What exactly causes grafts to not take when there's no obvious signs of damage?

Like, I guess I'm paranoid and thinking of every possibility due to only being 3.5 months post op and slightly worried for the future, but what exactly causes grafts to die for some people when they never had any bleeding from graft loss and they all seemed to stay in the head for a few weeks as normal?

Do they just basically die and sit in the scalp until something causes it to fall out, looking like a normal shedding period, or can they even just randomly die after all the shedding has happened regardless of care taken?

3.5 months post op is way too early to worry , but like you say it's a paranoia shared by many . At that stage I was only just getting back to my pre-op satge and I had slight concerns at the way it was progressing . However , from month 4 on , things have really started to happen .

Back to your question , from what I've read , one reason why hairs may die is that the blood supply is insufficient to sustain the grafts placed . I've read of cases where the growth is good , but at some stage later on , for some reason the blood supply required to the transplanted area can cease . I don't think anyone really knows why this should happen , but if others do then please chip in . Having said that , it's not a common occurence as far as I know , so not worth stressing over , especially at your early stage .

Yeah, I'm not too paranoid about my result right now, I have some areas that look like they're already at 50% density and some with none, but there has definitely been a degree of growth at least. It's more thinking of potential situations. Thanks for the insight though.

2 of my friends experienced this , they did FUE and the growth was great till 14 months post HT , but then suddenly the mid scalp density dropped to 40 % in the next 2-3 months ... and they were again back to their lack of confidence phase , even the docs did not answer that convincingly , surely both docs (1 is almost Numero Uno ) FUE docs said it was due to Lack of blood supply , BUT hey can this happen after 14 months? WHY did the blood supply remain constant till 14 months? if supply was a issue why did they have robust growth till 14 months ... someone can chime their experience on this !

I had a consult with a surgeon who normally promotes 95%+ FUE yield, however he told me that because I had previous HT's, did not have virgin scalp, had some scar tissue & the blood supply has been compromised he predicted only 80% yield.