3 weeks post op, is it cool to massage my head while hair sheds?

According to a research study by Dr. Bernstein, your transplants were locked into your scalp at Day 9 (if you had scabs left and sooner if you didn't have any scabs), so at least for me, I'd massage away!

1,792 graft FUE with Dr. James Harris (Denver, Colorado) on April 2-3, 2015

313 graft FUE with Dr. James Harris (Denver, Colorado) on May 3, 2016 to make it perfect!!!

Yep those grafts are completely secure now. Won't do any harm.

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

I agree and you also want to start removing all of the crusting that may be still there. Most of the graft hair will come out with the crusts however.

Congrats on your recent procedure....;)

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Hi Beebz,

If you do have some scabs left, massage the recipient area when you shampoo to get the remaining scabs off. Light, gentle massage to the scalp is fine when you're sitting at your desk for the itchiness but don't pick at the scabs. You won't harm the follicles if you did pick but it's more for the condition of your scalp not due to danger of your grafts. The skin may get patchy (red and white) spots if you picked at the scabs.

Best wishes on your results.

We're working on your pictures to post.