebi

My regimen includes:

HT #1 2710 grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in 2012

Rogaine foam 2x daily, since 2012 (stopped ~10/2015)

Finasteride 1.25mg daily, since 2012 (stopped ~12/2015)

HT #2 3238 grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in Jun. 2016

Started Rogaine and Propecia in July. 2016 after being off of them for about a year.