Fue are the real results worth it ?

Hi with so many mixed results and the mine field of real reviews , not ones which are doctored or used to promote a surgeon , does the fue procedure give good actual results as in density , hairline restoration etc. I am considering it but to get honest real results seems difficult as each surgeon has good and bad reviews and then all the advise seems to state dont put your expectations too high alont with photo results which seem to have been doctored . How do you judge what percent of people who have undergone the procedure are happy with the results ? or is just a blind leap of faith and hope for the best . Ive read lots of forums but still very mixed results . thanks

si

@sivy28 - You be the judge. Just got a touch-up last week to thicken up the sides a bit but I am nothing short of thrilled with my FUE results. It's a miraculous transformation.

I think your sense is correct, though. It's all about selecting the right doctor. My doctor (Jim Harris in Colorado) is absolutely fantastic! I cannot recommend him highly enough.

20150403_180601585_iOS.thumb.jpg.7308e04a57c22e962164f4208091ca47.jpg

5b32ecae9dab1_Pre2016touchup.thumb.jpg.2662a81c7eae6989cf6fad879b407e89.jpg

1,792 graft FUE with Dr. James Harris (Denver, Colorado) on April 2-3, 2015

313 graft FUE with Dr. James Harris (Denver, Colorado) on May 3, 2016 to make it perfect!!!

Well, I had two strips before my FUE but I've been extremely pleased with the difference it's made. I would not hesitate to do it again.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

thanks for the replies guys < i think the point im trying to get across is even if you get the dr right their is still no gaurantee obviously , i work in the medical profession in surgery so know there can be no gaurantees . It is very difficult to get the data together to see what percentage of patients are very happy with their results given right doctor , right donor site , etc . its so variable it is difficult to filter through all the info from all of the forums , and with that some forums are their to promote surgeons buisness so can be biased. So basically its a big leap of faith even after research. You wont see any surgeon publishing how many non happy customers they have had :o

In the right hands with the right experience, yes, I believe FUE results can be excellent. Statistically however, strip results are typically more consistent and thus, I think people considering both strip and FUE should seriously consider all the advantages and disadvantages of each procedure before undergoing hair transplant surgery. Some clinics who provide both don't allow their patient to choose the procedure, instead they'll recommend a procedure they think is best for your individual needs. Others will recommend and then give you the choice while others only perform only one of the two procedures. There's a lot to consider. At the end of the day, choose a surgeon who has an exceptional track record of producing excellent results, like those recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. Click here to see an exclusive list of those we recommend.

Best wishes,

Bill

It is very difficult to get the data together to see what percentage of patients are very happy with their results given right doctor , right donor site , etc . its so variable it is difficult to filter through all the info from all of the forums

That's because no such data exists and likely never will .The forums are the best independant source of information you'll find . The more you research , the more you'll get to know which surgeons are delivering the most consistent good

results . The caveat being , as you already know , that even the best doctors can have sub-par results for many reasons .

thanks chris 39 you are right but one problem with the forums are how can you also be sure the reviews are independant ? there are known pracitces where so called members are paid to promote a surgeon , or leave neg reviews of a competitor so even then you have to be careful what read and believe. The uk seems a rip off price wise but this leaves us open to being led to a foriegn country and then our only way of finding information is relying on posts of others . Im sure forums /surgeons know this and a lot of money is involved. As i said other than flying out for a look its so difficult to make the choice.

Edited by David - Moderator

Over many years I have seen both good and bad results from either technique.

The key is the surgeon's skill and the long term reputation of said surgeon. That being said, there are risks both foreseeable and a few that are not such as the patient's physiology.

A good recommendation would be to make a list for FUHT and FUE and note the advantages and disadvantages for each.

Then, find the most talented and reputable surgeon for the technique that you feel is best suited to accomplish your objectives.

I think if you do your due diligence, you will be fine.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY